IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

An 82 and it was not flash at all. Only hit 2 fairways all day off the tee. But then again I only ave 6 so thats not so bad. Couldn't buy a putt but we all those sorts of days

Played a quick (1:30) nine yesterday in a steady, chilly rain. Only one on the course. It had just started to rain after a couple dry weeks, so the fairways and greens were still firm. Shot a sloppy 40 (par 35) with one bird. Only 13 putts, or score would have been worse. Hit the ball great off the tee, but couldn't dial in distances with irons. I blame the rain. Nuked approach shots over three greens, left two short.

But happy with my ball-striking, and the chance to play on a Friday in April (though it's snowing here now...).

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ho-hum even 35 with 2 birdies and a double bogey. Missed two birdies within 5 feet though. The first I thought I hit the right putt so I wasn't too concerned with the miss, although it would have been nice to make it of course. The second one I missed, I just kinda got up there and hit at it... Had two really good up and downs from bunkers though. And was hitting the ball the way I wanted as well. So, it was pretty satisfactory for me.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Nightmare day. Started well with a good drive off the 1st tee. After that i should have gone home.

Lots more practice needed, especially as my aim for this year is to break the 100. Not so long ago i hit a 110 on the same course, so i know i can do it with a bit more practice.

This is unbelievable. There were 6 inches of snow here this weekend. It was so crazy they actually sent the Weather Channel here. Obviously I didn't get to play. Wednesday it was 84 degrees, yesterday the high was 34. Oh well, it's supposed to get back into the high 50's by this weekend. It better. My league starts Wednesday night.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator

My league starts tomorrow!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Check this place out!!!

http://pelicanhill.com/flashindex.asp

It's located in a lush part of the Orange County called Newport Beach. Think the TV show The OC, and this would be where the characters would play. I even think they've shot a few of the panaramic views for the show at this place. $175/person, and worth every penny. Of course, a member at my course paid for me though... Some of the estates in the hills of this course were out of control. Not to mention the views of the Pacific Ocean on every whole. Absolutely GORGEOUS!

I played the North Course and shot a 2 over 73. Not bad for my first time there. Hit some nice irons, didn't get myself in any huge trouble off the tee, just the putts. Them damn greens had me fooled. Had two foolish 3-putts early in the round. Greens were really tricky to read. I missed about 4 putts that I should have made. And I mean missed them entirely, just total misreads.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'm not a "cali" person at all. But if I lived in Newport beach I'd be in heaven! You gottal love costa mesa and Balboa Island. Killer. Ever eaten at "original pizza" down there? Awesome. We should hook up sometime when I'm in the area!

• Administrator
Check this place out!!!

Danielle of BBIII is from Newport Beach. I'll try to stay far, far, far away.

I shot 42 today in some of the most horrific winds you'll ever see, and with no warmup. Double bogey, bogey, double bogey, bogey - then I hit ever fairway, every GIR, and two-putted everything to finish with five pars in a row.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Media Guru, you shot a pretty good round in my book but I'm reletively new to playing regular golf. Just wanted to report that my scores are falling like crazy. I managed a 43 on the back nine of my course a couple of weeks ago with my second birdie on a short par 4 (which I may have reported already). I finished that up on the front nine with a 45 (and struck the ball horribly particularly on the last three holes) and yes, I took a couple mulligans but man am I one happy golfer. Things are really coming together for me. I'm starting to have some good expectations when I get out on the course.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Mulligans? Hmmm... If you use a mulligan it is not a real score. If you are simply practicing during a round and hitting a few shots from different places for practice that's another thing.

I'm not a "cali" person at all. But if I lived in Newport beach I'd be in heaven! You gottal love costa mesa and Balboa Island. Killer. Ever eaten at "original pizza" down there? Awesome. We should hook up sometime when I'm in the area!

As much as you aren't a Cali person, I'm not an OC person. I don't venture sown there all that often. But yeah, If you're even in L.A. shoot me an email and I'll have you come play out at my place...

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Mulligans? Hmmm... If you use a mulligan it is not a real score. If you are simply practicing during a round and hitting a few shots from different places for practice that's another thing.

OK, OK... You caught me. I just got a little ahead of myself there. I'll not post anymore fantasy scores here. But man is my happy place nice.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
OK, OK... You caught me. I just got a little ahead of myself there. I'll not post anymore fantasy scores here. But man is my happy place nice.

I realize the rules of golf say this is bad, but sometimes I'll hit a second shot from where I hit one. I

always play the first shot - never the second, which is almost always better, of course - and sometimes I still post the round as a handicap round. But always playing the first ball. It's tough to say "Uhhh, that one might be unplayable or lost, I'm hitting a provisional."

• Administrator

How do you shoot 38 with no birdies and one GIR? 12 putts, that's how.

First hole, failed to get up and down, bogey 6.
Second hole, sand save, par 4.
Third hole, up and down, par 4.
Fourth hole, failed sand save, bogey 4.
Fifth hole, up and down, par 4.
Sixth hole, sand save, par 5.
Seventh hole, up and down, par 3.
Eighth hole, GIR!!! Two putts, par 4.
Ninth hole, up and down, par 4.

Granted, I was only missing greens by a few yards, and usually short and thus in the fairway type area, and I putted a few of those "up and downs," but I also sank a few 10+ footers, too. Like the one on six.

Fairways? 5 out of 7. Missed the second just right and the sixth way left. Then hit a gorgeous cut 3W to get nicely back into play.

As much as you aren't a Cali person, I'm not an OC person. I don't venture sown there all that often. But yeah, If you're even in L.A. shoot me an email and I'll have you come play out at my place...

Ditto if you're ever up here in Utah.

Played 4/26:
Par 4: 357 : 3W right, punch, green, 2p
Par 4: 430 : D left, wedge over trees to fringe, chip, 2p
Par 3: 205 : 5i left, flop, 2p
Par 5: 515 : 5W right, 5W, 8i to fringe, chip, 1p
Par 4: 349 : 3W right, wedge to fringe, 2p
Par 4: 439 : D fwy, 9i green, 2p
Par 3: 203 : 3i fringe, chip-in, 0p
Par 5: 540 : D left, green, 2p
Stats for front 9: 1/7 FWY, 2/9 GIR, 13 Putts, Score : +2 38
Par 4: 340 : 3W fwy, wedge green, 2p
Par 3: 165 : 6i green, 3p
Par 4: 417 : D right, punch out, chip, 1p
Par 4: 316 : 3i fwy, wedge, 2p
Par 5: 547 : D left, GIR, 3p
Par 4: 330 : 3W fwy, wedge green, 2p
Par 3: 175 : 7i short ,chip, 1p
Par 4: 423 : D long (water), wedge green, 2p
Par 5: 584 : D right, GIR, 2p
Stats back 9: 3/7 FWY, 6/9 GIR, 18 putts, score: +3 39
Total : 4/7 FWY, 8/18 GIR,31 putts, +5 77.

with 74.1 rating I guess that's respectable....