IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The problem is as I stated earlier in the thread.  In order to get the GOP nomination candidates have to cater to the extreme right wingers and then completely change their campaign for the election.  The GOP candidates lost the last two elections because the democrats smartly pointed out that the GOP candidates changed their positions on too many issues which hurt their credibility.

IMO, the GOP needs to revamp itself and become a party that is fiscally conservative and socially moderate if they want to have someone from their party back in the White House.

Just like they once were before the "80's.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

Our disagreement on DT's motivation aside, I took an internet survey on which candidate mostly matches my philosophy and ended up with Bernie Sanders.    Until then, I didn't know who BS was.

Link?

Here - http://www.selectsmart.com/president/

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I'm curious as to how many people actually heard or read Trump's comments, vs those who have just heard about them as reported by the media.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I'm curious as to how many people actually heard or read Trump's comments, vs those who have just heard about them as reported by the media.

I viewed his initial press conference announcing his candidacy  in its entirety.

I have viewed his other conferences or edited bites.

I mean, the man still does not believe in the certified, gold-gilded signed birth certificate of Obama from the State of Hawaii ... it's 7 years later. People like Trump incite hate for others. When it comes to golf, his behavior is better, unless, of course, you get in his way. Then you better run or be prepared to fight to the death. But I hope we can do better than Trump and the half-dozen other fringe haters running as Prez.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I viewed his initial press conference in its entirety. I have viewed the other conferences or edited bites.

I'm not surprised, you tend to be pretty informed. I'll bet you're in the minority, though most probably wouldn't admit it. Neither of us are fans of Trump, but did you actually find anything racist in his statements? Of course, those that only listen to the media will believe that he said that everyone of Mexican heritage was a drug-running rapist, when of course, he said no such thing.

In David's bag....

I'm not surprised, you tend to be pretty informed. I'll bet you're in the minority, though most probably wouldn't admit it.

Neither of us are fans of Trump, but did you actually find anything racist in his statements?

Of course, those that only listen to the media will believe that he said that everyone of Mexican heritage was a drug-running rapist, when of course, he said no such thing.

I did not view them as racist, just outlandish and not based in fact.

Trump spins a few examples of bad behavior and says this is the norm. It's manipulation of people's fears and prejudices.

And he tends to run so close to the line between black and white with such grandiose statements  that it's easy for the media/opponents to spin them.

Trump is his own worst enemy.

This appears to be the text of what he actually said that got him in trouble:

"Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

@David in FL he sense that he didn't call all people of Mexican heritage criminals. What he did is call most Mexican immigrants criminals.

This appears to be the text of what he actually said that got him in trouble: "Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people." @David in FL is correct in the sense that he didn't call all people of Mexican heritage criminals. What he did is call most Mexican immigrants criminals.

Not at all. He was referring to the Mexican government and claims that they're "sending" (facilitating?) illegal immigrants that are of bad character, to be rid of them themselves. He never said that all immigrants are of bad character. Again, I'm no fan of The Donald, but too many people hear what they want to hear....or more importantly, what others want them to hear, without listening for themselves. [quote name="Jeremie Boop" url="/t/83077/should-golf-dump-donald-trump/36#post_1166067"] That's the how things play out these days. It's not necessary to actually say something outright racist/bigoted as long as it can be perceived as such. Now, what he said is pretty easy to be offended by and wouldn't take much to get people behind a push to make the PGA disassociate from him. However, I am pretty tired of constantly seeing public apologies from people for things that they really shouldn't be apologizing for because what they said was/could be thought to be offensive. [/quote] Well said

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

I've just read the whole thing, including the "defense" later. I think it was mainly an accusation that the Mexican government was facilitating illegal immigration of it's worst elements. That was all he meant to say. He wasn't speaking about any immigrants following the legal process. He muddled the initial statement, and even broadened his accusation to Latin America and other parts of the world (adding to confusion) but the thrust was that illegal immigration was a way for other governments to send us their worst citizens. He feebly tried to pay respects to legal immigrants, but geez- he should've known better how it would be twisted by the media and his detractors. More evidence he is not presidential material. But racist? No. Not even close. But sadly most will be fooled by superficial media coverage and just think Trump (and anyone associated with him) are tainted with racism.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Trump has a new interview playing on MSNBC.

He is such a condescending SOB... :-$ and in many ways was a complete ass to the reporter. (if it ain't Fox, you don't get any slack)

Basically, being a tough negotiator, gets you respect, and people want you.

He is a critic of China, but they respect him and want his business.

He loves the Mexican people, but the Country of Mexico is killing us. But he sets up business there. He loves Mexico ... the people or the government? Now I'm confused.

Hillary is the worst Sec of State this Country has EVER had as well as this Administration, which cannot do anything right. Everyone hates us. (Of course, "everyone" hated us before 2009).

Apparently, the only way to make friends and get respect is to elect the Donald... you heard it here first. :bugout:

Get Trumped in 2016.

Hot off the presses from thedailybeast.com

Donald Trump insulted a female NBC News reporter during a live on-air interview Wednesday, calling her naïve. When Katy Tur stumbled over a question about immigration and crime, Trump cut her off and said, “Come on, try getting it out.” Trump continued: “Don’t be naïve. You’re a very naïve person,” he told her when she referred to the Pew Research Center as an independent source. He then followed up by telling her, “I mean, I don’t know if you’re going to put this on television, but you don’t know what you’re talking about.” Trump stuck to his guns on immigration and bashed Hillary Clinton as the “worst [secretary of state] in the history of the United States.”

Not at all. He was referring to the Mexican government and claims that they're "sending" (facilitating?) illegal immigrants that are of bad character, to be rid of them themselves. He never said that all immigrants are of bad character.

Again, I'm no fan of The Donald, but too many people hear what they want to hear....or more importantly, what others want them to hear, without listening for themselves.

Well said

Right. That's what I said above. He didn't say all of them were of bad character. He generously allowed that some (which would generally mean way less than most or even half) might be good people. People are not upset about his admonishment of the Mexican government. Frankly I agree with that part of it. The problem is with the blanket description of Mexican immigrants, legal or illegal.

This can't be dismissed as simply a matter of political correctness. PC stuff is like joking about Tiger Woods serving fried chicken and watermelon for dinner (see Fuzzy Zoeller). The man used the words "drugs", "crime" and "rapists". He has freedom of speech. He doesn't have freedom from the consequences of what he says and does.

• Upvote 2

Right. That's what I said above. He didn't say all of them were of bad character. He generously allowed that some (which would generally mean way less than most or even half) might be good people.

Exactly.  And that's racist.  Now, he could have clarified himself later, saying that wasn't his intent.  But he did nothing of the sort, making a total ass of himself on multiple television shows.

I don't honestly think Trump is a very bright person.  He might have good  business sense.  Or his father just happened to have a $350MM estate.  Trump is an uncontrollable egomaniac who given the chance would call every person in this forum "little" or "loser."  He's a bad human being.

• Upvote 1

"Witty golf quote."

This just in.  DT is #1 at 17% among Republicans in North Carolina poll.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

This just in.  DT is #1 at 17% among Republicans in North Carolina poll.

Since the Tea Party is about 30-35% of Pubs, Trump only has about 50% of the so-called Party of No.

I guess half of the fringe are xenophobic.

If the Pubs had passed the Immigration Bill, they would not have to deal with being Trumped.

Lately, there've been a lot of issues where people get outraged. Global Warming, racism, you name it. While I think passion is generally good, I think I'm seeing something different take over in these "national conversations."

1. Complete absence of any doubt in their position
  2. Darn-near intolerance of the opposing opinion (high doses of mockery)
  3. A desire to punish those that don’t agree

Usually when I see these characteristics, I think of a mob-mentality or group-think. Reasoned, impassioned, convincing logic is not what I'm talking about.

My hope is that others will be suspicious of people who exhibit these characteristics. There's probably a flaw in their position, so they need to rely on bullying.

In this debate (and others), keep your eye open for this tactic, and be suspicious. Be skeptical. Search out truth on your own. My guess is that the truth likely lies elsewhere, but that's for us each to judge.

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Since the Tea Party is about 30-35% of Pubs, Trump only has about 50% of the so-called Party of No. I guess half of the fringe are xenophobic. If the Pubs had passed the Immigration Bill, they would not have to deal with being Trumped.

They did, in 1986.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Yes, for a number of reasons, his comments being one.

2nd, his buying all the great courses and renaming them Trump

3rd This

Trump for Men. The invigorating smell of Trump.

(just in case itsnot well known in the US, Trump is another word we brits us for Fart :-D )

• Upvote 1

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Who cares? The man only wants attention. I mean just look at that toupee. [quote name="WageEarner" url="/t/83077/should-golf-dump-donald-trump/50_50#post_1166371"]I'm certainly not wealthy, but I do understand that taking money away from the rich means that there will be less jobs and less money for the needy poor.[/quote] You don't know much about economics...

I apologize for having a spam URL in my signature and will not do it again.

Note: This thread is 2968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!