IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Zach Johnson rolls in an eagle. Guess he learned that laying up on par-5s doesn't always pay. #PhilIsSmarter

The late runs by Poulter, Zach, DJ- knocking Tiger outside the top 10. Not good to see him backing up as others overtake him.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe but, he did just get an Eagle.

True. Just look at that scorecard though lol its scary.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Maybe but, he did just get an Eagle.

Two. And a whole bunch of bogeys. On the par-3 12th, he made a 5. Then he made a 3 on the par-5 13th. The 2015 Masters has officially the most Eagles of any Masters in history.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I'm not a fan of dialing back the technology. Technology brings the game to the masses. I don't feel sorry for the multi-million dollar courses who get beat. Their job to make it tougher.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I'm not a fan of dialing back the technology. Technology brings the game to the masses. I don't feel sorry for the multi-million dollar courses who get beat. Their job to make it tougher.

I think the argument Jack has been pushing has been a limited ball for the pros with amateurs able to still use whatever. The point being it would save millions in changing courses to keep up with the ball.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

I think the argument Jack has been pushing has been a limited ball for the pros with amateurs able to still use whatever. The point being it would save millions in changing courses to keep up with the ball.

What exactly about the ball?

The distance or the spin or all that?

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Exactly. I'm all for increasing technology for us schleps. I don't think it would be bad for them to pull back for the pros a bit. I know the weather has been a big factor this week for Augusta not clenching its teeth, but so has improved technology. These guys are just getting better and technology with the ball specifically is helping them even more.

IMO, golf is virtually the only sport where I truly enjoy seeing the pros be humbled. Merion was one of my favorite majors ever to watch.

Exactly. I'm all for increasing technology for us schleps. I don't think it would be bad for them to pull back for the pros a bit. I know the weather has been a big factor this week for Augusta not clenching its teeth, but so has improved technology. These guys are just getting better and technology with the ball specifically is helping them even more.

IMO, golf is virtually the only sport where I truly enjoy seeing the pros be humbled. Merion was one of my favorite majors ever to watch.

:offtopic: , I am sure there is already a thread elsewhere about this subject. You guys are delving further away from the Masters as the topic. Thx.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

What exactly about the ball?

The distance or the spin or all that?

I think both. Even the lovable Brandel mentioned it on Thursday. The technology with the ball is so absurdly advanced that these guys can really put it wherever they want nowadays. The soft core ball to these levels should be for guys like us, not the pros.

, I am sure there is already a thread elsewhere about this subject. You guys are delving further away from the Masters as the topic. Thx.

Simmer bud.

Yikes Phil is gonna have a fun chip there.

Simmer bud.

Yikes Phil is gonna have a fun chip there.

I wasn't mad or upset, just seeing a whole discussion starting to brew that would not be anything regarding The Masters. ;-)

Uh Oh, first hick-up by Spieth.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

, I am sure there is already a thread elsewhere about this subject. You guys are delving further away from the Masters as the topic. Thx.

Sure thing - back on topic and that looks like a shot gone for Spieth again.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Is it just me or does it seem like the leaders dont have much of a following today?

I think having Rory and Tiger two groups ahead has hurt so far.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Uh oh. Tough bogey putt coming for Jordan

Edit: ok, maybe not that tough. Sank it. Still dropped a shot tho

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Note: This thread is 3307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!