IGNORED

Now I feel guilty. (Bridgestone vs Titleist)

Moppy
Note: This thread is 3350 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think the E6 is like hitting a marshmallow. I will send you all the e6's I have for your prov1s... Deal?

You probably have swing speed I can only dream of, that's why I think Titleist is wrong when they say that their ball is for everybody. I could use them and say  I play no other ball, but it would be posing, I think. For me, there are better balls. I can't squeeze the potential out of a ProV1 with my skill level.  For you, they are better, I don't doubt you with your handicap.

I play whatever ball I can get the cheapest, but the few e-6s I have run across seemed pretty nice. Of course, with my swing, it could have been a coincidence.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You probably have swing speed I can only dream of, that's why I think Titleist is wrong when they say that their ball is for everybody. I could use them and say  I play no other ball, but it would be posing, I think. For me, there are better balls. I can't squeeze the potential out of a ProV1 with my skill level.  For you, they are better, I don't doubt you with your handicap.

I know quite a few people that have the some opinion as you do. I've never done anything even close to a scientific study on it so I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other.

That said, whenever I think about it I can never get past the fact that Pro V1s (and Tour balls from other companies) "feel" and perform just fine whether I am hitting them with a full speed all-out driver swing, a very slow swing with less club where I'm tying to take off a lot of distance, or anything in between.

Because of that lean toward those balls making no negative difference for lower club head speeds and having positive benefits for higher club head speeds.

I can fully understand, regardless of club head speed, anyone not wanting to pay for the premium balls because they can get just as much performance out of a cheaper ball. I think they are probably right.

Just have a hard time believing they wouldn't get at least an equal performance out of a Pro V1 if they chose to play that ball and the money issue was off of the table.

Play what you like. I'm convinced that while ball-fitting may have some value to some players the majority of folks would do best to play the ball that they are most comfortable with.

Just have a hard time believing they wouldn't get at least an equal performance out of a Pro V1 if they chose to play that ball and the money issue was off of the table.

That's the thing, cost is off the table. I now have a lifetime supply of free Prov1s. My friend comes up here to fish for three or four days every summer, has for years, stays at my place, I live on the lake, we use my boat, he brings me these as a thank you. I enjoy his company greatly and look forward to his visit every year. The gift is thoughtful. I can also easily afford them were I going to pay for them.

Maybe if I put in as much time putting with them on the practice green as I have with the e6, it would be different. But the e6s just fit my putting stroke for some reason they go as far as I think they will most every time, barring a nasty slope on the green or whatever. Driving, I don't notice much difference. I have only played 18 holes with the ProV1s, but have only lost one, on the eighteenth, I mishit horribly and drove it almost sideways to the next fairway and beyond into the shmutz. Can't blame that one on the ball. My friend lost five of them for me in nine holes :-X .

I also don't have the ability to check the ball on the green. I desperately want that, as there is nothing worse, IMHO, than hitting a green and rolling off without the ball even thinking of sitting. Maybe the ProV1 can do that if I could do it. I think I am going to practice with them for a while, but play with the e6s and see if my opinion changes.

I was never able to get a ball to check on the green. Until I started playing ProV's. Now my shots coming into the green drop and stop, even my chips check up, BUT, I have not paid full price for them. If I had to pay full price don't know what I would do. Hope I don't have to find out.

P.S. My swing speed is around 80-82

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

Bridgestone balls made in the USA.. titleist made.. some where else.... every box of PROv1 you buy $4 per box goes to Bridgestone cause of the lawsuit.. titleist copied there dimple patterns...

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

I think the E6 is like hitting a marshmallow. I will send you all the e6's I have for your prov1s... Deal?

I don't have any ProV1s to trade, but I could send you a bag of marshmallows??  At least you could eat them?? :-P

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Bridgestone balls made in the USA.. titleist made.. some where else.... every box of PROv1 you buy $4 per box goes to Bridgestone cause of the lawsuit.. titleist copied there dimple patterns...

Titleists are made in Massachusetts, USA

I don't really understand how someone can putt one ball "intuitively" and not others... The ball doesn't affect the stroke you make.

Colin P.

Titleists are made in Massachusetts, USA

The company Headquarters are in MAss.. but the balls are made overseas...

Titliest balls are also painted.. and have a seem...

Bridestone balls are seemless and are not painted...

Look i like the bridgestone balls... the feel and distance i get.

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

I think it's time to change balls. I currently play Srixon Z-Star. I like colored (not African-American) balls. I tried the Volvik Vista iS and iV. Very "heavy" ball. I consistently drive it more poorly than any ball I've tried. That seems weird. I'm going to compare the Bridgestone B330 RX with the Titleist NXT Tour S. I've played both in the past. I like both, but I think it is very important to get used to how a single ball reacts (especially around and on the green). I hit a low ball, so I'm a little worried about too little spin into the green. I think I may lose a little yardage off the tee, but I really like the feel off the driver and irons. I think I'm getting old. :-)

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I also don't have the ability to check the ball on the green. I desperately want that, as there is nothing worse, IMHO, than hitting a green and rolling off without the ball even thinking of sitting. Maybe the ProV1 can do that if I could do it. I think I am going to practice with them for a while, but play with the e6s and see if my opinion changes.

Once you get better, you should be able to tell that Pro V1 (one of the best spin balls) will check much better than E6 (no spin ball).  You can also shape shots better with Pro V1 than you do with E6.   They are really two different balls.   My wife uses E6 b/c it lessens her slice fade and can hit longer with her slower swing speed.  I sometimes use Pro V1 if my short game is in slump (or on faster green course).   It tightens my short game at the expense of a few yard loss from tee. So keep those balls in safe.  You may use & appreciate them later.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I don't really understand how someone can putt one ball "intuitively" and not others... The ball doesn't affect the stroke you make.

It just goes how far I think it will. I have to think abut hitting it straight, but now how far it will go. Maybe it is in my head.

A friend of mine lives near a TPC course and bicycles around it every day. He collects tons of golf balls over a year. He came up to visit me for a weekend and gave me a bag of about 36 Pro V1s and Sryxon balls. I have been playing them and I have to admit that I like my Bridgestone e6s better. Everybody I play with and posters here swear by the ProV1s, I know.

The Bridgestone balls just seem to fit my putting stroke and I putt intuitively with them, and I putt the ProV1s terribly. I also don't really notice any difference around the green otherwise, and I don't drive them farther. Though I do seem to have been hitting them straighter, I think this is due to swing changes though.  I have played two nine hole rounds and have only lost one. I don't really like the feel of them, they are not exactly soft, but they aren't hard like a range ball either, more like putty. I guess I will try the Sryxons, but I feel guilty because my friend gave me this great gift. I know Titleist says that swing speed doesn't matter selecting a ball, and Bridgestone says that it is everything. I am going with Bridgestone on this one though.

I guess I will give them to my golfing partners to play, or maybe keep them until I get better. I am betting I get another bag next summer. Maybe I am just not skilled enough to appreciate these balls. Maybe I should spend a couple hours on the putting green with them. I have always practiced putting with the Bridgstones up to now.

i have played pro v1's and like you i love the e6! and if swing speed didn't matter then titelist wouldn't make the dt solo (better for slower swing speeds) or the velocity or the nxt. now i still believe the pro v1 is the best all around ball however all around it doesnt fit my game. it doesnt stay as straight as when i use an e6 and it does feel a touch harder then my e6 (that could just be me) i would hang on to at least a dozen of each the pro v and the srixon (im assuming its the z star) both wicked balls and will overall be a better ball then the e6. but like you i love the e6 swear by it and can hit some of my best shots with it. but i loose a lot of balls golfing due to water or lost in the trees so i cant really justify spending $30-$50 on a dozen balls. but you cant beat free! i would hang on to them for a later time or keep a few around for when you play a solo round and hit 2 balls on a hole.

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

The e6 is a great ball. I played them many times in the past. They spin less than a ProV1 which will help mid-high handicappers hit it straighter.

I play the ProV1x now that I've learned how to hit it straight pretty consistently. : )

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

I found four different Bridgestones in my bag yesterday. B330 s, B330 RX, B330 RXS and e6. I went to the practice range and chipped and putted them for almost an hour. My main criteria is soft fett. I don't like chipping or putting a hard ball. Also, how it reacts (checks or not) around the green is important. I don't like a ball that checks too much. that's why I chip with a 9i or 8i mostly. Order of preference from best to least. B330 RXS, e6, B330 RX, B330 S. The B330 RXS consistently felt the best. I was surprised how well the e6 felt. I expected a much harder feel. It was hard to distinguish the feel between the e6 and the B330 RX. Any of those 3 I would play with. The B330 S felt like a stone. After a few chips and putts, I replaced it with a river rock. The river rock didn't roll as well, but it felt softer. :-D I'm going to get a sleeve of e6's from a friend of mine. He loves them. I'll give them a try on the course. Tonight, if I have time, I will compare the Titleist Pro V1, Pro V1x, NXT Tour, NXT Tour S and Velocity. For the Pro V1x, I have some label just Pro V1x and some labeled Pro V1x 332. I also have some Pro V1 and Pro V1 392. I expect the Pro V1's to feel the same regardless of dimple count. Same for Pro V1x. They probably would perform differently. New Pro V1s have 352 dimples and new Pro V1x have 328 dimples. I assume the ones with the dimple count are some older models. I'm not expecting good results for the ProV1x or Velocity. I'm going for soft feel mainly.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Note: This thread is 3350 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!