IGNORED

Change and Moving on to a New Priority Piece

iacas
Note: This thread is 3289 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is there a preferred club suggested for priority pieces? I've been using my 6-iron primarily while practicing, with some occasional utility metals and driver shots mixed in once I think I'm getting the hang of it better. My first time after a lesson I'm usually starting with an 8-iron for a dozen shots.

Yeah most of the practice you'll be doing will be with 6, 7, 8 iron. When I'm doing drills where I'm hitting a ball I typically use a 7 or 8.

This is kind of depressing to me because if it takes Tiger that long, and as you say, golf is his full time job, it seems like it could take decades, if ever, for a working man or woman to have a change ingrained and be second nature. :(

Just stick with it, every little bit of improvement will result in better golf shots.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just stick with it, every little bit of improvement will result in better golf shots.

Oh, I plan to, but I guess I'd like to see myself at some point scoring in the 70's or 80's and reading about Tiger Woods, I feel as though it'll take a lifetime to get there if I ever do. :-\

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I sometimes wonder if swing changes that show up fine on the range sometimes end up not coming to the course with me. This topic is very relevant to me. When I started evolvr in the late fall, I very much wanted to move onto something else quickly. It took me probably 3 months to improve key #1 to where I can focus on other things. But even then, I still find myself needed to check my turn and head movement just to be safe. It really tests my patience.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I definitely feel like on the course my old swing and new swing are arguing over who's turn it is to hit the ball. The last round I played I only hit one iron shot the way I wanted to. It's frustrating yet fun to see the results even though they are infrequent. Change is hard and takes patients but good things come to those who wait.

I sometimes wonder if swing changes that show up fine on the range sometimes end up not coming to the course with me. This topic is very relevant to me. When I started evolvr in the late fall, I very much wanted to move onto something else quickly. It took me probably 3 months to improve key #1 to where I can focus on other things. But even then, I still find myself needed to check my turn and head movement just to be safe. It really tests my patience.

Yeah, my swing when I initially signed up for Evolvr was so bad that we worked on Key #1 during the backswing for a solid couple of months before moving on to Key #1 during the downswing.  Now we're working on Key #2 and I believe (maybe I'm being foolishly hopeful) that Key #1 is ingrained so, it definitely works, it just takes a lot of time and practice.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I definitely feel like on the course my old swing and new swing are arguing over who's turn it is to hit the ball.

In my case, too often, neither one wins and I hit something that doesn't resemble any swing I had before.  If either one had won, I would not hit the ball into OB.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

"There, I changed [something you need to change in your golf swing here]. What's the next thing?"

Let's say we're talking about a golfer fails to slide his hips forward and get his weight forward properly (Key #2). After 15 or 20 balls, he's starting to get the feeling down. He's starting to slide his hips forward consistently. The changes to his swing feel a bit less severe so he's starting to hit the ball more solidly. His fat and thin shots are reduced. The ball is coming off at the right height, getting him extra yardage. He's happy.

Only then, when your change is second nature, has it truly changed.

I agree. This also happens to be my priority piece now.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Note: This thread is 3289 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!