IGNORED

My Progress w/Overspeed Training Using SuperSpeedGolf

Note: This thread is 1186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There has been some discussion on overspeed training on this forum lately and since I just received the SuperSpeed Golf Training System for Christmas I thought it would be cool to chart my progress on the forum.

Here's some basic info on overspeed training from the SuperSpeedGolf website.

Overspeed Training Summary

Tools I'll be using:

SuperSpeed Golf Training Clubs

Swing Speed Radar

I will start by doing the following protocol every other day for 3 weeks:

SuperSpeed Level 1 Protocol

Baseline Numbers:

GameGolf Typical Drive: 263

Swing Speed (Last time I was in Erie): 100-105

I did one SuperSpeed training session yesterday (Christmas Eve) but unfortunately I did not record my numbers. Going forward I will post numbers after each training session. Also I will be in Florida to play golf in 3 weeks so I'll analyze my driver distance using GameGolf when I'm out there.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great, @cedrictheo ! I was wondering how effective the SuperSpeed system was, so I look forward to your progress.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I will be posting my fastest 2 reps from the sets of 5 (excluding lefty sets and sets from my knees)

Recorded Session #1

Regular Right Handed Swing:

Green: 132mph and 128mph

Blue: 124mph and 119mph

Red: 114mph and 113mph

Step Swing Right Handed:

Green: 133mph and 132mph

Blue: 122mph and 121mph

Red: 121mph and 117mph

So the green club is 20% lighter than a regular driver, the blue club is 10% lighter than a regular driver, and the red club is 5% heavier than a regular driver.

Recorded Session #2

Regular Right Handed Swing

Green: 128mph and 127mph (-4 from all time max)

Blue: 120mph and 117mph (-4 from all time max)

Red: 121mph and 120mph (+7 from all time max)

Step Swing Right Handed:

Green: 135mph and 133mph (+2 from all time max)

Blue: 130mph and 127mph (+8 from all time max)

Red: 130mph and 118mph (+9 from all time max)

I'm really happy to see the red numbers going up, as that is the club that is closest in weight to a regular driver (5% heavier).

This reminds me of the orange whip. It is also a bit like the Somax hip trainer.

Interested to see how this progresses too, in 2015 I simply want to be bombing it 300 yards, if I don't do it at my age I never will lol.

Recorded Session #3

Green: 132mph and 129mph (Tied all time max)

Blue: 122mph and 122mph (-2 from all time max)

Red: 123mph and 118mph (+2 from all time max)

Step Swing Right Handed

Green: 134mph and 133mph (-1 from all time max)

Blue: 128mph and 126mph (-2 from all time max)

Red: 122mph and 122mph (-8 from all time max)

Max numbers were down but the the differential between maxes and the other reps are getting closer so my average between the 5 swings would be higher.

Hmm... So my wife's driver is lighter than mine, then my driver, then my old driver which is a bit heavier.  Then I get that speed radar.  Seems I could do this with those.

Any drawback that you can think of to using actual clubs?

Recorded Session #3

Green: 132mph and 129mph (Tied all time max)

Blue: 122mph and 122mph (-2 from all time max)

Red: 123mph and 118mph (+2 from all time max)

Step Swing Right Handed

Green: 134mph and 133mph (-1 from all time max)

Blue: 128mph and 126mph (-2 from all time max)

Red: 122mph and 122mph (-8 from all time max)

Max numbers were down but the the differential between maxes and the other reps are getting closer so my average between the 5 swings would be higher.

@cedrictheo ,

I would be curious to see what your regular driver swing speed changes are as well as the training speeds with the SuperSpeedGolf clubs.  Can you track those change as well?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Hmm... So my wife's driver is lighter than mine, then my driver, then my old driver which is a bit heavier.  Then I get that speed radar.  Seems I could do this with those.

Any drawback that you can think of to using actual clubs?

@No Mulligans I think that could work. You are looking for roughly a 10% increase/decrease in weight lighter and heavier. Hard to say without knowing the exact weights. However I would guess most people could improve thier swing speed by measuring with the radar and doing sets trying to increase it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

@cedrictheo ,

I would be curious to see what your regular driver swing speed changes are as well as the training speeds with the SuperSpeedGolf clubs.  Can you track those change as well?

@boogielicious I am following the superspeedgolf protocol which does not mention swinging a regular driver. My plan is to assess driver distance using GameGolf when I'm in Orlando 2 weeks from now to see how the training converts into distance on the course. I dont have access to a flightscope or trackman now but if you think it would be beneficial I could take a few swings at the end of my training session with my regular driver and no ball and post the numbers (I'd venture to guess they will be well over my on course speed meaning they will be just as indistinguishable to you as the speeds with the training clubs).

@No Mulligans I think that could work. You are looking for roughly a 10% increase/decrease in weight lighter and heavier. Hard to say without knowing the exact weights. However I would guess most people could improve thier swing speed by measuring with the radar and doing sets trying to increase it.

@cedrictheo , The SuperSpeedGolf sticks are also probably better for the switch over to swinging left handed.  My wife is not that excited about me using her new Callaway driver to work out with.

Is this SuperSpeed Golf protocol you are doing, is it every day?  Or, like other exercise routines, are there off/recovery days?

Note: This thread is 1186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!