IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I shot an ugly 49 at the back 9 of The Willows this morning, and decided to play another 9, but this time at The Pioneer (mercifully, an easier course) and shot a much more satisfying 40. I very nearly drove the green on 3 or 4 par 4's, although I still can't putt worth a shit.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Did very bad.. shot an 87 on Sunday i thought I played alot worse, today i had a habit going and was slicing all of my irons. My driver wasnt working either that day. Just overall a bad score. Drained a 25 foot huge breaker..

and almost got a hole in one on a par 3. 1 ft away from the pin.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

First round with the 775's and they felt great. A handfull of bad shots were my undoing. Had nothing to do with the clubs. In fact, three of my worst shots were not with the irons. I was 2 over through 5, including a par on the toughest hole on the course where bogey is fine by me. Blew up on the 15th (my 6th of the day) with a tripple. Came to 18 needing eagle on a short par 5 for 39. Perfect tee shot followed by a decent 2nd that just found the trouble right of the green. Had to take an unplayable for my third and pitched poorly that led to 3 putt for double. Ended with a 43. All said I was 3 over for 7 and 5 over on the other two. I think I'll keep my irons.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

shot a even par 35 yesterday....3 putted once, lipped out two birdie putts, and shanked a 9 iron from the middle of the fairway....couldve been an amazing 9 holes...and i didnt hit driver once cuz i needed to work on my 3wood.

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

• Administrator
I can summarize my round today as: big pieces of shit with some nice little standard pars mixed in. I swear to God I'm the worst 4 index in the world. I'll hit some shots an 18 won't hit very frequently.

This is the year I shit or get off the pot. I need to do something with my game this year or NOT. I've not improved the past two years. That needs to change. NOW.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played the front 9 last night (par 37). Hit 7 greens, 15 putts, for 7 pars, 1 birdie, and 1 bogie, to par the nine. I missed very makeable birdie putts on the first 4 holes but was putting well. I'll take it.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

I hit my first two shots out of bounds on the first hole and went 8-11-8-7 for the first four holes. The fourth, a par 3, I drilled onto the green with my three iron, and then six-putted my way to hell and back, since the ball would stop near the hole, roll back to the fringe where I was standing. Again, and again. I stopped keeping score after that. I quit after nine holes because I'd hit at least 20 balls either out of bounds or about a mile into the woods, hopelessly unplayable (and unfindable). Now, I need a few days for my destroyed ego to recover a bit. The only bright spot was that my iron play got me out of trouble many times (whereas yesterday I couldn't hit it squarely to save my life).

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I hit my first two shots out of bounds on the first hole and went 8-11-8-7 for the first four holes. The fourth, a par 3, I drilled onto the green with my three iron, and then six-putted my way to hell and back, since the ball would stop near the hole, roll back to the fringe where I was standing. Again, and again. I stopped keeping score after that. I quit after nine holes because I'd hit at least 20 balls either out of bounds or about a mile into the woods, hopelessly unplayable (and unfindable). Now, I need a few days for my destroyed ego to recover a bit. The only bright spot was that my iron play got me out of trouble many times (whereas yesterday I couldn't hit it squarely to save my life).

After a bad streak like that, I've taken a couple of days away from golf just to try to forget the bad swing habits (there is such a thing as bad muscle memory) I might have picked up...then I play, but I hit a very small bucket before the round to get loose.

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

i read all the scores posted on here and I go crazy.

I shot a 113 sunday on a course that my previous best was a 121. I loved it. I hope I get to a point one day were i complain about shooting 90. But oh well :). I like how I'm doing, and i'm taking golf a lot more seriously in the past year.

I'm terrible, but i have fun.

In the Bag:
Taylormade r580XD 10.5° Reg flex
3 + 5 wood - Dunlop graphite shaft parts from a set3-pw - Dunlop set that looks sorta like ping I3's (i'm sorely in need of an upgrade.)LW/SW/GW - Adams black 52, 56, 60 degree wedges.Putter - Ping Karsten Anser 34"Bac...

• Administrator
I can summarize my round today as: big pieces of shit with some nice little standard pars mixed in. I swear to God I'm the worst 4 index in the world. I'll hit some shots an 18 won't hit very frequently.

Heh. Went out today and shot the easiest 74 ever. I made about one putt over eight feet (for birdie) and had three other three-foot birdies. Burned the edges all day, really. I got up and down a few times, but failed to do so a few other times. It was basically a no-stress 74, and it included a lost ball on #13 (I got a little too cocky with my driver, having striped it all day, and pulled it just a tad into the gorge to the left. It's not OB, but it used to be, and a lost ball is basically the same. So, the 7 I took there didn't help.).

The change from yesterday? I put my swing on my 60 FPS video camera and noticed how sickeningly flat I was. I practiced a more upright swing for ten minutes and took it to the course. BAM! My worst drive was only a few feet into the rough (and my fairways are REALLY narrow, so I'd have hit every fairway at almost any other course, including U.S. Open courses!) and all were effortlessly long. Even two mis-hit drives really got out there FAR (thank you, 907D2!!!). Golf is a funny, funny game. Yesterday I was near tears (well, not literally), and today I really didn't have a single BAD hole. 37/37/74 12/14/26 putts (my up-and-downs were all close, as were three birds) 57.1/57.1/57.1% fairways (again, really great at my course) 33/66/50% GIR 50/67/56% U&D; No sand save attempts today.
i read all the scores posted on here and I go crazy.

On the plus side, you're probably not as tormented as those of us who feel we should be shooting 74s and who occasionally shoot - egads!!! - a 79 or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On the plus side, you're probably not as

Bolded for emphasis.

Today's round: I hit it well today but miserably failed to take advantage of the par 5's. Not great with the putter either.

Fore!

Got out for nine holes after work and played like shit. This is the year I finally want to get better but not sure if it's going to happen. Working on a few minor swing adjustments and hit the ball beautifully the day before on the range. Of course this was my first round on the golf course in a week and a half or two weeks and it showed. Shot a 45... one double, one par and SEVEN bogeys. I kept my putting, GIR and Fairways hit stats for kicks and I hit ONE FREAKIN GIR, and promptly three putted that hole. The way I hit the ball on the range I really thought I was ready to strike the ball better. Guess not.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Today's round:

I had a similar round last night!! Hit the ball great but I shot 8 over and was 6 over on the 4 par 5s. That just burns me too because the strength of my game is the long ball so I HAVE to take advantage of the short par 5s on our course! Throw in a couple 3 jacks and it makes for a frustrating 80!!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

On the plus side, you're probably not as tormented as those of us who feel we should be shooting 74s and who occasionally shoot - egads!!! - a 79 or something.

Hehehe Yes probably. What does burn me is I know I'm better than the other 3 guys I play with, so if for some reason they start getting ahead of me, that turns the fire on in me.

I get excited when I come out of the front nine and I'm in a position where reaching sub-100 is somewhat reachable ;). One of the things that I think is improving my game is that I am shooting for bogey (or hell double bogey) now, it keeps me from making dumb mistakes, when I think "Shit if i hit through these trees to the green i could actually make birdie", where as what really happens is a hit a tree and i post a 10.

I'm terrible, but i have fun.

In the Bag:
Taylormade r580XD 10.5° Reg flex
3 + 5 wood - Dunlop graphite shaft parts from a set3-pw - Dunlop set that looks sorta like ping I3's (i'm sorely in need of an upgrade.)LW/SW/GW - Adams black 52, 56, 60 degree wedges.Putter - Ping Karsten Anser 34"Bac...

Hehehe Yes probably. What does burn me is I know I'm better than the other 3 guys I play with, so if for some reason they start getting ahead of me, that turns the fire on in me.

That last paragraph reminds me of myself. My father-in-law (60 years old, 8-9 handicap) used to beat me over the head constantly about course mgt. When it finally sunk in my scores started to improve. I used to ALWAYS think I could par a hole no matter what the situation was....In the woods, behind a forest of trees, water in front of the green??? No problem, I'll hit a 210 yard knock down shot that stops dead on the back of the green, 2 putt for par and get out of town. Yeah right. Posting 9's and 10's were usually the result.

If I hit a poor tee shot or poor 2nd shot, I just think..."okay, how can I get a bogey on this hole." I've actually saved more pars by taking this approach. For a player of my ability, a bogey isn't really a bad score on any hole, so there's no need to feel like I HAVE to make birdie or par. If I stripe one right down the fairway, I'm thinking PAR, not birdie. I hope one day I'm good enough to expect birdies, but I'm not even close to being there.

Me, three. Crappy course management probably costs me 10 strokes a round. I'll try to drive par-5's in two, or hit driver off the tee box and land myself in the cabbage when I should've hit an iron, or try to carry lake that's 240 yards out, or...well, you get the idea.

I'm telling myself, after landing in the cabbage one too many times, that I'll actually start playing smart, and using my three iron even when I have 300 yards left to the pin...not cranking a 3-wood off into the weeds....yeah, 30 yards nearer the hole, but in a much worse lie. I'm going to start playing damage limitation, and make a double bogey worst score on any hole...basically, that I don't compound an error by making another one and load up on 9's and 10's.

93 at Anaheim Hills golf Course
came in with 3 pars, 2 of them were 17 & 18.

need to go back to the range and figure out why I'm not hitting the irons solidly right now. real bummer. on the plus side, killing drives, short game is getting better and my putting is much better today.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2