IGNORED

Distance and swing speed

Sabih Khan
Note: This thread is 3546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

thats very very long for your stature and if that is you in the avatar, you look very young also, so youre doing great I would say.  You may want to post your swing and let some of the online guys give you some pointers.

Lean your tee forward about 1", or as much as you can without the ball falling off. This will certainly give you more distance.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am an 8 handicapper, i want to hit my ball farther, i average about 270 yards with my driver, what do i do? ( i weigh 55KG and am 5 feet 8 inches tall)

Welcome to the site.

I agree 5' 8" that is impressive distance. Being an 8 handicap you make good contact with your driver. The best possible advice would to post a video of your swing here, http://thesandtrap.com/f/4180/member-swings, by creating your own "My Swing" thread. Not sure there are many tips that can be given with out seeing if you are maybe doing something in your swing that is causing you to loose distance.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I just want some tips in general... Like how does Bubba Watson drive it long how did Rory drive it 424 yards?

Bubba hit that drive on the Par 5 number 16 at Firestone. That hole has a BIG downslope that can cause the ball to go a very long way if it lands right. So Bubba was long enough off the tee to get the lucky bounce and a TON of roll.

Bubba is also 6'4" tall.

Rory hits it a long way because he has very fast hips. He also works out a lot as well.

Basically its their swing, not something special they do. Some people have that crazy distance power, and some don't.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I see, I'm a thirteen year old by the way and it really depends on how well I'm playing I mean I out drive pretty much everyone in my category, I prefer to hit my 3-wood instead a lot of times. If I'm really shooting low breaking 80 I'm driving around 270 but if I'm shooting low to mid 80's I'm driving between 230 and 250 because when I drive it long I basically have to hit a wedge into the green usually it's a short sand wedge shot

Also don't forget that both Rory and Bubba are absolute freaks. Not many people have the ability to swing a club at 120+ mph.  I wouldn't compared your distance with them unless you want to feel like a short hitter!

Henry

Im same size as you but I get about 110 mph speed at this moment in time The way you can try to get more distance is to take a trackman session and see what your numbers are for your golf shots. In your case youre already getting good eff7cient distance out of your drives. Maybe a custom fit driver could give you some extra yardage, but likely not very much. The other important thing that is verified through the trackmqn session is your launch angle of the ball. You would do well to hit your driver at optimal launch angle for your own clubhead speed. I think for me, something like 265 carry would be just a perfectly bombed drive for 110 mph clubheqd speed. That kind of drive would allow you to hit 300 yard drives in summer conditions on a golf course. If you can get to 270 total distance with regularity then thats not bad either though...

I am an 8 handicapper, i want to hit my ball farther, i average about 270 yards with my driver, what do i do? ( i weigh 55KG and am 5 feet 8 inches tall)

well i imagine extra length will come with getting older.if your trying to improve your score then id suggest concentrating on the rest of your game and be happy with your distance you already get.the game is golf and not long drive contest.driving the ball an extra 20 yards isn't gonna help lower your handicap as much as figuring out rest of your game.

Note: This thread is 3546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!