IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

78 today at Westchase (westchasegc.com). should've been MUCH better. started out good with a 2 under par 34 on the front, then i BLEW UP on the back with 2 doubles and a triple. a 78 is a decent score on that course but it should've been a lot lower. the 2nd 9 just killed my score

I shot an even par, 72, this morning at Shadow Ridge Golf Club.(shadowridgegolf.com) I went out in 38, making bogey on 7 and 9. Then, I came in with a 34, making 4 birdies, and 2 bogeys.

In the Bag

SQ Dymo Str8-Fit 9.5º Driver
15º T-40 3-Wood
3-PW Victory Red Forged TW BladesSlingshot OSS SWOZ Blue Chip MalletPro V1

94. Not good, not particularly bad, just not improving. My driver failed me all day; perhaps I could have scored lower had I used my 4-wood off the tee, as distance off the tee was not vital at the course I played, and I was able to keep it in play on the holes that I did use it.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

46 for 9 holes.

Considering I started with a double par, I thought it was a good score.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

• Administrator

I was on three of the four par fives in two today and on the fourth I nearly chipped in for birdie. My team finished third. That's all I'll say.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

112. Chipping and bunker play was horrendous. Fought a push-slice for the better part of the first round. But for my fourth round back in two years, I like how things are progressing.

Shot a 4 over 74 yesterday.....solid round except for a 3 putt and a missed 3 footer for birdie....back 9 is getting me everytime lately.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

104, off the tee was much better, only one 3 putt, but my 2nd and 3rd shots have been getting me into trouble. Fighting my push again, which was corrected in May with lessons, but it has come back to haunt me...back to he basics.

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

Played 9 yesterday after work- it's convenient having a course down the street.
Shot a 40 and was damn glad to have closed out solid. Shoreline GL is a wind tunnel in the afternoons and hit some pretty ridiculous shots. Full 7 from 125 (came up short), hard 4 iron from 150. Luckily I hit driver 9 onto the par 5 ninth and made the eagle putt so not all bad. Greenside chipping kinda sucked though... oh well.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Hooked up with a kid that plays for a local D1 school at my course yesterday (hint: the school falls between Detroit and Lansing). Nice kid, extremely respectful and polite. Too bad I had to take him back to school . I only had time to play 12 holes but finished up at 4-under (6-birdies and 2-bogies). The kid, well he was even after 12. Would have been nice to finish the round.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

6 over 64 on local executive course. First round with nothing worse than a bogey which made me happy. Greens were sanded and hard to putt so I thought I could have made a couple of birdies. All in all a happy round

Played a course not very familar with. Shot an 83. Drove the ball well all day, 9-13 fairways and most over 250. 38 putts. 6 3 putts. Pulled my irons a bit today. Only one really good look at birdie. Hit 8 greens. Mostly around 30 feet. Just not sharp with irons and putting.

Brian

Fairways hit: 6
GIR's: 4
Putts missed inside of 7 feet: 5

With those numbers, I have to take an 85 for what it is. It was raining for a lot of the round as well. So, an 85 didn't get me too angry...I also hadn't played on a course (although have practiced at the range) in three weeks.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

45. 4 doubles, 4 pars, and a bogey. My usual little fade turned back into the draw which then turned into a duck killer, which is why I went to the fade in the first place. Time to hit the range again. The good news is that my putting was unbelievably good tonight. No 3 putts and most of my seconds were tap ins. The longest second putt I had was 4'. I had a par saving 15' putt when someone in a passing car yelled FORE as I was addressing the ball. I smiled thinking of the thread on here and drained it.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 75 today (+5) was good solid round apart from 2 holes really, a triple bogey 7 on the 8th 468yds par 4, and a double bogey 6 down 18, 385yds par 4!

10 pars
3 birdies
3 bogeys
1 double
1 triple

5/14 fairways
9/18 greens

TITLEIST 909 D2 10.5* VOODOO STIFF FLEX
TAYLORMADE R9 TP 3 WOOD STIFF FLEX
COBRA BAFFLER PRO 19* STIFF FLEX
TITLEIST 695MB 3-PW STIFF FLEX
TITLEIST VOKEY BLACK NICKEL 52*TITLEIST VOKEY SPIN MILLED 56.10 & 60.04SCOTTY CAMERON 2.6 NEWPORT PUTTERCALLAWAY TOUR IX GOLF BALLTAYLORMADE R7 TP TOUR BAGC...