IGNORED

My Progress w/Overspeed Training Using SuperSpeedGolf

Note: This thread is 1222 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just got mine today.  I will bring them to the gym tomorrow and start off.  I have been practicing a bit with a driver choked up to get the feel of it.  It will be a decent cardio workout as well like plyometrics.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just got mine today.  I will bring them to the gym tomorrow and start off.  I have been practicing a bit with a driver choked up to get the feel of it.  It will be a decent cardio workout as well like plyometrics.

My shoulder aches just thinking about it. Have fun tomorrow. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Recorded Session #7

Regular Right Handed Swing

Green: 131mph and 131 mph (135 is all time max)

Blue: 124mph and 121mph (130 is all time max)

Red: 122mph and 121mph (124 is all time max)

Step Swing Right Handed:

Green: 137mph and 134mph (140 is all time max)

Blue: 130mph and 129mph (131 is all time max)

Red: 129mph and 124mph (131 is all time max)

It appears the gains have slowed/stopped, this session was definitely better than the last one though...

Recorded Session #7

Green: 131mph and 131 mph (135 is all time max)

Blue: 124mph and 121mph (130 is all time max)

Red: 122mph and 121mph (124 is all time max)

Step Swing Right Handed:

Green: 137mph and 134mph (140 is all time max)

Blue: 130mph and 129mph (131 is all time max)

Red: 129mph and 124mph (131 is all time max)

It appears the gains have slowed/stopped, this session was definitely better than the last one though...

I will be posting my fastest 2 reps from the sets of 5 (excluding lefty sets and sets from my knees)

Recorded Session #1

Regular Right Handed Swing:

Green: 132mph and 128mph

Blue: 124mph and 119mph

Red: 114mph and 113mph

Step Swing Right Handed:

Green: 133mph and 132mph

Blue: 122mph and 121mph

Red: 121mph and 117mph

So the green club is 20% lighter than a regular driver, the blue club is 10% lighter than a regular driver, and the red club is 5% heavier than a regular driver.

Seems like you've tightened up the range from your first session? Do you expect your average drive to go up just because you are getting more consistent in your swing speed? Are you also hoping to raise the maximum SS up from 124?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I did my first session today.  It felt pretty good. The opposite side was obviously a bit harder. I don't have a radar at the moment so I'm not sure of my baseline.

Scott

My Swing Thread

@bjfox10 How was the lighting when you did the swings? As I think this may play a role in the measurements. Also I don't put much weight into the actual numbers as it's the feedback that's important. For example let's say first swing is measured at 55mph, the next swing measures 57mph, (and I actually swung faster) the next swing measures 50mph (and I actually swung slower)... I could use it to improve.

I am doing the training in my basement so the lighting is not great.However, I do have a halogen light that I use to record swings with my phone. My next training is on Friday so I'll do some experimenting with it on and off. And you are right about the feedback it is giving. The numbers do not seem to vary much so while they may not be perfect I believe I can still track progress. For example, when I focus on the work that I have done with @golfevolution which is getting my arms down faster my numbers go up.

I tried swings tonight with the halogen light on and off. I did not pick up any significant difference. In fact in the ten swings that I measured (5 with normal light 5 with the halogen) my fastest swing was with the normal light. The good news is that I have seen a small amount of progress in each session.

Brandon Fox

Rochester, NY

No soreness or ill effects for me the morning after.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Seems like you've tightened up the range from your first session? Do you expect your average drive to go up just because you are getting more consistent in your swing speed? Are you also hoping to raise the maximum SS up from 124?

I would like my average actual driver swing speed up to 113mph (tour average) and average ball speed up above 160mph. I have been working out more, and now doing this Overspeed training in hopes that come may when golf season starts in Chicago I will be close to those numbers.

I've been following your progress and postings and thanks for sharing your progress.

I currently workout three times a week.  I have a cardio routine for 30 minutes and then a full 30 minute stretching routine (lower body, lower back, hip, abdomen, upper body, arms).  Then the medicine ball to work the shoulders, hip and core for about 10 minutes.  Finally, resistance tubes for 15 minutes to work my hips and leverage off on trail leg / foot along with compression exercise on down swing.

I am considering SSL training sticks as well a dopler radar unit to specifically work on increasing swing speed and would probably tweak the regimen above and not have my workouts become an full morning event.

Question: I believe you are using the standard Level 1 Training Protocol ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwS_Je4Tg6g

Note: I reviewed the several additional protocols; Balance, Core Stability, Power, Mobilization and the Dynamic warmup.

Do you feel that by adhering just to the Standard Level 1 Protocol and using the Dynamic warmup prior to STL 1 P and range practice or a round of golf sufficient enough to achieve satisfactory results?

I would like to pose this question to anyone else who is also utilizing the SuperSpeed Golf program.

This is really interesting - will look forward to seeing what results you get on the course.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

I would like my average actual driver swing speed up to 113mph (tour average) and average ball speed up above 160mph. I have been working out more, and now doing this Overspeed training in hopes that come may when golf season starts in Chicago I will be close to those numbers.

I look forward to more posts on your progress. :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I've been following your progress and postings and thanks for sharing your progress.

I currently workout three times a week.  I have a cardio routine for 30 minutes and then a full 30 minute stretching routine (lower body, lower back, hip, abdomen, upper body, arms).  Then the medicine ball to work the shoulders, hip and core for about 10 minutes.  Finally, resistance tubes for 15 minutes to work my hips and leverage off on trail leg / foot along with compression exercise on down swing.

I am considering SSL training sticks as well a dopler radar unit to specifically work on increasing swing speed and would probably tweak the regimen above and not have my workouts become an full morning event.

Question: I believe you are using the standard Level 1 Training Protocol; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwS_Je4Tg6g

Note: I reviewed the several additional protocols; Balance, Core Stability, Power, Mobilization and the Dynamic warmup.

Do you feel that by adhering just to the Standard Level 1 Protocol and using the Dynamic warmup prior to STL 1 P and range practice or a round of golf sufficient enough to achieve satisfactory results?

I would like to pose this question to anyone else who is also utilizing the SuperSpeed Golf program.

After my first session I jumped right into the Balance, Core Stability, and Power programs. Right now I am doing the program 3 times a week on Sunday (Core Stability), Wednesday(Balance) and Friday (Power). I knew that if I did just the Level 1 Training Protocol I would get bored quickly. To be honest the additional exercises in the 3 protocols are not that difficult but the change each day keeps things interesting. Each exercise calls for just 5 reps the key is to put everything you have in those 5 reps.

I look forward to more posts on your progress.

I am recording my progress a little differently than @cedrictheo is...I have my initial speeds written down and then I keep track of my personal records. This includes my driver which I swing 5 times after each workout. But to be honest the results I'm more interested to see is how my club head speed has changed or not the next time I am on Flightscope or Trackman.

My first day with the program my top speed with the driver was 93 mph. As I initially stated I believe that speed to be a little bit low because each time I've been on Trackman or Flight scope my speed has averaged between 100 and 102. After I did a little digging I found that the radar company claims that if you are not actually hitting a ball your speed suffer by about 10%. They claim this is due to not having anything to release at. This would then make sense my numbers would be right in line with where they have been the last couple of years. Friday night i hit 102 with driver. Do I really believe that I have picked up 9 mph already...no. I believe that I am timing the release without a ball a bit better and hoping I picked up a little speed.

Brandon Fox

Rochester, NY

Final Session before Orlando (I leave today!)

Recorded Session #8

Green: 133mph and 130 mph (135 is all time max)

Blue: 126mph and 122mph (130 is all time max)

Red: 122mph and 122mph (124 is all time max)

Step Swing Right Handed:

Green: 135mph and 134mph (140 is all time max)

Blue: 126mph and 126mph (131 is all time max)

Red: 123mph and 122mph (131 is all time max)

[COLOR=181818]Final Session before Orlando (I leave today!)[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Recorded Session #8[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Regular Right Handed Swing[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Green: 133mph and 130 mph (135 is all time max)[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Blue: 126mph and 122mph (130 is all time max)[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Red: 122mph and 122mph (124 is all time max)[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Step Swing Right Handed: [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Green: 135mph and 134mph (140 is all time max)[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Blue: 126mph and 126mph (131 is all time max)[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Red: 123mph and 122mph (131 is all time max)[/COLOR]

Does the fact that your regular swing gets closer to matching your step swing mean you are getting full weight shift on your normal swing?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Question: I believe you are using the standard Level 1 Training Protocol; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwS_Je4Tg6g

I have no idea which mix of protocols will help most. The other protocols seem like they would be beneficial. I haven't decided what to do when I come back from my trip but will probably start with a few weeks of the Power Protocol.

I will try to do the following warm up before every round (but it will depend on how early we get to the course which isn't in my control):

W arm-Up Protocol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIPa8-SAt_s

Does the fact that your regular swing gets closer to matching your step swing mean you are getting full weight shift on your normal swing?

That could very well be the case. Had an intense workout yesterday so it could also be that muscle fatigue set in by the end of the protocol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne110

After my first session I jumped right into the Balance, Core Stability, and Power programs. Right now I am doing the program 3 times a week on Sunday (Core Stability), Wednesday(Balance) and Friday (Power). I knew that if I did just the Level 1 Training Protocol I would get bored quickly. To be honest the additional exercises in the 3 protocols are not that difficult but the change each day keeps things interesting. Each exercise calls for just 5 reps the key is to put everything you have in those 5 reps.

I do most of the core exercises already.  So I am incorporating Protocol 1 into my normal routine.  It's good to add new things to the workouts.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I'm glad you are having success using the Superspeed golf training system.  I am one of the owners and a Long Drive Professional and previous touring professional.  We have seen huge gains from this system after a lot of R & D with specific protocols.  Thanks for posting and looking forward to seeing your results as you continue your training.  Awesome thread.  keep up the good work!

Unleash your speed,

Eddie Fernandes

@fasteddie400

Note: This thread is 1222 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!