IGNORED

2014 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3494 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Euros just have too much strength. In the past, I could see a comeback possible. Even in 2010 when we almost pulled it off, the talent was pretty even. But this Euro team is just stacked from top to bottom. I personally feel like you have to go back to the '77 American team when they had Nicklaus, Watson, Wadkins, Irwin, Floyd, Green and Stockton when there was a Ryder Cup team this strong.

I don't agree. Cheer like crazy, be happy, all fine. Silencing the croud like that, blah. Never saw Poulter do something like that. On the contrary, at 18 at Medinah last day he showed sportmanship when his opponent had to hit but people made to much noice, asking for respect.

Poulter was doing the dagger to the heart after chipping in yesterday. It's fine.

Poulter was doing the dagger to the heart after chipping in yesterday. It's fine.

Wait what? 'Boxing' on your Euro sign at your shirt is dagger to the heart? Ah whatever, let's enojoy the golf. Still don't like Reed anyway ;)

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Why are they so much better at this than the US? Is there any real reason?

They have 4 guys in the top 6 in the world and 6 in the top 18. That's not including guys like Westwood and Dubuisson who are better than some of our top players. They're just a better team. Also, we don't have the dominant player like Europe has. That hurts on days like today where you need dominance to step up.

Wait what? 'Boxing' on your Euro sign at your shirt is dagger to the heart? Ah whatever, let's enojoy the golf. Still don't like Reed anyway ;)

There's the real reason.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

There's the real reason.

Lol, since today. Don't watch much PGA so had pretty much no opinion at all about him, quite a new player gor me.

~Jorrit

Bubba and Simpson have been major disappointments. Would have rather seen Mickelson/Kuchar yesterday morning instead of Watson/Kuchar.

Didn't bubba / kutcher play 7 or 8 under? They just ran into an absolute buzz saw in rose/stenson. That match was really really good.

If my math is right, 6 US leads, 2 Euro, 4 AS. That makes 14-14, Euro win by razor's edge. Anything can happen but it sure doesn't feel like a US rally. Why am I pessimistic?

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Spieth and Mahan need to find a second wind from deep inside. Also: KOOCH!

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

They can't afford to lose that Spieth match. That would be a colossal defeat. You can stick a fork in this team if Jordan can't rally. Leave it to G-Mac and Rose...two of the biggest thorns in our side....to stick it to the Americans in the last 30 minutes.

Note: This thread is 3494 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!