IGNORED

Fun unexpected mail from Titleist (new Pro V1 Test Balls, NXT, etc.)

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3441 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ive just checked with the ProV1's I have at home and the dimple pattern looks the same. Maybe you got the blind NXT Tours sent to you aye? ;) Regards Mailman

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe you received the V1s. I am pretty sure I received the V1x's. By your picture, they looked like NXT Tour S balls.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Maybe you received the V1s. I am pretty sure I received the V1x's. By your picture, they looked like NXT Tour S balls.

I got the V1s.  They looked and played almost identical to the current ones I am using.  Except for that one I lost in the hazard at The Oaks!  Clearly that was a defective ball! :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Except for that one I lost in the hazard at The Oaks!  Clearly that was a defective ball! :-P

I hope you submitted that in your feedback ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I got the V1s.  They looked and played almost identical to the current ones I am using.  Except for that one I lost in the hazard at The Oaks!  Clearly that was a defective ball! :-P

I will agree to that if you agree all mine were obviously loaded with perpetual motion on the greens.

I will agree to that if you agree all mine were obviously loaded with perpetual motion on the greens.

That must be Titleist's new innovation: A perpetual motion machine designed so that you can be serious when you say that your approach shot just rolled out forever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I got the V1s.  They looked and played almost identical to the current ones I am using.  Except for that one I lost in the hazard at The Oaks!  Clearly that was a defective ball!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

That must be Titleist's new innovation: A perpetual motion machine designed so that you can be serious when you say that your approach shot just rolled out forever.

To quote @Valleygolfer , "It's like putting on linoleum!!"  It must have been the ball!

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Different sized dimples remind me of the prov1x.

I looked at the balls closer and they all have varying dimple sizes.

So I finally got out to test the balls and the results were interesting. From 50 yards the ball would check and then roll out nicely. The new Pro v1 I had pitched and rolled out further. From 70 with my 56 degree vokey the ball would check AND THEN spin back between 1 to 3 feet from the pitch mark. My Pro V1 checked but did not spin backwards. From 100 yards my 52 degree wedge checked and spun backwards while the pro v1 rolled out. I also got the driver out twice (I only played a few holes today) and the second drive was an absolute monster! In fact I thought I had lost it but only because I was looking in the wrong spot by 50 yards! Even with a slight tail wind the measured distance on my GPS was 289 yards! The only reason I found it was because I walked on down the fairwauy so I could take a few shots at the green from 70 yards and there it was in the first cut! The test ball certainly felt like it was flying much further than the "production" model and the short game performance was just amazing! Regards Mailman

Mailman

So all things being equal...this is the results from todays little play at lunch time :)

Regards

Mailman

Cool little setup. How did you get the course to yourself?

Just good luck. I had initially gone down to hit a few buckets on the range but when I got there the ladies had all moved on (tuesdays is the ladies day and is usually quite busy). So I just took advantage of the lovely weather and empty course:) Regards Mailman

Mailman

That test ball had some noticeable zip to it in the video. Did it appear to still go as far on tee shots with the amount of spin it got on the wedge shots? In other words, did the extra spin carry over to the driver very much?

Pretzel, To answer your question, this ball seems to be travelling MUCH further than the current production model Pro v1 ball. Quite a few of the testers have commented on the extra distance they are getting with these balls. Not only am I getting distance off the tee but the ball seems to be flying very true and straight and isn't as affected by the wind as well, which is also being commented on by quite a few of the other testers too. I had five drives today with the test balls and hit 273, 301, 236, 265 and 220 yards. Each of those drives is probably around 10 yards further than I would expect to see with a current model Pro v1 but the difference I reckon is the performance of the ball in to the wind. The 236 and 220 yard drives were directly in to very stiff head winds. However it was the second shot on the final hole (the 220 yard drive hole) that really stood out for me as I had 186 yards in to the pin, I pulled out my 7 iron and had one of the cleanest connections Id had all day in to the green. When I got up to the ball I was amazed to see that it had spun back about 3 feet from the pitch mark! Ive NEVER spun a ball backwards off the fairway with an iron before! One final note about back spin. On the 236 yard drive the ball just hung up in the air for an eternity in the pretty damn stiff head wind but interestingly enough when I got up to it (centre of the fairway of course:) it had spun backwards from its pitch mark by about 6 or 7 inches. Id not seen that before off any of my drives (ok, most because I rarely hit the fairway but thats besides the point:). Tell you what, if I as a 22 handicapper can get back spin with wedges and irons and more importantly a ton of distance off the tee this ball, if it goes in to production, WILL put all other balls out of business! Without a word of a lie this ball is like a cross between a Bridgestone E6 and a Pro V1! To be honest with you these test balls are as close to magic golf balls I have EVER had! Regards Mailman

Mailman

It would appear that the test balls could be a Pro V1X.

http://www.titleist.com.au/teamtitleist/au/b/weblog/archive/2014/11/10/bubba-watsons-victory-at-the-hsbc-champions-leads-4-win-week-for-titleist-golf-ball-players.aspx

'For Titleist Pro V1x Loyalist Bubba Watson it was a weekend that featured a few “firsts” in addition to claiming his seventh career PGA Tour title. It was his first event and first win of the new season, his first win outside of the United States, his first WGC title, and he became the first player to win with the new Titleist Pro V1x prototype golf ball on the worldwide professional tours. It was also his first time playing the new golf ball in competition.'

Rob - London, England

:nike: VRS Covert Tour 2.0 Driver

:nike: VRS Covert Tour 2.0 3 Hybrid

:nike: VRS Forged Irons

:titleist: Pro V1

I went to the London Golf Show today and got talking to the Titleist guys on their ball stand. We spoke about testing golf balls and they mentioned that the red numbered test balls were the Pro v1x prototype and the black numbered test balls were the Pro v1 prototype. Regards Mailman

Mailman

Note: This thread is 3441 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!