IGNORED

TST Instructional Content

mvmac

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Antneye said:

I've always wondered why there are no videos in this thread for key 5?  Can anyone point me to some?

Key 5 is pretty simple: controlling your clubface. Most of the drills for this involve… starting the ball over certain targets. Within your cone.

• Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, golfindude1 said:

All these 5SK Videos are shots with irons/wedges, how can I practice them using my Drivers, 3 Woods, and Hybrids?

They’re often the same. Do you have one specifically?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@iacas

Over the past few weeks, I was working on these three videos below because I was struggling to hit them with consistent distances and also because I keep hitting the shots at various directions. With these vids I've learned, I was able to hit my irons at the distances I want them to be at most of the time through shifting my weight more (Still need to work on consistent contact, but you get the point). For the driver, woods, and hybrids I know that I have to strike the ball at a more shallow angle, but for all irons and wedges it's best to hit with a steeper angle. I use the same backswing for all my clubs, although I'm more convinced that I need make them shallower. 

Edited by golfindude1
Forgot to tag people.

• Administrator

Before I begin, ball position is largely relevant and responsible for wedges being a bit steeper than 4-irons or hybrids.

On 9/7/2020 at 8:13 PM, golfindude1 said:

Still relevant to all clubs. A bit less important with the driver.

Relevant to all clubs.

Same as video #1.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

• iacas changed the title to Tst Instructional Content
  • iacas changed the title to TST Instructional Content
  • 2 months later...

I went looking for this to give a link for a new member and was surprised this wasn't in this thread:

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• iacas changed the title to Tst Instructional Content
  • iacas changed the title to TST Instructional Content
  • 10 months later...

I was looking for the 65/20/15 thread and, while it was easy to find, I was a little surprised it wasn't in this thread yet, given how much instructional content is, at least in part, aimed at correcting misconceptions.

On a related note, several videos in the first post have seemingly been made private since the thread was created. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

59 minutes ago, Shindig said:

I was looking for the 65/20/15 thread and, while it was easy to find, I was a little surprised it wasn't in this thread yet, given how much instructional content is, at least in part, aimed at correcting misconceptions.

On a related note, several videos in the first post have seemingly been made private since the thread was created. 

It is now! 😀

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

The videos… are because YouTube moved Unlisted videos to Private some time ago. The problem is… they also stripped all information. I don't know what the title of the videos is, where they are, etc.

I have access to three YouTube accounts, and none of them are still private in them. I've changed the age restriction thing to "not made for kids" (it's not adult content, it's just not targeted for kids).

@mvmac, are some of the videos on your channel(s)?