IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Saturday, June 2nd.

43-36=79

This was the best I have played in a while and if not for a bogey, double bogey, double bogey on 7, 8 and 9 my front score would have been much better. The biggest difference right now is my iron play, which hasn't felt this good in at least a couple years. My improved iron play as been sort of inspired by the "stacked swing" article in Golf Digest. While I'm not "stacked" so to speak, it got me back to doing some of the things I have done well in the past. I made a few putts, and while I still left plenty out there, I didn't shoot myself in the foot on the greens. I can't recall a single three putt and it was nice to actually have a decent amount of looks at birdie (I made two). My driving was pretty good but I did hit a few erratic tee shots that cost me. Not going to dwell on the negative though as this is the best I've felt in a while. 36 on the back felt so simple. I didn't even realize it until the end (although obviously I knew I had a good nine going). I did par the last three holes and in the past, knowing I had a good round going I would tend to fall apart.

Also shot a 39 for nine holes the day before. Different course, easier, but nonetheless I'm happy with the direction my game is going.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

• Administrator
Shot 78 yesterday before going to the final round of The Memorial. I parred every hole on the back nine (basically) but finished the front with two doubles. It was primarily the nassau format that got me on those holes as we owed strokes and I felt I needed to birdie. The opponents played right around their handicap.

We finished the back even despite playing well. Oh well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 72 yesterday. I'm getting ready to play in the Northern Nevada State Match Play Qualifier at this course, but 72 isn't going to get it done.

I had four bogies on the front nine, but still managed to post -1. Back nine I had just as many bogies and posted +1. Go figure.

My putting was money yesterday. 28 total putts. Third time I've ever been under 30. If I can repeat this putting performance and avoid the bogies, I'm easily going to qualify.

Here's to hoping!
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

I shot 42 today at the same course as last time, but I had one of the worst putting days ever, I don't think I hit ANY outside of 5 feet. I was absolutely rippppping the ball with my driver but managed to shoot 6 over with 2 doubles because I just couldn't make any birdies even when I gave myself a couple of good chances (<15 feet).
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

The best I have ever scored on my home course is an 86. I've come close to scoring better, but one ot two errant shots keep me from breaking that barrior. Yesterday was no different. I made 8 pars yesterday morning and I was en route to a smooth 83, if only I could par the easy, short par 5 18th. I've done it lots of times. But this time: my tee shot sails left and lands behind a tree; second shot out into the fairway, topped the third shot, fourth shot for position, fifth shot over the water and hits the green but, DOH!, rolls off the back, sixth shot is a chip that rolls to the pin, hits it and trickles by about four feet, seventh shot ( groaan! ) just misses and a tap in for a snowman. Ergo, an eightysix. Bleehhhh! But, oh, the pars on #3 and #9. Ah, laddies, the stuff of which dreams are made! Some days I feel like Sysiphus rolling the rock up the hill.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

I shot a 39, making 6 pars and 3 bogeys at Bonneville Golf Course (slc, ut). I had a lot of easy opportunities but I managed to Bogey the last 2 holes by missing 2 different rather easy 3 footers. I think my putting game needs some serious help, it seems to be especially shaky lately.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

I shot an 83 today, hitting 8 fairways and 5 greens with a total of 31 putts. Pretty solid round, used my new driver (Titleist 983k) and it was awesome. I don't know if there's a better feeling than ripping a 300yd+ drive right down the pipe and hitting wedge into a 415yd hole.
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

I shot 80 yesterday. Third straight round in the low 80s. Although it's close to my cap it was a very scrambly round. I only hit 3 greens and 6/14 fairways. The lone bright spot was my putting (had 28 putts) and I made 7 of 12 up and downs for par. Still I had one 3 putt on the last hole of course. All in all not to bad but still more room to improve, I can't wait to get out again on Friday.

Played a par 3 at lunch today - took exactly an hour. Shot 37 - 2 birdies, 1 par, 3 bogeys, 1 double, 1 triple, 1 quad. 3 Freaking penalty strokes! 14 putts, 4 of 9 GIR. 2 3-putts. The greens were hilariously slow - they were mowed to the length of the fringe on most courses. Some bright spots, and some horrible miscues. Both birdies were from about 10 ft.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

48+47 = 95 at Whispering Pines, down in Myrtle Beach. The place lives up to its name, there are heavily wooded areas on both sides of nearly every fairway. My driving was better than usual - I think I hit 9 or 10 fairways - but errant tee shots cost me dearly, as hitting into the pine forest was a quick ticket to a 7 or 8 on the hole.

The story of me in the pine forest was a comedy and tragedy all in one. I wondered whether I was hitting a golf ball or Ping-Pong ball, with all the trees I'd hit with my punch shots. One time, I punched it out of the left trees, only to end up in the right trees. (Another punch shot landed me within wedge range, but behind another tree.) Another, I punched out, pinged a tree, came straight back at me and ended up in an "environmentally sensitive area" which was a lucky break for me, since it said "free drop". (For my own sake, I dropped the next ball in the fairway.

Between being stuck in trees and skuling all my chips, I racked up a pretty high score.

Gonna keep playing the rest of this week, and see what happens.

The greatest thing I've seen in a while, though, I saw on the scorecard. They had written in a "par time", basically, how long it should take you to complete each hole. They regularly had rangers out to keep slow players moving, and I had little to no waiting on tee boxes (total time taken: like, 3:30, I think).
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Administrator
80 at Whispering Woods, blue tees. Not an easy course, but I'm starting to figure out what some of the yardages are and what clubs to hit where.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

We had our three club match last night, I chose three wood,six iron and eight iron. I putted with the three wood and shot a 41. I also had a two shot penality for hitting the wrong ball on the last hole.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

40+56 = 96 at The Witch, about 10 miles inland from Myrtle Beach. I did good on the front nine, only losing one ball and otherwise shooting really close to par on most holes. My driving was pretty straight and averaged 250 yards. I still struggled with skulled chips, but I landed in the sand only once (plugged under the lip of a fairway bunker, leaving me an awkward sideways shot where I had to stand above the lip and almost kneel with my wedge).

I think I wilted in the scorching South Carolina heat and humidity after making the turn. The sun came out, I lost my concentration, shirt soaked through, you get the idea. The mishits multiplied, I missed some putts really badly, and put a few balls into the swamp, racking up some big scores in the process. I ended with a long string of painful doubles and triples to end the back nine with a 56. It was with some relief that I got to my car and blasted the A/C. Not so sure if I want to keep playing - I felt like I might've died out there.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

not today, but last night i shot a 41, 5 pars, 3 boge's, and a double... hit OB on a 460yd par 4, took double... missed alotta oppurtunities including a lip-out birdie on the last hole

In My Bag
Driver: TaylorMade R11 9*

3-Wood: Ping Anser 14.5*
Hybrid: TaylorMade Superfast Burner 18*
Irons: Ping i20 PW - 4

Wedges: Ping Tour Pro Rusty 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Ping Anser

Balls: Titleist Pro-V1s

Sunglasses: Oakley Flak Jacket (golf specific)

Bag: Ping Hoofer

Course: Alliance Country Club

Yesterday was a golf filled day. I played 9 early on and shot a 47. Later i played 18 and shot a 90. I was pretty happy with the improvement.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

• Administrator

76 in super-windy, super hot conditions. Played in two hours. I haven't done the stats yet, but I had all of one birdie - the only putt I made over about five feet. At Whispering Woods, too, so that came out to a 3.0. Very happy... even though it could have easily been a 72 with a few 15-footers.

The Walker Golf Course

40 - IN 44 - OUT

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom