IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I'm a solid 14 so look at it from that perspective. Was even through 7 with a bogie and a birdie. Playing way over my head. Doubled the #1 handicap par 5 8th and the easy par 4 9th for a 40. Then the sky opened up but we played on. Didn't fare as well on the back, 47 but the conditions were horrible (really). I'm trying hard to work on my irons as they are what holds me back. I come over the top something horrible but today I hit some really solid iron shots and may have found a little something. Tomorrow's weather doesn't look good. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for starting this tread.

88, Absolutley Horrible!

I know I shouldn't expect much from the first round of the year, but I played God awful today. I was suprised that my course even opened it up this weekend. The course was in disgusting condition. Almost lost a shoe because the ground was so saturated.

With that said, its not to bad considering everything in my bag is new, and it was the first time these clubs have touched actual grass.

I got the itch again and already want to get another 9 in before dark.

In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

Shot a 109 today - 54 on the front / 55 on the back. For the first time all 14 drives were solid. Biggest issue was losing 2 balls shooting directly into sun this morning (balls that shouldnt have been lost and were probably right in front of me).

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

89 on freshly aerated and top dressed greens, you could putt a 5 footer 4 times and it would break differently every time. Not too disappointed with making bogey every hole given the greens
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Chambers Bay, Washington. windy, sunny, showers. The course played nice. Shot 82 (43 front, 39 back). I naturally have a low shot flight and that helped tremendously, especially on the par 3's and long par 4's. Imagine a 5 iron for a 144 yard hole. That's the kind of day it was and I loved it. Played with a 2 handicapper and he shot 77 so I felt very good. Seem like I play better when grouped with low handicappers, gets the competitor out of me.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

On a golf trip in Destin. Shot a 94 this morning at Regatta Bay completely hungover (probably shouldn't have been driving a golf cart) and 87 this afternoon at The Raven. Finishing up at Kelly Plantation tomorrow morning. My buddy and I are in the championship match (2-man match play), $600 at stake.....

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

82 again... I hate when I have to wait a lot of time because the group in front of me is slow. The foursome in front of me were newbies and they don't let me pass, I hate that. They cause desesperation on me and I throw to the garbage my score.

Regards.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

114 this afternoon - a great reminder of why i normally play early mornings. Slow play in front is one thing - retarded slow play is another.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

0 because Vermont is still coverd in snow

In My Bag:
Driver-G10 10.5 pro launch blue
3 wood-Burner TP 14.5
2i-hibore hybrid 19 stiff
irons-J33bWedges-:54 vokeyFEEL wedge company 60putter- white hot xg #1ball-pro v1

Shot 86 today..:( I missed alot of makeable 5-10 foot putts today and it felt as if my entire foundation was out of wack. May be time to visit the old pro for a pousture check..
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Today, I shot my personal best of 95 (not bad for having only played for 6 months). Weather was a bit chilly (low 40's) with some variable wind thrown in for good measure. My drives were OK (still fighting a fade sometimes), irons were really working well, chipping STUNK, and putting was decent.

The good news is that I shot a 73 from the tips today. The bad news is that I had 5 birdies and an eagle on a par 5. Talk about Jeckel and Hyde....bwgolfer

TaylorMade Burner TP 9.5* stiff shaft Driver and Taylormade 15* medal
Cleveland utilities 22*
Taylormade tour prefered irons with rifle flighted 6.0
Taylormade z groove tp wedges 52* and 58*
Rife Antigua blade putterTitlest Pro V1X, Bridgestone 3000s Black

89 yesterday. One of my worst scores in a long time. 41-48. Basically, it was 42 and windy out and my back tightened up so badly on the back 9, I could hardly swing.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

I shot 81 on Saturday. Not bad since I was wearing three layers of clothing and the fairways are still dead and soft.

Woods: Titleist 909 D3, Titleist 909 F2
Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue
Irons: Titleist AP-2
Wedges: Titleist Vokey spin milled
Putter: White Hot 2 ball.

Par 72 course from Gold (Championship tees): 38 - 41 - 79

1st hole nice hybrid off the tee, flush 9 iron from 135 and birdied from 5 feet
2nd hole 4 iron back of the green, two putted from 35 feet
3rd hole flush drive with a slight draw, hybrid to 40 yards, chipped on and didn't check up and slid by, 2 putted from 15 fee on a rt to left breaker
4th hole slight draw 5 iron landed pin high, 2 putted from 8 feet above the hole.
5th hold drove it in the middle of the fairway, leaving 156 to the pin, played it to 165 and carried the green by 2 yards like a moron, went into the yard, dropped, flopped up, two putted.
6th sliced a hybrid, carried a 56 degree over water from 115 and went deep, used a 60 degree up, and one putted from 20 feet for par
7th drove it WAY right, PW to the front from where I was at, and three putted from the fringe
8th drove the fairway, 4 iron from 220 on par five just on the back edge of the green and rolled off, chipped down, 2 putted for par from 10 feet
9th drove it short of the green on dogleg left, chipped with 60 degree that didn't release on the fringe, two putted.

Front - 38

10th hit the driver high, 56 degree down wind from 120 that didn't release but backed up on the front edge, two putted for par.
11th drove it down the middle, chunked a 60 degree, putted from 20 yards short of the green and caught the front slope and didn't make it on, putted again from just off the green to 2 feet, tap in.
12th hit a 6 iron into the wind playing 164 to the pin, pushed it right into the bunker. 60 degree out of the bunker and made a 12 footer for par.
13th hit it down the right side and wind didn't move it, ended up in the right rough, left an 8 iron short in the bunker, chipped out over the green, chipped back on and 2 putted from 20 feet.
14th drove it down the middle, layed up with a 7 iron, hit a 9 iron on the front that back off the green, PW up by the hole and one put for par.
15th hit a driver WAY right and then guestimated a PW to the backside of the green, lipped out a put from 50 feet and tap in for par.
16th hit a 9 iron 151 pin high, lipped out a birdie put from 6 feet on the high side.
17th hit the drive in the water right, dropped, hit a draw 7 iron from a slice lie and slice wind, hit the green, two putted for bogey.
18th bombed a driver into the wind, hybrid that I hit well but just ever so slightly fat, lip of the bunker then then had a fried egg that I almost broke a wrist getting out with a 56 degree to hole high, two putted for par.

41 and total 79.

In the Bag:
Driver 907 D2, 8.5*, Accuflex x-stiff
3 Wood 904F 15*, Accuflex V2, x-stiff
Hybrid 585H, 19*, Aldila NV 85S
Irons MP 57's, + 1", 1* up, Project X 5.5Wedges Titleist Spin Milled 56* and 60*, oil can, +1/2", 1* upPutter :Scotty Cameron: Newport 2Ball ProV1Bag: OGIO Gromwww.quail...

dang noxnasdaq! nice write-up. i wont go that far but i shot a 76 today, flatstick was saving my butt all day, lot of up and downs.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti