IGNORED

Rushing Because of Faster Players Behind

CR McDivot
Note: This thread is 3179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I was going to say KMA but this weird and unexpected feeling came over me telling me to let him play through and he thanked me over and over with a big smile. I shouldn't have listened to that weird instinct. Just think how cool it would have been to keep him waiting and then cuss him out at the end of the round. Dang.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, I was going to say KMA but this weird and unexpected feeling came over me telling me to let him play through and he thanked me over and over with a big smile. I shouldn't have listened to that weird instinct. Just think how cool it would have been to keep him waiting and then cuss him out at the end of the round. Dang.

Lol. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Obviously you're not a real man. They have testosterone supplements that may help you.

Obviously you're not a real man. They have testosterone supplements that may help you.

I know. I always have that problem. People want to cuss at each other and spit their chew on the greens while sitting their stogies in goose poop and here I am being nice. I just don't fit in.

• Upvote 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Had I been behind Mr. McDivot, he'd have probably been cursing me as a "speed golfer", when nothing could have been further from the truth - even my cart was in no hurry to get finished.

If you played Riverview I can confirm this . Haven't been there yet this year but if it's the same carts those are jalopies.

Yep.  They maintain them enough to keep them running, but that's about it.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duff McGee

I'm a single in a cart playing behind 3 slow walkers and this dude is throwing down another ball after he putts out to practice

They're playing for money. . .

One of the least valid excuses for slow play, IMO.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duff McGee

I'm a single in a cart playing behind 3 slow walkers and this dude is throwing down another ball after he putts out to practice

They're playing for money. . .

One of the least valid excuses for slow play, IMO.

Agree, but also one of the most common. . .grrr. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Thought I'd share a bit of good cheer. Went to our local muni course this morning to help tune up a tournament friend playing this weekend's invitational and we zipped through holes 1 and 2 parring. Wait untill a cart past the fairway bunker @ his landing area clears. Teed then went to our balls. From the fairway we were called up to the green by a grandfather, dad, and 11 year old son no kidding who we watched on the previous tee off. 11 year old real nice swing. How'd we find that out? So they move we hit up and drive to the green in less than 1/2 minute, thank them, and move on. 2 minutes max. Nice guys. They must think different around here in Virginia while on the course.

I'm not at all for slow play, but this I'll never understand.  How do you even have time to enjoy yourself in that amount of time? That sounds to me like you guys would effectively just be playing polo adjacent to each other for 150-160 (or whatever) minutes.

Yeah dave played some pretty swift golf there.Personally to me time it takes me to play depends on each situation.Of course if your in fairway or have good lie in rough and your hitting near greens then your time will be short.Sometimes you may encounter sum shots, putts that require lil more attention.Depending on if course is clear u can get a round in at 2hrs 30 mins and thats paying attention what im doing im not striding to tee boxes, greens and casually strokung putts and giving myself 3 ft gimmes.

Played today with my SIL and grandson (10 yr. old, second time on course). First off the tee at 6 am, with one threesome 8 minutes back and regular ladies club 16 minutes behind.

Tee on #4 waited and offered the threesome to play through, junior needed more time to be coached. Threesome was happy to pass us, ladies never came within 2 full holes.

Had plenty of time for Junior, Pop and I to play standard or slightly quicker pace, ladies never came close.

Great experience for junior, Pop and I played at our own pace, ladies were not delayed (the gals were on a strict pace clock).

This can be done with equity for all. But NOT if one group thinks it owns the course because they are faster or better.

In other words, KMA, you who think your silly fast pace supersedes the enjoyment of those whom you think do not meet your bullpucky standards!

Just because the group behind you sucks more than YOU doesn't make it right to FK a golf course up for 100% of the golfers behind you...............   How long did it take you to play 18holes...............don't lie.   There is an entirely different standard for those who lead the way.   You sir.....I don't believe you belong on the golf course leading the way.

Be honest.....  Did you finish in 3hrs 30mins or less?   If not.....I'm calling you out because slow hacks with small children don't belong on the course at this time.  I don't condone hitting into, but you are asking for trouble if you are leading the way.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Just because the group behind you sucks more than YOU doesn't make it right to FK a golf course up for 100% of the golfers behind you...............   How long did it take you to play 18holes...............don't lie.   There is an entirely different standard for those who lead the way.   You sir.....I don't believe you belong on the golf course leading the way.

Be honest.....  Did you finish in 3hrs 30mins or less?   If not.....I'm calling you out because slow hacks with small children don't belong on the course at this time.  I don't condone hitting into, but you are asking for trouble if you are leading the way.

We played in 3:40.

NO ONE was allowed to play through the Ladies League, that is why the gals are on a clock. Niether they nor we held anyone up.

KMA @BuckeyeNut... YOU don't belong on ANY course! :mad: You stated we are asking for trouble, bringing a junior out. Certainly if my grandson ran into your agressive a## he would hate golf because of a##holes like you.

We timed our tee time and play perfectly to avoid idiots like you! :naughty:

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

Thought I'd share a bit of good cheer. Went to our local muni course this morning to help tune up a tournament friend playing this weekend's invitational and we zipped through holes 1 and 2 parring. Wait untill a cart past the fairway bunker @ his landing area clears. Teed then went to our balls. From the fairway we were called up to the green by a grandfather, dad, and 11 year old son no kidding who we watched on the previous tee off. 11 year old real nice swing. How'd we find that out? So they move we hit up and drive to the green in less than 1/2 minute, thank them, and move on. 2 minutes max. Nice guys. They must think different around here in Virginia while on the course.

Sounds like a grandpa who's teaching his grandson etiquette along with the game itself. Good for him!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

What's funny is there was only one time that I ever saw anyone behave remotely the way we're discussing things in this thread. :-\

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

A single on a cart who wants to play though every group they catch is disruptive on a course with a bunch of groups out, but since they are the faster player, they have no need to be courteous to fellow players. I am starting to understand this whole deal.

Usually on my course, singles on carts try really hard not to press groups unless they know there are only a couple of groups out and mostly clear sailing, but I guess they just don't understand golf etiquette.

A single on a cart who wants to play though every group they catch is disruptive on a course with a bunch of groups out, but since they are the faster player, they have no need to be courteous to fellow players. I am starting to understand this whole deal. Usually on my course, singles on carts try really hard not to press groups unless they know there are only a couple of groups out and mostly clear sailing, but I guess they just don't understand golf etiquette.

We had a single run us down last week, even though we were on a 3:15ish pace. We let him through, even though we were right up against the group ahead of us. Sadly, that group didn't afford him the same courtesy, even though there was almost no one ahead of them. He finally skipped ahead of the knuckleheads and we never saw him again. Even though we ended up waiting behind the guy that we let through, it didn't affect our overall time of play and letting him through was the absolute right thing to do.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I apologize to @ BuckeyeNut and all on the board for my language and tone in my most recent post. :-(

I let my frustration overide my better senses. :no:

• Upvote 2

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

Yesterday I ran into a situation similar to, or at least pertinent to what is being discussed here.  We played the front as a threesome, but our third only played 9 holes and left at the turn, leaving myself and Don as a twosome.  There was a threesome (two in a cart and one walking) in front of us that we had waited on briefly a couple of time on the front, but they were being held up by the group in from of them too,  We had been watching the two riders driving all over the course in front of us, so we weren't surprised when we started having to wait on every shot beginning on the 10th tee.

After finishing up on 12 we saw that they were still on the 13th tee, so we parked and waited for them to finish teeing off before driving up.  That's when we found out just what was going on.  One of the riders was a guy about 20 and the walker was giving him impromptu swing lessons.  He hit 5 balls from that tee, even though they knew we were sitting there waiting.  They then took nearly 15 minutes to finish that hole (a par 3).  WE made a few comments loud enough for them to hear, and the other guy in the cart yelled at us for "pushing" them.  The foursome in front of them was now more than a hole ahead, yet he said that they were waiting on them.  It turns out the the younger guy was a raw beginner, which I don't have any issue with, but they were playing the blue tees when he, at least, should have been on the whites where we were, or even on the gold forward tees (the course doesn't have red tees to discourage perpetuating the stigma of guys playing the "ladies" tee).

We proceeded to wait on every shot on the back 9, and the ranger wouldn't even say anything to them because there were technically "on time", even though they were failing to keep up with the several foursomes in front of them.  Aside from them the course was easily playing at a 4 hour pace, yet we played to 4:20 with foursomes backing up behind us.

The moral is that just because you are "on pace" doesn't mean that you are playing to the course flow for a given day, and dogged adherence to an arbitrary number doesn't make you right, even if the course sees it as correct by their policy.  If they had let us play through we'd have finished in under 4 hours despite being a twosome following several foursomes.  All we were expecting is that they keep up with the course flow.  Their failing to do that caused a backup for a half dozen groups behind us too.

The lesson they were really giving that new player was entitlement, not etiquette.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

We had a single run us down last week, even though we were on a 3:15ish pace. We let him through, even though we were right up against the group ahead of us. Sadly, that group didn't afford him the same courtesy, even though there was almost no one ahead of them. He finally skipped ahead of the knuckleheads and we never saw him again. Even though we ended up waiting behind the guy that we let through, it didn't affect our overall time of play and letting him through was the absolute right thing to do.

Right, when there is clear sailing, it's no harm, no foul, send 'em through. When the course is even a little bit crowded, they are slowing the pace of play.

Note: This thread is 3179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!