IGNORED

How many balls do you keep in your bag and how many balls do you use a round?

Tgb02
Note: This thread is 3310 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

During tournaments I usually keep about 3-6really good balls and maybe a sleeve of 1 dollar pinnacle balls hidden away. If I am just playing with my dad or friends on the weekend I usually have 6 good balls and upwards of 10 old nasty balls that I use on water holes. During tournaments I usually lose no more then one ball I think the most I have lost in 4 tournaments is 3 but just a weekend round with friends and all I use 3-15. I try shots that I know I can't do and all which hurts. 2 weekends ago I lost 14 balls in the 30 degree drizzling rain weather and it was just an overall rough day.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always carry more balls than I need.......at least a dozen.  Most are performance balls.    I also keep a few found balls and I use these when I'm our playing evening golf messing around.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

During tournaments I usually keep about 3-6really good balls and maybe a sleeve of 1 dollar pinnacle balls hidden away. If I am just playing with my dad or friends on the weekend I usually have 6 good balls and upwards of 10 old nasty balls that I use on water holes. During tournaments I usually lose no more then one ball I think the most I have lost in 4 tournaments is 3 but just a weekend round with friends and all I use 3-15. I try shots that I know I can't do and all which hurts. 2 weekends ago I lost 14 balls in the 30 degree drizzling rain weather and it was just an overall rough day.

14 Balls in one day? Jeez...were you trying to be Tin Cup or something? That's more than a rough day.

I usually start with a dozen or so balls good balls.  When it dwindles to 5 or 6 I know it's time to go get another dozen. I can usually make a dozen balls last about 20 rounds or so.  My usual rate seems 1 ball every 2-3 rounds if I'm playing a lot.  When I take a break from golf I expect to lose more because of my inconsistent swing.

14 Balls in one day? Jeez...were you trying to be Tin Cup or something? That's more than a rough day

Ya on one par 3 I lost 4, just kept hitting the same shot at the green and the wind was awful and carried my ball every time. I played really dumb and was not making good contact. I even putted a ball off the green into the water on one hole and I also lost like 2 balls because I wasn't going to go into soaking wet knee high grass to get a 1 dollar ball. I plan on just forgetting about that day completely though

I usually try to start casual rounds with 2 sleeves; maybe three sleeves or a dozen for a tournament round.

My usual course is not bad for losing balls; I frequently play 36 holes or more on the same ball. One course I play occasionally is what I call a "2 sleeve course", LOL-at least for me.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

If I don't have at least two dozen I am worried!

I don't loose to many myself, that's my story anyway.

But I play a lot with my oldest adult son and he does loose a few.

I normally pay for the round and provide the balls.  He has a wife and two

growing kids to think about.

I normally have three or four "nice" ones in the holder for myself.

A dozen, although I normally don't lose many, but every course is different and sometimes you have one of those rounds... better safe than sorry, also it's nice to have some to give away if others need.

A dozen new ones and another 1/2 dozen used but playable condition ones.   How many I go through depends on how well I'm playing, usually 3 in the summer but I've gone through 6-9 in the fall when there are leaves on the ground.

Joe Paradiso

I keep a dozen in the bag.   My home course has very few people who use the same ball for an entire round.  It has OB, water and dense trees on every hole.   I've done 16 holes on one ball, not 18.

Good day I use 2-3.   Bad day it can be 8-10.

—Adam

I usually make sure to have 9 or 10 balls in the bag, and on a good day, I'll use only one.  I don't swap out balls - I just use 'em until I lose 'em.  I probably average losing one or two per round, though.

My worst, that I can remember, was a day I lost about 9 balls.  Good thing about that, though, is its hard not to find SOMEBODYs ball when you're looking in the weeds for yours, so my net loss was not 9. :beer:

Usually have 8-10 balls in the bag and hopefully use one ball for the round. I start the round with a new ball and I only change if the ball gets really beat up or lost.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I carry a dozen new balls and 6-8 slightly scuffed but playable balls.  On my regular course I tend to lose a couple per round, which is easy to do because of its unforgiving layout - I have lost as many as 7.    The best I did last season was to lose 1 ball on my regular course a few times.

Usually 12, unless there is a requirement for fewer. It's been a long time since I played where there was limit, which was usually 6. When I buy a box of 12, after marking them up, I just dump the entire box into my bag. When I get down to two, or three, I dump another dozen in my bag. I probably carry more ball markers than balls. I also carry over 200 tees of various shapes, and sizes to go with those balls.

As for how many I use a round, it's usually 2 or less, 99% of the time. I don't lose that many balls. I still hit bad shots, but they are for the most part, not that bad where I lose the ball. After using a ball for a round, it goes into my shag bag which holds about 75+/- balls.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

2 and 1

It is a good thing Rory does not do that.

I usually carry about 6.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I usually have about a dozen good balls, and probably another 10 junkers that I picked up in my course wandering.

I typically lose 2-3 balls a round, but recently played for the 1st time in several months and lost 6. The course had lots of water.

Usually one sleeve of new balls and a half-dozen or so "retired" balls that are always rolling around the bottom of the bag. If I'm playing in a tournament, I'll carry another sleeve or two of new balls, just because.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3310 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!