IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I broke down and bought a yearly membership this morning, so I'll be updating this topic quite a bit over the next 12 months. I shot another 85 this morning, with nines of 41 and 44, respectively. I triple bogeyed the 17th, or it would have been much better. Nonetheless, I was pretty happy with some parts of my game (much improved chipping) and wasn't as happy with some other parts (driving was inconsistent).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
73 at Lake View . Had two birdies on 9 and 10, but I couldn't even get a skin within my group. On 10 a guy getting two made 5, and on 9 a guy getting one made a tricky up and down for a 4.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

shot 76 today in windy and rainy conditions for our clubs opening tournament, 4 over after 14 holes thinkin im in good shape for the win, bogeyed 15 16 and lost by one, with a 20 foot birdie chance on 15...great way to finish ha

I shot my dog today. Actually I shot 78, not that great but considering I triple-bogeyed the first hole to lose a skin to a 30 handicap, I'll take it.

My draw is your cut.

My bag-
Driver- Callaway X460 Tour. 9.5 degree, Fujikura stiff.
3-Wood- Taylor Made V-SteelUtility- Nickent 3DX 17 degreeIrons (3-PW) Ping S59'sWedges Cleveland 900 series 58 degree, Titleist Vokey 54 degree SWPutter- Scotty Cameron Circa #2Ball- Taylor Made Tour Red

I shot a 42 on 9 today. That was my best ever. I normally shoot a 44-47 but my irons were working better then normal today even though I couldn't hit my 3 wood worth anything.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

played 9 holes, was +5 after 7 holes and finished off strongly with an 8 and 9 on the last 2 par 5s, thus scoring 48.

the practice with irons is showing results, but now would be the right time to get a new club to cover the gap between driver and 3 hybrid. will also consider adding a 60' vokey spin-milled.

Taylormade R5XL Plus - Regular
Nike CPR 3 22'
Callaway X-14 Pro Rifle Stiff
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56'
Mizuno Bettinardi

Shot ANOTHER +10 over 18.

Do I love the consistency? yes. Am I becoming impatient to start getting into the 70's instead of 80-82 every round? Like you wouldn't believe.

My irons and swing feel so good and have been the same all season. I just can't link good putting and driving with it yet. Putting is average and driving is terrible.

In my Hoofer:

Driver: Big Bertha Warbird 9*
3Wood: Big Bertha
Irons: Eye2 BeCu 2-PWWedges: 56 & 60 RTG 588Putter: Sedona

Just played a 66 course and shot a 85. 45 on the first 9 - 40 on the back. Not a long course filled with Par 4s and a few mis hit shots but I am so pleased with the progress I am making. I just want to focus and continue to improve my game.

Shot an even par 72 today. Had a chance to have my best round of the year but pulled hooked one out of bounds on 17 and wound up with a double bogey. But one of my best scores none the less. I'll take even par every day.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Shot 41-41 on my "home course" local muni. Nothing spectacular, but starting to see the results of my dedication to the game. 9 fairways, 8 GIRs, 7 pars, 8 bogeys, 2 dubs & a lone bird. Second-best round of the year (shot 39-41 on Saturday), so I'm working toward my goal of single-digit hcp by summer's end. -LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

I shot 3 over today... and I had 4 birdies!!! bahhh!!! darn you water hazards! LOL

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

Had my best round ever today, by quite a bit. I only play 9 holes at a time, and today only had time for the executive course (par 30). I've never broken 45 on a regular 9 hole before (best was 46, +10). Today I had an honest 36 (+6, no mulligans, no gimmees). Even more amazing is that I tripled the first par 3, then had 5 pars and 3 bogeys the rest of the round. Only one three putt. Hit my driver on all the par 4s and they were all good distance and in play. It wasn't that I was dropping long putts to save par or anything, just was playing solid golf. Everything feels like it is coming together.

I love this game.
greg

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

shot a 37 (+1) on the home course today, drove the ball straight, hit some pretty decent long iron shot and putted pretty well... I'm just waiting for my 1st under par round, I was 1 under for a little while then went bogey bogey... My play improves everytime out though, what more can you ask for.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

Pretty poor 103, I think I 2-putted every hole and 3-putted lots of them - I have a wicked slice in my driver right now, but I'm hitting my irons quite well. need lots more practice with 3-wood and hybrids before I will feel comfortable playing them, everytime I pull them out of the bag they screw me for several strokes. Much better off hitting my 5-iron. Made one birdie today, and got up and down on several greens just to leave birdie and par putts short or miss by two inches.

I only keep track of my score informally, I do write down fairways hit, GIR, and number of putts, but I really don't have good ballstriking yet. Still working on the basics.

shot 69 which is +5 on my home course
probably should update my handicap cause currently im sand bagging pretty harsh.
(not on purpose just havent updated it this year.)

Shot 44 in my league last night. My partner and I won our match 16-6.
2 Pars, 6 bogeys, 1 triple. 4 FW, 3 GIR, 18 putts.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...