IGNORED

How many balls do you lose in an average round?

cbe_golfer
Note: This thread is 6007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How many balls in a round?

• ZERO!!!
    • One
    • Two - Four
    • Five and over

I usually lose 2-3 a round depending on how much I am slicing on that day. There are only 2 holes on my course that I actually lose balls on... really narrow fairways with impassable trees blocked by a fence on the right side.

This fall, however, I've been losing more like 4-5 a round with the stupid leaves. I hate holding up groups behind me so if I can't find it within the first minute I'll just take a drop. I figure that I usually end up finding just as many as I lose so its not a huge deal.
Raor~

Driver: Integra SoooLong Quadratic 10.5* with Innovate 603 graphite shaft
3 Wood: Classic Tour HiGHLY 15* with Integra I-Drive graphite shaft (HiBore Clone)
Irons: Tour + C-Quence 3-SW Irons (Nike Pro Combo OS clones)Wedge: T7 TM Series 60* Lob Wedge (TaylorMade R7 Clone)Putter: STX Snyc 9750...

I would say on average 2-3 depending on the course.

Wide open resort type course I might go without a lost ball or maybe 1 or 2 on a mis/bad-judgement type shot. Or I might lose more if tree lined with a lot of OB. On the courses that I've been playing most often, I usually go through about an average of 3-4 balls with half of those tossed after scuffing them up.

FT-i 9.5* Speeder 686 Stiff
906F2 15* UST Proforce V2 75 Stiff
3DX Ironwood 17* & 20* UST Proforce V2 Stiff
MX-20 4-PW Dynamic Gold Lite S300
Vokey Oil Can 52* & 56*Yes Tiffany 34"

I didn't vote. I can go weeks without losing a ball then lose 2-3 in one round and I play 4-6 round a week. This year in a 20 week league I did not lose a ball for 19 weeks then the last night I lost three.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Then define an average round for me in this context then. Usually if I lose 2 or more, it's a worse than average round score-wise. But I can play an average round and lose a ball, and I can play an average round without losing a ball. I still can't say zero and I can't say one...

I am now a firm believer in the possiblity you might think too much. May the snow melt soon so you can get out on the golf course, my friend. Because I think you may already have cabin fever.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Depends where I go - the local 9 we've been going to recently I have only lost 1-2 in three visits and that's due to rough where the balls sits way down and you just can't see it. Another nearby place is like infinite ball loss :D It has dense Mangrove trees on all sides and water hazards on several holes. One hole I just start by taking the drop...

I have no handicap yet, I just started!
The Good:
Heavenwood 3h
White Steel Two Ball
Orlimar SOS 56deg SW & 60deg LW
The Free:767 Pro Series 3-9iTomahawk 50deg PWKing Cobra 10.5deg Driver (350cc) 10.5deg Intimidator Driver

I can't answer the poll. NOBODY can say that they never lose a ball, so zero isn't even possible. I can play 3 or 4 rounds with the same ball, then lose a couple in the water in a single round. So I average less than one lost ball per round. If the poll can be modified, then the first choice should read "Less than one".

Yup! Sometimes one sometimes zero. I think I average one. Then there are those days you go through a sleeve. . . I hate that-sleeve trash!

I honestly think that i lose no balls more often than i lose a ball. I am definitely not the best golfer with a handicap of 30, but im working on it just like the rest of us :P

I think that the main reason is since my home course has pretty open fairways and whenever my ball strays, it's on the next fairway or over a fence and in the wide open. In this case i can just stroll over and get it. If the question was about penalty's, it would be a completely different story :P

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Home Course: Gawler Golf Club
Glove: Nike Tech Feel
Balls: Nike Power Flight

I can go 2, sometimes 3 rounds without losing a ball. In fact, there have been rounds were I actually end up with more balls at the end of a round after finding some balls lost by other golfers. I play in a mountain course that gets a lot of rain during certain times of the year, leaving the course pretty soggy in certain areas. Add that to the elevated tee boxes and this results in a certain number of balls being lost by people, sometimes even in the fairway!!! Plus the course is pretty short so it was designed to be tight with a lot of trees to increase the difficulty (slope rating of 124). That explains why I lose an average of 2 to 4 balls a round.

What's in my cart and stand bag:
Driver: C4 9* Stiff
R7 425 9* Stiff
Wood: Redline 15* Regular
Hybrids: Idea 17* and 21* RegularIrons: Idea 5-9, incl PW and SW RegularPutter: Rossa Monza Corza and Rossa Lambeau 2 ball bladeBalls: Any. Find many, lose a few

• 2 weeks later...
if I play at my home course, it is normally 2-5 as the greens do not hold the ball too well and it is incredibly hard. Each fairway is also lined with trees and the course is the hilliest I have ever seen.

If I play at my other golf course, I go round losing 0-2 normally as normally I go for risky shots. Even though I class myself as a 28 handicapper I am sure that I am around 24-25 but I do not have an offical handicap.

Ideally none. Which is the case more often than not. I play with a couple of guys that are higher handicappers, and it always trips them out that I only have one ball in my pocket (the ball that I play). While they have balls for reload on the ready in their pockets.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I said one, but I think it is more like 1 every 2 rounds on average.

However, there is not a lot of water in play on my home course.

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

Since I just starting playing i am a very high cap. with that said i played my first round only losing one ball thru 14 holes. feeling pretty good and a bit tired and started my 15 hole. With this hole you must hit it straight or you end up in this thick forest. i hooked three balls in roll. 16th hooked and lost another. after that i lost two more. man i thought i was going good till the
14th. so i ave about 6 balls.

Driver: Pinemeadows Bloc Driver 10
Hybrid: Adams A2 3 and 4 iron stiff
Irons: A2 hybrid irons
Wedges: Golf Smith 56 and 60 Degree
Putter: Pinemeadows bladeBall: Nike Power Distance softBag: Datrek Icon

I can't remember exactly how long it was since i lost a ball but useally when i do it is hitting over water and coming up short. This is very rare and so i voted ZERO on the poll

In the bag:

driver Big Ben CS3 9.5º
3-wood 906F4 15.5º
hybrid rescue mid 19ºirons: MP-60 3-PWwedges vokey spin-milled 54º and 60ºputter tracy IIball Pro V1

Ugh, I voted one, but I guess my average number is a little higher than 2, maybe 2 1/2. I think the buckets for the poll should have been more granular.

Anyway, I live next to a 9-hole muni, where LOTS of balls drop over the fence into my back yard. They're not Pro-V1's, but they're free! In previous years I would hit a ball, and if it wasn't worth the effort to look for it I dropped another and kept playing. I may have lost half a dozen a round.

This year I became a bit of a real golfer with a handicap index and started playing higher quality balls.

In short, I now care about my score and the "cost" of a lost ball, so I don't lose very many any more!

In my TM r7 Stand bag:
Driver- r11 10.5° Reg shaft

Fairway wood - r11 3 wood
Hybrids- r11 3, 4 & 5
Irons- M1 6-AW, xft 50, xft 54.12 , xft 60.08°
Still have / love my r7 CGB Max 6-PW, xft 50, xft 54.12, xft 60.08° which I keep in Myrtle Beach, Tommy Armour 855 Putter

I don't usually lose any balls. Every once in a while I do, probably one out of 5 rounds I'll lose one ball.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

I used one ball in my last round. That does not happen very often but I'm working on it...I bought my first 460cc driver last week and like it very much thank you.

Before, I was good for 1-3 per round.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

I've been out at times and not lost any balls, then I've been out like 2 weeks ago and lost 2 balls, last week I went out and amazily lost 3 balls and still scored better then I did 2 weeks ago. funny imho, though this time of yr up here in PA there are alot of leaves and whatnot on the course which can make for finding your ball difficult to say the least

Note: This thread is 6007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!