IGNORED

Who finds Peter Jacobson funny?

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Peter Jacobson funny?

• No!
    • Yes!

Are you speaking of Peter JACOBSON, the actor? If so, I find him delightful, and think he has a good range of skills, but comedy is probably the weakest. If you're speaking of Peter Jacobsen, the golfer, I find him a little troubled. I'm sure he's still haunted about what happened at the Lufthansa German Open in 1985, buy that's food for another thread. Funny? He has some moments.

Ha, good one... You and Jacobson should take your acts on the road...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The problem for Jacobsen/Feherty/McCord is that professional golf is just not funny.  I mean can you think of one golfer ever that is a funny guy?  Maybe Lee Trevino.  But he was bitter/funny, not ha ha funny.  Professional golf is just too damn serious.

The "funniest" thing that we see all year is Bill Murray wearing a stupid hat or the caddy races at the 16th hole of the Waste Management Phoenix Open. Hillarious! Not exactly Richard Pryor.

The funniest stuff happens about 10 levels below professional golf.  My round has more humor in 9 holes than i see all year on the tour.

Occam's razor

well, I think Woody Austin was funny as hell! I loved watching his bizarre on course behavior! reminds me of some of my wacky stuff I have done. He seems funny too. Not a boring, robot like...Kutchner, Duffner and many others.

Jacobsen is a character.  One of the years that I marshaled the 17th hole during the International at Castle Pines, Peter missed the cut, but stayed for the weekend.  He spent Saturday and Sunday in one of the corporate boxes in back of the 17th green, getting a bit lubricated and talking to and harassing the players as they walked from the green to the 18th tee, and kidding around with the fans.  He was a one man floor show, and everyone seemed to get a kick out of it, including the players who were the targets of his ribbing.  I got the feeling that he just likes people and the whole Tour scene, regardless of whether or not he's playing or how well he's playing.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
The problem for Jacobsen/Feherty/McCord is that professional golf is just not funny.  I mean can you think of one golfer ever that is a funny guy?  Maybe Lee Trevino.  But he was bitter/funny, not ha ha funny.  Professional golf is just too damn serious.

The "funniest" thing that we see all year is Bill Murray wearing a stupid hat or the caddy races at the 16th hole of the Waste Management Phoenix Open.  Hillarious!  Not exactly Richard Pryor.

The funniest stuff happens about 10 levels below professional golf.  My round has more humor in 9 holes than i see all year on the tour.

some golfers are funny to look at  --- but golfers do tend to take themselves very seriously, even fans.

Note: This thread is 3287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!