IGNORED

New golf bag

Note: This thread is 3483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got a new golf bag for Christmas this past year. It's what I asked Santa for and my wife overheard. I thought I'd love it. It sucks. I can not find a setup for my clubs that I like. I used to have a Bennington Quiet Organizer. I loved that. I still have it in the garage, but it's pretty bad. I think I'm going to tell my wife someone stole it. They left the clubs and balls. Just stole the bag. :-)

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

It's a typical 14 slot bag, so not sure where you're having difficulties.  Most people put their driver and 3W in top row, hybrids/irons in next rows and wedges in bottom row then putter.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very similar to my lay out, in an exactly the same kinda way, took a while to get used to having putter at top of bag instead of bottom, and my driver being directly underneath the putter with hybrids/woods either side of driver, But it's a reverse cart bag and designed for easy access to clubs and pockets when strapped to cart! I use push cart so prob not ideal but I'm used to the lay out now!

Gaz Lee

The problem I have is when I use it with a push cart, all the irons are on top of each other. I guess that's normal. I've tried multiple setups and don't really like any. Right now I have the lofted iron in the front with the putter and progress toward the rear. I think I got used to the Bennington.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

The problem I have is when I use it with a push cart, all the irons are on top of each other. I guess that's normal. I've tried multiple setups and don't really like any. Right now I have the lofted iron in the front with the putter and progress toward the rear.

I think I got used to the Bennington.

If you use a push cart often, that makes sense.  Bennington looks like a much better design for pushcarts.

Joe Paradiso

Maybe I'll have a bag for push carts and one for electric carts. I don't want my wife to feel bad about the Christmas gift.

I have the Sun Mountain Sync bag and love it. I do have to prepare to use it on a buggy or Golf cart by switching around my clubs to make use of the forward facing pockets.  It is designed to be used on the Sun Mountain push cart.  Your bag looks like it is best suited for a buggy.  Have you tried setting up with your clubs reversed on your push cart?

Driver G with Tour 65 shaft 10.5 neutral setting by :ping:
3W G30, #3 and #4 Hybrid, Irons 5 to GW G25 by :ping:
54 & 58 Glide Wedges and putter Cadence TR Anser 2  Traditional also by :ping:
Ball TriSpeed Tour by :srixon: Shoes M Project Wide by :footjoy:
Bag and Push cart by :sunmountain:

I'll try reversing the clubs. I think the short irons may be hard to get out, but you never know.

I'm left-handed (but play RH golf) and my brain works differently than most.  You'd look at my club layout in my bag (same config as your new bag) and probably say WTF?

That said, I've found a 'snake' pattern started from top left puts the clubs in decent order according to usage.  Club lineup in bag looks like this:

L  >>>>  R

Driver, 3-wood, 5 wood

R >>>> L

4h, 5h, 6i, 7i

L >>>> R

8, 9, PW, AW

R >>>> L

54*W, Putter, 58* W

Granted, a new bag means taking some time to figure out where the clubs should go and how they fit in the bag.  If you look at mine, again, the clubs on the left side of the bag are most used in my game.  Maybe try setting yours up with that in mind and it'll help get them into an order that makes sense.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Dave, your driver and woods toward the back of the bag? There was a 180 yard par 3 I played today. I thought I grabbed my 5 iron, but grabbed the 7 iron because the 5 and 7 were in different rows but adjacent. Hit it great and couldn't believe it was 30 yards short of the pin until I looked at the bottom of the club.

Interesting thread. I put my clubs in the bag. Generally in the same place, but I don't worry about it too much. They're always there in the bag when I need one, and they have numbers on them so I can tell them apart. Cool bag though.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I'm left-handed (but play RH golf) and my brain works differently than most.  You'd look at my club layout in my bag (same config as your new bag) and probably say WTF?

That said, I've found a 'snake' pattern started from top left puts the clubs in decent order according to usage.  Club lineup in bag looks like this:

L  >>>>  R

Driver, 3-wood, 5 wood

R >>>> L

4h, 5h, 6i, 7i

L >>>> R

8, 9, PW, AW

R >>>> L

54*W, Putter, 58* W

Granted, a new bag means taking some time to figure out where the clubs should go and how they fit in the bag.  If you look at mine, again, the clubs on the left side of the bag are most used in my game.  Maybe try setting yours up with that in mind and it'll help get them into an order that makes sense.

dave

Makes sense to me,  and I'm a right hander.  Thanks

Note: This thread is 3483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!