IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

95 at the home course yesterday... could have been better. Actually 4-freakin-putted a par 3 for a 5. Lately my game has been like this: quad, triple, birdie, par, par, par, bogie, double, par, par, wash, rinse, repeat. I am the king of inconsistency.

In the Ogio stand bag

909 D2 w/ VooDoo S
15.5* 906F4 w/ Aldila VS Proto 80S
3DX DC 3 HybridFP 4-GW56* and 60* Vokey SM wedgeSophia putter

Shot 77 lastweek and then shot 82 this week....

Couldn't drive to save my life, I went to the range yesterday and I think I figured it out....alignment issues.

Going on a 4 day golf trip this weekend, I hope I remember to work my alignment step into my pre-shot routine.

Shot 44 on the front 9 of my local muni. Not bad considering it was in a thunderstorm. Three birdie putts that all burned the edge of the cup. Four pars total. Snowman on a par 5 (tee ball OB), one dub & four bogeys. I usually shoot around 40 on the front & anywhere from 42-50 on the back. Hoping the course isn't flooded for my back 9 tomorrow! -LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

I played a quick 9 after work and shot a 47 (par 36) on the front nine of my local course. Pretty good for me considering I still struggle with an inconsistent drive and am still trying to break 100 on a full 18...

Btw, just recently found this forum and I'm enjoying it a lot!

What's in my stand bag:

X-16 SW, PW, & Irons
Halo 3 & 5 hybrids
Big Bertha '07 3-wood FT-5 Draw 10 degree Old Skool Isopur blade putter

Shot a 43 on Monday....The weather was horrible, 51 degrees and had rained most of the day. I was trying a new ball for me too....I lost 10 - 15 yards per club with the new ball vs the old ball. New ball Nike Ignite....old ball Nike Power Distance. Not sure how much was due to cold weather and no roll due to wet grass and soggy ground. I did putt much better though with the new ball...So far this year three out of four league nights have been poor weather!!

Any ideas about the ball issue would be helpful, thanks!!

Played pretty bad. Ended up with a 86... Shot 44 on the front, and played just as bad on the back but birdied the 18th. So at least I ended on a good note. I felt pretty good as I reached the 18th (a par 5), in 2 with a 3 wood off the tee, and another 3 wood to get their, which I had to cut around a group of trees in order to find the green. So maybe that will carry over into 2maro's round

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

High school golf team tryout, probably made the team played horrible. See my other thread.

35(+1) 44(+9) 79
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Played pretty good today, a lot of Greens in reg... Shot a 38 (+3), birdied the 1st... Thats matches my BP, missed a lot of putts though, and 3 putted twice.... Need to keep working on my short game.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

Played the back 9, hit my usual terrible 53.

I need to continue practicing my whole game, it will come with more work. I had a couple of great shots. After mis-hitting a tee shot into the woods on a dogleg right, I whacked a perfect 6 iron shot through a 10 yard wide corridor of trees right out onto the fairway and placed an 80 yd PW shot onto the green 15 feet from the hole. Lipped a gorgeous breaking R-L putt and made the 2nd putt for bogey. Also made a simply gorgeous drive right up and over the middle of the fairway hill on 16 some 260 yards, dropped my 2nd shot into the green for GIR with the PW, and missed my strongly R-L downhill breaking birdie putt by 10 inches. Made a very rare, easy par!

I had a couple of blow-up holes, namely the 15th and 18th which were an 8/5 and an 8/4. Most holes I manage to bogey with some double bogeys. Pars are very rare for me, but I'm working on them! I need more fairway drives and GIRs. Far too many mis-hit drives and mis-hit 2nd shots.

For the second straight league night we were rained out. That now makes us 0-2.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

84 today at The Hamptons(Links/Lakes). +2 on the front +11 on the back. Sure wish I could keep it going from the front to the back nine.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Played nine this evening and shot a 40 on a par 35 nine.

Hit the ball good, but my putter was on fire.

Will be at the course all day tomorrow and see what happens.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

Hmm... this is on page 288. We shouldn't have a page 288; it's two [sic] gross.

Stupid puns aside, I shot an 88 (43-45) today, which included a whiff. I was standing in a fairway bunker, hitting off the grass above. I hit with my 3H, and missed. Then I knocked it 30 yards ahead. Then I hit my 5-iron to a foot of the pin, and made a great bogey-5.

Holes 6-8, pars via GIR. Hole 9, GIR and 4 putts. Holes 10-18, all sorts of bogey. Killer drive on 18, a par-5. 250 yards to go. Why did I even hit a hybrid when I could have gotten home with 6-iron 9-iron and taken every piece of trouble on the hole out of the equation? I got greedy.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

All i can say is that I need to improve my accuracy off the tee, and work intently on my chipping and pitching. Good notes were that I had great distance off the tee, and hit my irons pretty good. But if I miss a green, look out!

Gona walk 18 tomarow and see what goes down. Im gona practice chipping for a while befrore I play, so my goal for tomarow is just to shoot something under an 82 (+10)

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

Got a twighlight 9 in at my local muni today. I never really felt comfortable off the tee, but I scrambled pretty well--shot 40 for the 9 with one dub, two bogeys & six pars. I had 5 GIRs, but only 2 feasible birdie putts, both of which I hit with my purse... -LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

96, getting better!

Today I went straight out and did not hit any range balls first.

I did not take a single practice swing for 18 holes. I just lined up my shot and fired away. Not sure if this helped or hurt but I sure felt OK.

I killed quite a few drives right to the middle of the fairway. The rest of my good drives ended up just a couple of feet to either side of the short stuff. I hit 2-3 GIRs, which is quite good for me, but the area of my game that needs the most improvement is chipping/pitching accuracy.

Often, I would miss GIR by just a few yards, and then completely flub my pitch up onto the green and leave myself with a 15-20 foot putt for par (followed by a 2nd putt for bogey). If I could get myself closer to the pin all those times that I miss the green I'd be shooting much lower scores.

Got in a twilight nine, just got back... shot 41, which was pretty good considering the triple I got on the first hole... As usual, I came on after 3 holes, and started playing pretty well... Made a 10 foot birdie putt on 5, and got up and down really well on 9 after blading my second shot about 20 feet past the green...

I can shape it really well w/ my 3 wood off the tee, but my driver I have a hard time hitting a draw or fade on demand... It's coming along nicely though, this is my 1st season in nearly 4 years of serious golf.... Not sure why I quit playing, I'm having a blast.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

My brother and I ended up playing behind a Fivesome last night. And they wouldn't let us through! We were walking off the green toward the tee box as they finished hitting their terrible tee shots. So we ended up waiting at least 10 minutes on every tee box. Like it wasn't cold enough!

Anyway, enough with the rant already. I shot a 44 last night. With a triple bogey on the last hole . Rolled my tee shot and had my ball down in some thick rough for my second shot...rolled that one too. Hit a nice 5 wood out of the rough on the next shot, chip and three putt. Was playing really well from tee to green (9 being the exception)....three 3 putts. Argh!