IGNORED

Tiger vs. Rory Sunday at The Masters?

Scotsclaff
Note: This thread is 3304 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who will shoot lower on Sunday at Augusta

• Tiger Woods
    • Rory McIlroy
    • Neither - They'll Tie

Tiger worked on this short game, but the long game still needs tweaking. IF he continues working and competing more frequently, then we can expect great duels. Of course, when they asked him yesterday  when he will play next, he said  not for a while.

Whats interesting about him not playing for a "while". Shows me he is still very serious about winning. He knows he can probably be top 20 every week. But he wants to win every week. And will cone back when he is ready to do that. And he will. For the ppl say Tiger can only win if he has his "A" game and Rory and Speith are off, BS! With TW healthy and little more practice, he is still the best player in the world. A step further. If they all play there best, Tiger is still 5 strokes better then anyone on earth.

Whats interesting about him not playing for a "while". Shows me he is still very serious about winning. He knows he can probably be top 20 every week. But he wants to win every week. And will cone back when he is ready to do that. And he will. For the ppl say Tiger can only win if he has his "A" game and Rory and Speith are off, BS! With TW healthy and little more practice, he is still the best player in the world. A step further. If they all play there best, Tiger is still 5 strokes better then anyone on earth.

There is zero recent evidence to support this.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There is zero recent evidence to support this.

Same evidence every one has Tiger can't beat the young guys unless they play there "C" game. Just typing that bothers me. Until TW is healthy and has had time to practice enough. No one can tell me he still isn't the best player on earth. If it makes you feel better, I'll say, in my opinion.

Same evidence every one has Tiger can't beat the young guys unless they play there "C" game. Just typing that bothers me. Until TW is healthy and has had time to practice enough. No one can tell me he still isn't the best player on earth. If it makes you feel better, I'll say, in my opinion.

He outplayed the younger guys as recently as 2013.  Granted he didn't make it happen in the majors, but his 5 wins in 2013 are still more than any of the young guns have ever done.  In fact, it is a measure of Tiger's dominance that he has won 5 or more times numerous time yet no one other than Vijay in 2004 (a phenomenal year in which Vijay chalked up 9 wins) has done it.  And lest anyone claim it is because of the tougher fields, we have that pesky 2103 when the fields pretty much were as they are and have been for the length of the careers of the young guns.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

He outplayed the younger guys as recently as 2013.  Granted he didn't make it happen in the majors, but his 5 wins in 2013 are still more than any of the young guns have ever done.  In fact, it is a measure of Tiger's dominance that he has won 5 or more times numerous time yet no one other than Vijay in 2004 (a phenomenal year in which Vijay chalked up 9 wins) has done it.  And lest anyone claim it is because of the tougher fields, we have that pesky 2103 when the fields pretty much were as they are and have been for the length of the careers of the young guns.

To add on, Tiger also won 2 in a row in 2013 as well.

To add on, Tiger also won 2 in a row in 2013 as well.

2 Tiger years are 7 for us. He cannot compete with the young guns, never will again. I like him in the field, the young guys look at him as a big brother but they've all destroyed him heads up so he doesn't have the aura with them that he maintains with Ernie, Vijay, and Sergio. Hell, even Phil hasn't lost to him heads up in quite a few years. Because of that and because he only plays the big tournaments now, he won't beat Snead even. I didn't believe that a year ago but I do now.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

2 Tiger years are 7 for us. He cannot compete with the young guns, never will again. I like him in the field, the young guys look at him as a big brother but they've all destroyed him heads up so he doesn't have the aura with them that he maintains with Ernie, Vijay, and Sergio. Hell, even Phil hasn't lost to him heads up in quite a few years. Because of that and because he only plays the big tournaments now, he won't beat Snead even. I didn't believe that a year ago but I do now.

I am glad ppl like you write off TW. Because at some point in the near future, we will be the top ranked player in the world again. Then what will you say?

I am glad ppl like you write off TW. Because at some point in the near future, we will be the top ranked player in the world again. Then what will you say?

I will say I was wrong.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I am glad ppl like you write off TW. Because at some point in the near future, we will be the top ranked player in the world again . Then what will you say?

Doubt that with Speith and McIlroy playing such high quality golf. It's going to take more than a few wins to climb up from where he's at now in the rankings.

Note: This thread is 3304 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!