IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Personal best for me, 47+45= 92 , on a 68.2/117 course that I know pretty well. Felt very solid, only lost 1 ball (still an achievement at my level), and could have broken 90 if not for my 41 putts! 9 fairways off the tee, for 8 GIR. Finally comfortable using my driver on the course, but I still know when to keep it in the bag.

Finished in a brisk 3 and 1/2 hours.

Congrats! LGP... someday I will join you there

I had my best 9 hole round this morning - thanks to the abnormal ground condition ruling discussed elsewhere in GolfTalk. Otherwise, it would have tied my best.

A 45.

Man, they day I put together a front and a back both under 50 I will be a happy man

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

• Administrator

72 at Lake View

. Ugh. The comments from my entry in Scorecard:
Hit a few more good shots than previous days, but still not really getting it. Started to feel more upright, though - kept the club away from me and outside my hands, I think, more so than before.

Hit a great bunker shot on 13 to make a tap-in birdie. Reached 17 with a 7-iron from 164 (15 yards over the pin to the back fringe). Eight was a good shot for a birdie. Nine was stupid. 10 was stupid. 15 was bad luck.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

98. First time breaking 100. Down from 141, the last round I played before my new clubs in July.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

I went out today and shot a 93=49+44 it is my personal best in my first year of golfing. I had a great hole on 12 when I hit my driver off the tee and ended up in a large fairway bunker and then hit my pitching wedge out of the bunker with about 120 to the center of the green. I was able to pick it clean and landed about 4 to 5 ft from the pin and putted to pick up a nice birdie. It was a very good day of golf.

In The Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha 460
3 & 5 Wood: F50.
Irons: 855S Silver Scot 3-SW.
Wedge: S2H2 60*Putter Anser 2i

I played a course I have never been to, and hit a 51 on the front 9, I'm seeing small improvements in my game, but still making lots of dumb mistakes

Shot under my handicap today through nine (on average, I would have finished at 20), so obviously 10 over.

Very short course, but the fairways are nearly nonexsistant. Had a couple of nice iron shots that rolled up the green beautifully, including one over a lake that hit the side of the bank and somehow shot up to the green (luck).

Also broke a record of driving - got one 280 on the shortest par4 on the course, 50 yards short of the hole. It's not me though - the ground there is so dry because the course is open to the sun, the ball rolled like a mofo today.

Buddy of mine had a fantastic day as well - he was 6 over through nine. On the shortest par 3 on the course, 130 yards, hit a beautiful wedge that would have had a great shot of going in, but took a nasty bounce of a small hill to the left - so he sinks the 35 footer on what seemed like concrete anyway for birdie.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

9 holes in my league last night.
+2. A double bogey (horrible 1st hole), a bogey (3 putting par 3's kill ya), and a birdie. 6 pars.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I shot a 48 yesterday. Started +2 on the first four holes and thought today I might break 45, but on the fifth hole, after an excellent drive and about 110 out from the green, i chunked my pitching wedge, and my frustration led to a triple bogey on the hole. The rest is history. So close!!!

In My Ogio Grom Bag:

Driver: Taylormade r7 Superquad 460 CC
3 & 5 Wood: Cobra LD M Speed Offset
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler DWSIrons: Titleist AP1 4I-GW Sand Wedge: Callaway WarbirdPutter: Odyssey White Hot XG #1 Glove: Footjoy WeathersofShoe: Footjoy PRO Saddle DryjoyBall: Titleist NXT...

I played my home course, yesterday afternoon. We teed off at 4:00p.m., finished about 7:30. I shot a 42 on the front nine, 43 on the back. I had 5 pars, 10 bogies and 2 double bogies. I had 32 putts. My real weakness in the round was my inability to reach most greens in regulation. My second shots were either straight and short or, the length of the shot was fine but I pushed the ball and missed the green. The round was one of my better ones, lately, and I am happy for that fact.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Shot 10 over today, I worked out with my playing partners that If I holed all the putts I missed from inside 12 foot I would have shot 68, I really did feel like I was steering a lot of putts and the greens were a lot slower than they looked, hitting the put hard enough was a problem.

My swing is still struggling after a recent wrist injury, which I almost built a swing around to avoid pain (never got the wrist looked at), although recently the pain has gone so I can go back to releasing the club properly and hopefully shooting some good scores.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

• Administrator
73 at Whispering Woods . Probably would have been my first even-par round there if I hadn't landed in a huge freakin' divot on the 18th hole.

Anyway, I may have finally come out the other side of a long, dark tunnel. OPEN MY STANCE. In the words of Phil, "I am such an idiot."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I shot an 88 today, par 72 semi-home course. But that was a 50 on the front and a 38 on the back. 3 putted the first 4 holes and 4 putted (!) the 7th. 17 putts on the back nine, par 36.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I played terrible golf today, even for me. I played 27 and shot a 123 on the first 18, which a 71.7/126 rating and then I shot a 60 on another nine.

I played at The House on the Rock Resort course in Spring Green, WI if anyone else has been there. The Springs course, which is 18 holes is a Robert Trent Jones Sr. course and the other 9 hole course is an Andy North design.

Pretty tough course, but just a terrible day for me. Before today I had been playing good golf (for me) and almost broke 100 last time out. Today it just got really ugly in a hurry. I started off alright but then I started pulling my head on everything and topping tee shots, topping irons. Not good at all.

Shot 40 last night in league. 5 pars & 4 bogeys. It was all scrambling though....not pretty. Had two 20 foot putts lip out. Scored much better than I had been though.