IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

First one on the course this morning for a relaxing round by myself. Shot 26 over for a 98. Really kind of bummed by the score, but really pleased with my swing and ball striking. Pitching and putting ate my lunch. I feel like a lesson or three would help me knock a bunch of stokes off my average game.

I normally don't post scores for the first month of play coming off a 3 month winter layoff, but decided to post every single round from the first played this year.......LOL

Round 2:

44-41=85

Stone Canyon 73.2CR 141Slope

I hit the ball terrible from the tee....... 4/13 fairways......7GIR(function of bad driving)........35putts

ouch.....I'm sure there will be more where this came from.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

WooHoo! Shot a 71 at The Golf Club at Terra Lago, Championship Tee's, 6401 yards, 71/130. 9/18 GIR's, 10/14 FIR's. I getting out of the rut. (hopefully not speaking too soon). :-D

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It was a pleasant sunny and 70 in KC today!!    I was only able to play 9 holes because I took my son bowling, but at least I got to play.

Stone Canyon:  Front nine........36.2CR 145slope.........39

5/7 Fairways

5/9 greens

17 putts

I'm not holing any putts yet, but my lag putting was solid today.  I didn't have any close looks, so I am happy with all the 2 putt pars.   I really only threw away 1 shot.   On the last, I needed 3 strokes to get down from the fringe 20ft away.  Oh well......   I'm not complaining.  My other 2 bogeys were tough up-and-ins so I deserved the scores.  All in all....a good day.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

36-41-77 8 FIR 10 GIR 28 putts Not bad for 2nd round of year, played back 9 twice

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

36-41-77 8 FIR 10 GIR 28 putts Not bad for 2nd round of year, played back 9 twice

Forgot the course stats: 3300 yds par 36 71.4 course rating 131 slope Although the rating and slope are for the entire 18, but the back 9 is harder. Front 9 still closed.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Shot a 90 which had winds greater than today's PGA tourney. Only two holes were downwind. In fact, afterwords found out there was a high dust warning. Which we had then some few seconds of rain, light though it was. Had to really consider it as had 77 on Thursday. But, normal for this time of year.

Cannon Gate @ Magnolia Creek

Wind Gusts to 40 mph

Rain

Cold

Hit the ball pretty good but wind and rain tore me up.

9 over on the front

Didn't finish the back 9. Went in and had a drink and a stogie.

Ping G25 Black Dot Irons

Ping G25 4 Wood 16*

Titleist 925i

Ben Hogan Putter

Ben Hogan 58* Wedge

"Cant Beat The Foot Joys"

Springfield Golf & CC 37-40-77 3300 yds Par 36 Back 9 twice again 12 GIR 9 FIR 33 putts 71.4 Cr 131 slope

-Jerry

Today I shot a 73 which is my lowest round playing with a group. I was striking the ball excellently and missed hardly any fairways. I missed a lot of par and birdy putts that I should have made. But another guy in my group shot the same score and we tied the course low round of the year so far so it was good.

My son scored his best today on the 3rd week of the season.

Brookside Course 2 Blues (Par 70, 68.9/122): 84

I'm still recovering and doing yoga and pitching and putting.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

yesterday could only play 9 but shot a 44 par 37/3209 yds but 70-119 slope rating. They converted a par 4's into one of those par 4/5 the tee boxes are only 10 yds apart. Avg drive 171(using Wilson smart-core cheapo balls), straight but way short, 3gir, 5/7 fairways. the course was littered with balls from years past? with the vegetation gone/dead found a couple Hi-end Pro v's etc. I am 11 strokes better on first three 9 hole rounds of the season compared to last year, at this rate I should be shooting high 70's in may...

Two birdies made it a bit better.

Three three-putts, a penalty, and a trees-to-trees sequence made it a lot worse.

+10 thru 9, so I managed a good second nine at +4 (par 70). That's always nicer than the reverse situation!

And only 10mph winds.  Nice!

49/44 (scored better on the harder course). The 7 I got on the second hole didn't help.

Didn't shoot that great, but at least I got my swing back .

Played the first 5 holes on Brookside course 2 (rated 68.8/122) then the other 13 on course 1 (rated 72.9/130).

Around the 7th hole, I was getting my drives back, then on the 13th I got my 4 iron back again (over hit an uphill green from 182). After this my 8 iron was my 150 club again. Now I can use the MP32 with the stiff KBS. All 6 GIR I got were after the 9th hole, 3 of them with my 8 iron.

Anyone want to buy a set of MP33 with Xstiff KBS and Titleist 735 CM with Rifle 6.5?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

47/47 for 94..best march score ever...70/119 slope. nothing to write home about..except... bouncing a 119yd, sky high, wedge shot out of the cup, it went down the flag stick and bounced out of the cup probably 10 feet in the air and landed on the fringe. I have played this course probably 100 times and never saw anything like that. Even the Geese (my gallery) thought it was amazing honk, honk they jeered..closest to a hole in 3 on a par 4 for me..I chipped, and putt, putted the hole for a DB. I also passed a whole crew of Gollums fishing "precious" golf balls out of the castle moat. I already got the pro v1's & others out of the moat last week. ..at least they let me play around them while they were foraging for their Easter eggs...Hurrah for spring.

• Upvote 1