IGNORED

2015 ANA Inspiration (Kraft, Dinah Shore)

MrDC
Note: This thread is 3308 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wait, are glutens good or bad for golf? Tiger withdrew when his glutens weren't present, and now Morgan Pressel deliberately omits them?

No comment on the questions. Re: Pressel She’s made some serious lifestyle changes, including getting married in 2013. I just mentioned that her new diet and new swing are apparently working well. I always thought of her as a class act, and it was good to see her on the leaderboard. She looks good in a skirt, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

What is there to dislike Stacey Lewis?

If I were to pick a specific instance, her getting her panties in a bunch about that 12 year old playing the US Open, rather than being happy for her, she just brought the whole celebration down. Based off her interviews and body language, I just know she'd be too intense for me to get along with.

It makes you wonder if she's even truly happy playing golf.

Well, I can think of other specific instances but not enough to hate her.   I just have other players I favor.   It's not like she is P Reed incarnate. :-D

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

If I were to pick a specific instance, her getting her panties in a bunch about that 12 year old playing the US Open, rather than being happy for her, she just brought the whole celebration down. Based off her interviews and body language, I just know she'd be too intense for me to get along with.

I didn't think poorly of her for that. She spoke honestly. She said that college was beneficial to her, and that if it were her daughter, she might not rush her into competition where she's probably going to miss the cut.

I see her point. At the end of the day, because of how Lucy seemed to handle it (which only her parents would really kind of know before-hand), I disagree that it was a bad thing overall for Lucy. I think to Lucy it was a good thing, and a great week. So at the end of the day I disagree with Stacy's assessment, but I don't fault her one bit let alone accuse her of "getting her panties in a bunch" because I disagree.

She was asked questions and answered them honestly. I'll almost never fault an athlete who dares to do that - answer questions honestly - for that. I might disagree with them, as I did there, but to fault them is to say you want robotic PR answers. I don't.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I didn't think poorly of her for that. She spoke honestly. She said that college was beneficial to her, and that if it were her daughter, she might not rush her into competition where she's probably going to miss the cut. I see her point. At the end of the day, because of how Lucy seemed to handle it (which only her parents would really kind of know before-hand), I disagree that it was a bad thing overall for Lucy. I think to Lucy it was a good thing, and a great week. So at the end of the day I disagree with Stacy's assessment, but I don't fault her one bit let alone accuse her of "getting her panties in a bunch" because I disagree. She was asked questions and answered them honestly. I'll almost never fault an athlete who dares to do that - answer questions honestly - for that. I might disagree with them, as I did there, but to fault them is to say you want robotic PR answers. I don't.

I dont want robotic answers at all. But in the end, to me, she came off extremely negative. No congrats for making that far, just, I wouldn't let my daughter do that. It was the very definition of kill joy and party pooping. Not quite the level, but almost on the level of Vijay wanting Annika to miss the cut on the PGA Tour. Im all for candid, but christ, SOME things can be sugat coated and some things deserve at least a tiny bit of recognition.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

• Administrator

I dont want robotic answers at all. But in the end, to me, she came off extremely negative. No congrats for making that far, just, I wouldn't let my daughter do that. It was the very definition of kill joy and party pooping. Not quite the level, but almost on the level of Vijay wanting Annika to miss the cut on the PGA Tour. Im all for candid, but christ, SOME things can be sugat coated and some things deserve at least a tiny bit of recognition.

I suspect you're remembering it a bit less accurately than it happened. I'm pretty sure she called the feat impressive or something, and gave credit, but then just went on to say the stuff about her daughter, how valuable she found the college experience, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

"I suspect you're remembering it a bit less accurately than it happened." Definitely possible. All I can distinctly remember is it rubbing me the wrong way. (My phone is refusing to quote correctly)

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I suspect you're remembering it a bit less accurately than it happened. I'm pretty sure she called the feat impressive or something, and gave credit, but then just went on to say the stuff about her daughter, how valuable she found the college experience, etc.

I agree with you.  Here are her comments as they were quoted at the time.  It is a personal opinion and a statement about how she would deal with her own daughter.  It doesn't rise anywhere near "panties in a bunch" territory, IMO.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/11102340/2014-us-women-open-stacy-lewis-says-11-year-old-lucy-li-too-young-field

Stacy Lewis, the top-ranked women's player in the world, voiced concerns that a sixth-grader from the Bay Area is competing in such a big event at such a young age.

"I'm not a big fan of it. She qualified, so we can't say anything about that," Lewis, 29, told USA Today Sports. "But I like to see kids be successful at every level before they come out here. I just like to see kids learn how to win before they come get beat up out here.

"When I found out she qualified, I said, 'Well, where does she go from here?' You qualify for an Open at 11, what do you do next? If it was my kid, I wouldn't let her play in the U.S. Open qualifier at 11, but that's just me."

My emphasis added.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 3308 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!