IGNORED

2015 Arnold Palmer Invitational Discussion Thread

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 3332 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

can't believe the number of unorthodox putting styles out there - Horschel is crosshanded, Na is using pencil grip, Ishikawa appears to have some sort of odd looking longer lengthed putter causing him to stand a ways from the ball..

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/116240/] [/URL] Morgan Hoffman likes to put messages on his wedges. Worked today.....

I wonder what his favorite movie is...

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I wonder what his favorite movie is...

Pretty obviously not the documentary "How to use the apostrophe".

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Saunders going the wrong way ....too bad....thought this would have been his best chance as well as he's been playing the last two weeks and with his course knowledge and all.......not sure he's going to even make the cut

BTW, that Zach Blair looks like he's about 15 yrs old, doesn't he?

hey..these guys are professionals..why cant they play slow greens like the rest of us?. I dont see spikemarks, divots or pebbles there yet.

Oh I agree. It's kind of nice to watch them play greens that are not on perfect condition. I was just commenting that the greens don't look like they are up to tour standards.

Drive to Orlando is about 80 miles for me. Got a free ticket to the event - kind of weighing whether to go bright an early on Sunday for the final round......kind of a pain though with parking at Universal, being wanded, frisked, body cavity searched, bused to the venue, bused back to parking.....best seat is watching the HDTV and not driving the 160 miles roundtrip.......

http://pgatour.cbssports.com/live/

Fowler and Zach Johnson featured group.  Really cool to hear their conversations with caddies and between themselves - its almost as if they've been mic'd up for internet audience.

Daniel Berger: Albatrosses 6th today

You'll see it over and over today.....first ever at Bay Hill #6

Followed him for awhile on his Tuesday practice round.....kid looks like he's still a teenager......

He does! I don't think the dipping habit, so visible in these pictures, will do anything for his marketability, though. Duf might get away with it because his whole image and appeal is (let's face it) kind of slobby, but a fresh-faced 21-year-old kid like this can't pull it off. What do these guys do out there? Do they spit on the greens? Or maybe in the rough, that would be more genteel. Do their caddies carry spit cups for them? I'm surprised that the PGA Tour even allows this, frankly.

• Administrator

I'm either bored or feeling a bit lazy today… because I'm actually watching this tournament. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Helluva round (again) by Stenson!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Despite the rough 3-hole stretch from Rory, he's gotta be feeling confident with Augusta right around the corner. His game is very close to what it should be. Whether he wins this week, I don't think it matters to him as much as it does finding his form. This course is a lot different than Augusta. He might not sticking his irons as close as he should be this week, but when you play in Augusta in 3 weeks, it's not about sticking shots. It's going to be about driving it straight and beating up those par-5s, as well as making clutch pars. If Rory can destroy those Par-5s, he'll have a green jacket.

Note: This thread is 3332 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!