IGNORED

2015 Quicken Loans National Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yessssssss

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It is great for golf when Tiger is in contention, moreso than any other golfer.

Agree 100%. While I think Tiger Woods the person is scum, Tiger Woods the golfer is one I respect and he's good for the game when he's in contention. It's better when he's in contention and winning.

Agree 100%. While I think Tiger Woods the person is scum, Tiger Woods the golfer is one I respect and he's good for the game when he's in contention. its better when he's in contention and winning.

Scum is a bit much. Not liking him I completely understand (though I don't share those feelings) but scum is pretty harsh.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Agree 100%. While I think Tiger Woods the person is scum, Tiger Woods the golfer is one I respect and he's good for the game when he's in contention. its better when he's in contention and winning.

Hey, I agree! :-)

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

My original question as to why it bothers people when tiger acts up but not when Jordan does.

I don't mind seeing some firey temperaments on the course.

Did you ever think that it could be because Jordan Spieths moments of "acting up" as you say, are so unbelievable and incredibly mild and normal compared to practically EVERY OTHER PLAYER that nobody else even considers it to be "acting up"????

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Did you ever think that it could be because Jordan Spieths moments of "acting up" as you say, are so unbelievable and incredibly mild and normal compared to practically EVERY OTHER PLAYER that nobody else even considers it to be "acting up"????

Not the thread for this.  Please lets leave it alone.  Jordan is not even playing this week.

I really hope Tiger can win this week, and get himself into the WGC.

Tony  

Scum is a bit much. Not liking him I completely understand (though I don't share those feelings) but scum is pretty harsh.

No anyone that did what he did, whether they be famous or not, is scum. But the way I feel about him off the course and on the course is different. I'll admit I find it hard to pull for him because of the way I view him off the course, but I do my best and keep telling myself "it's good for the game." And I do respect him as a player and what he's done for the game, I truly do and I think he's the second best ever to play the game as of now and best I've ever seen in his prime.

Not the thread for this.  Please lets leave it alone.  Jordan is not even playing this week.

Yes please, we have this discussion all the damn time and people say the same damn things over and over again. In brighter news, Tiger is now tied for the lead :-). Well for like 3 seconds he was, thanks Retief! :-P

Riley

don't hold your breath on him winning.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

No anyone that did what he did, whether they be famous or not, is scum. But the way I feel about him off the course and on the course is different. I'll admit I find it hard to pull for him because of the way I view him off the course, but I do my best and keep telling myself "it's good for the game." And I do respect him as a player and what he's done for the game, I truly do.

I think things are a lot more complicated than the black and white brush you're painting them with, but I do understand.

Regardless, this has been fun to keep up with.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

don't hold your breath on him winning.

NO JOY ALLOWED NO EXCITEMENT ALLOWD I MUST CRUSH ALL GOOD FEELINGS

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

I would say that a lot of pro athletes are scum off the playing field.  But that's not why we like them.

You have to be able to separate the athlete from the person.

Tony  

someone needs to hurry up and sign Ollie though, this high school golfer look really stands out compared to everyone else.  Nike, Taylor Made, Callaway, Cobra... anyone?  Anyone?

Yes please, we have this discussion all the damn time and people say the same damn things over and over again.

In brighter news, Tiger is now tied for the lead .

Well for like 3 seconds he was, thanks Retief!

The leaders from yesterday haven't gotten going yet.  I bet the lead is around -11/12 before the end of the day.

Tony  

I would say that a lot of pro athletes are scum off the playing field.  But that's not why we like them. You have to be able to separate the athlete from the person.

Agree especially in football. It's hard sometimes. For example I'm a Bucs fan but am going to have a really hard time pulling for Jameis Winston. I hate him with a passion but have to pull for him this year.

Note: This thread is 3187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!