IGNORED

Wente Vineyard Golf Course

Note: This thread is 3294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has any of the TSTers ever played it?

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oops I meant Wente

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

If you are referring to one in Livermore, CA, yes I have.

Great track - Greg Norman design.

A bit pricey though, but I think it's worth it.

It winds through the vineyard and has some good elevation changes.  I would definitely recommend it.

Disclaimer:  The last I played was a couple of years ago.  With the severe drought in CA, I don't know how the fairways and greens are this year.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Just found course is closed tomorrow

-Jerry

I went wine tasting there with friends who live in the area back in 2006. Haven't played the course. Wanted to, but my ability at the time wasn't consistent with breaking 50 on nine holes of executive golf, so paying for any not-a-goat-track regulation course wasn't in the picture.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Since it is closed, we are going to give Poppy Ridge a try and then go do a wine tasting at Wente

-Jerry

Oops I meant Wente

Great course!   It's usually in the must-play list for golfers who are visiting the area.   The view is pretty.  Service is great.  The course plays harder than its rating due to all the vineyards being OB.  The vineyards meander through every hole or vice versa.   If you are an accurate golfer, you can score well given the shorter length.   If you are not so accurate, don't let even the 18 handicap ranked hole (#3 short par 3) fool you.   You can easily end up with a double bogey if you miss to right, left, long, or short :-( .    Their gold tee is the tips.  Don't play it unless you are boasting a low single digit handicap AND accurate ball striking.     Watch out for snakes this time of the year.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Wente used to host a Nike, Nationwide, Web.com,  whatever it is called these days event. The Wine Makers Classic and the winning score was very high. I think it was typically won at -3 something like that. It is a great test and a great course. I highly recommend it.

Poppy Ridge is nice but sort of boring. Wente has a few great holes.

Michael

Unfortunately Wente is closed tomorrow

-Jerry

Poppy Ridge has 3 nine hole courses and is a great course.

I played many rounds there.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Really liked Poppy Ridge.

-Jerry

[URL=https://www.flickr.com/photos/golfcoursepix/sets/72157631915266314/]https://www.flickr.com/photos/golfcoursepix/sets/72157631915266314/[/URL]  Wente Vineyards pix[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/118041/] [/URL]

Nice

-Jerry

Note: This thread is 3294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!