IGNORED

What was your most frustrating golf experience?

WedgeHead
Note: This thread is 3386 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I 5 putted for a double bogey a couple of years ago. Putting for eagle and walking off with a double bogey.

That can ruin a round. Brings it to a screeching halt. It's the kind of thing that you can't shake.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My most frustrating golfing experience did not happen on the course but at the driving range.  It was over a year since I was in a motorcycle vs. a pickup truck head on crash.  I finally got up the nerve to take a 40 minute drive to the range to give things a go.  I ordered a large bucket of balls and setup shop with a 7 iron in hand and the rest waiting in the bag for their turn.  Things turned pretty sour after the first swing of the club.  The extreme pain in my left shoulder and hip was enough to make me want scream bloody murder.  I only took 5 swings of that with each one becoming less and less.  I was so pissed off that I used up half the bucket swinging with my right hand only.  I told someone that they could have the rest and packed up and left.  I carried on quite a bitching and swearing session all the way home.  Three years after that little ordeal I was at it again with very limited motion and a total left hip replacement to boot.  Every time I swing I'm reminded of idiots on the road for some reason or another.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

I 5 putted for a double bogey a couple of years ago. Putting for eagle and walking off with a double bogey.

Damn, and I thought Maltese Falcons (when you think you're going to get a birdie, and you get a bogey instead) were frustrating. I can't even imagine. My condolences.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I got the shanks for about a month in highschool. Nothing as frustrating as constant hosel rockets. Luckily this golf STD (sports transmitted disease) went away on its own.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

My most frustrating golfing experience did not happen on the course but at the driving range.  It was over a year since I was in a motorcycle vs. a pickup truck head on crash.  I finally got up the nerve to take a 40 minute drive to the range to give things a go.  I ordered a large bucket of balls and setup shop with a 7 iron in hand and the rest waiting in the bag for their turn.  Things turned pretty sour after the first swing of the club.  The extreme pain in my left shoulder and hip was enough to make me want scream bloody murder.  I only took 5 swings of that with each one becoming less and less.  I was so pissed off that I used up half the bucket swinging with my right hand only.  I told someone that they could have the rest and packed up and left.  I carried on quite a bitching and swearing session all the way home.  Three years after that little ordeal I was at it again with very limited motion and a total left hip replacement to boot.  Every time I swing I'm reminded of idiots on the road for some reason or another.

Been there done that. I was T-boned by a drunk driver, which pretty much put me out of action for 3 years. Most of my left side joints are held together with various plates, screws, and pins. I did not attempt to swing a club until most of my rehab was over, which took almost two years. The first time I did swing a club with importance, I was very hesitant, while wondering what might happen. Although there was some discomfort, pain wasn't an issue. It was the fear that I might tear something loose. That fear was the frustrating part. Up til then, nothing ever scared me. It took several weeks to work through that fear, and convince myself I could still swing a golf club well enough to card a decent score. Been back playing for almost a year now, with no real discomfort to speak of.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Been there done that. I was T-boned by a drunk driver, which pretty much put me out of action for 3 years. Most of my left side joints are held together with various plates, screws, and pins. I did not attempt to swing a club until most of my rehab was over, which took almost two years. The first time I did swing a club with importance, I was very hesitant, while wondering what might happen. Although there was some discomfort, pain wasn't an issue. It was the fear that I might tear something loose. That fear was the frustrating part. Up til then, nothing ever scared me. It took several weeks to work through that fear, and convince myself I could still swing a golf club well enough to card a decent score. Been back playing for almost a year now, with no real discomfort to speak of.

Glad you got it going again.  Amazing what screwballs that are out there and they get a free ride.  Better to be the hitter from my experiences.

Too add insult to injury in my ordeal, some doufus rear ended me while I was stopped in traffic with my car three weeks later.  My already aching head got another dose of whiplash/concussion and my just paid off car was totaled.  Some of this shit will never go away.

Probably my most frustrating on course moment was walking off from the green towards my cart and for some odd reason I happened to look to my left.  I stepped back just in the nick of time as a really hot line drive was head high and whizzing past.  If I had kept walking I would have been down for the count.  I had 7 more holes to play and got the hell out of there.  I did not even want to go up on the fairway to talk it over with whoever pulled that stunt.  I did my bitching and complaining on the way home.  If it ever happens again, I'm taking a different approach.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Was having one of my best rounds ever on a challegnging course rate 73.7  slope139  shot 35 one under on the front and was even through 14, bogeyed 15 which no big deal but then took a quad on 16 bogey on 17 and double on 18 to finish at 80 just beyond pissed off at that moment.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Note: This thread is 3386 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!