IGNORED

How many balls do you keep in your bag and how many balls do you use a round?

Tgb02
Note: This thread is 3318 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@dfreuter415. What do you mean 'change out balls on my approach shot'?  Ah, maybe you lost the first ball into the canyon, and now must play another ball.  Or, ...?

When I am 180+ yards from clearing the water hazard, and, playing a ProV1 that is only two holes old, without apology, I will put down an older ball that is ready to be retired and hit the shot. I know that this is not exactly USGA sanctioned, but I'm just playing with friends and do not have to post a tournament score, so I am just looking after my retirement account. :whistle:

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No more than a dozen. I plan on carrying this year so may go for less. Like many of you i have a couple of sleeves of new and some random used balls.

Course i play at, in the event  i do lose one or two balls i can normally find a PRO V1 or similar in the rough. Always a good excuse to shout "I think my ball may have gone into these trees" despite it landing nowhere near them!

Haha I've done this, I lost a ball on a previous hole, and then hit it straight off the tee on the next and then pretended it went into the rough, found two balls so I ended the day ahead!

-Josh 

"Why set yourself up for Failure, when you can set yourself up to succeed" -GolfMaineiac26

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussUK

No more than a dozen. I plan on carrying this year so may go for less. Like many of you i have a couple of sleeves of new and some random used balls.

Course i play at, in the event  i do lose one or two balls i can normally find a PRO V1 or similar in the rough. Always a good excuse to shout "I think my ball may have gone into these trees" despite it landing nowhere near them!

Haha I've done this, I lost a ball on a previous hole, and then hit it straight off the tee on the next and then pretended it went into the rough, found two balls so I ended the day ahead!

I can't do that in the snake season.  But when I do, I sometimes find my ball(s) lost in a previous round.   I use a distinct ball mark that I can easily identify.   My immediate reaction on finding a long lost ball of mine is ..."!@#$!@#$  you cost me two strokes!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by joekelly

@dfreuter415. What do you mean 'change out balls on my approach shot'?  Ah, maybe you lost the first ball into the canyon, and now must play another ball.  Or, ...?

When I am 180+ yards from clearing the water hazard, and, playing a ProV1 that is only two holes old, without apology, I will put down an older ball that is ready to be retired and hit the shot. I know that this is not exactly USGA sanctioned, but I'm just playing with friends and do not have to post a tournament score, so I am just looking after my retirement account.

Chuckle.   My wife does this.   She can't seem to part with a new ball.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Some days, I hit a lot of balls OB, but others I walk away with half a dozen or so more balls. I have about a dozen in my bag at any give time, and have had 2 dozen sometimes, which I need to empty out. I need to start using me and my son's Golfsmith bucket of pro v balls and not pick up any more balls on the course.

Speaking of which, I just found a couple Nike "Ignite" with the same company logo on them, I suspect someone lost them during the course of the round. They fly really well. I got some decent drives from them today, and they spin pretty well near the greens. They are still in great condition. Probably should to a review of the ball. . . EDIT already have one Wow, they look expensive but seem to be budget conscious, I'll probably use them for more rounds. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'm surprised some of you guys never seem to lose a ball. I should say I'm impressed because I am. My home course has a reputation for being hard on golfers who are directionally challenged. Virtually every hole holds the potential for a lost ball. It's a fun course with a variety of interesting holes but you better be a straight hitter.

Ross (aka cubdog)

I'm surprised some of you guys never seem to lose a ball. I should say I'm impressed because I am. My home course has a reputation for being hard on golfers who are directionally challenged. Virtually every hole holds the potential for a lost ball. It's a fun course with a variety of interesting holes but you better be a straight hitter.

Some days, I hit a lot of balls OB, but others I walk away with half a dozen or so more balls. I have about a dozen in my bag at any give time, and have had 2 dozen sometimes, which I need to empty out. I need to start using me and my son's Golfsmith bucket of pro v balls and not pick up any more balls on the course.

Speaking of which, I just found a couple Nike "Ignite" with the same company logo on them, I suspect someone lost them during the course of the round. They fly really well. I got some decent drives from them today, and they spin pretty well near the greens. They are still in great condition. Probably should to a review of the ball. . .EDIT already have one Wow, they look expensive but seem to be budget conscious, I'll probably use them for more rounds. . .

Not me, that's for sure. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3318 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!