IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

84......45/39. Took forever to get it going. Putted well. Four penalty strokes. Swing is getting there. I'm encouraged. Not sure I've ever hit that few fairways or greens and shot that low. Not that 84 is low. Can't wait to get back out there!!

I played on Sat, 05/31, and shot an 86. I have to say it was pretty disapointing, especially the front. (I went 46/40). The last 4 rounds for me have been 77-80, and my handicap has dropped from a 10 to below 8...looks like it's on it's way back up now though! I had not played in 3 weeks, maybe that had something to do with it since I didn't have any feel for the first 5 holes or so.

I broke 100 for the first time EVER today. 53-46 and that was with a disaster 6 on a par 3 final hole (played the back nine first).

That may not seem like much to you guys, but it's a psychological barrier I was stoked to have broken through.

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

81. 42/39 Couldn't make a birdie putt to save my life. Good news was that I had a lot of tap in pars.
In my bag
Driver: Burner 460 9.5°
Fairway: V-Steel 15°
Utility: Rescue Dual 16°, 22°
Irons: 755 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey 50°, SM 56°, SM 64°Putter: Newport 2 Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1

I broke 100 for the first time EVER today. 53-46 and that was with a disaster 6 on a par 3 final hole (played the back nine first).

Congratulations.

In my bag
Driver: Burner 460 9.5°
Fairway: V-Steel 15°
Utility: Rescue Dual 16°, 22°
Irons: 755 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey 50°, SM 56°, SM 64°Putter: Newport 2 Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1

74....38/36. I had an 8 on hole #7, that didn't make me too happy. Good round overall though. If you want to read about it...

cincygolfers . blogspot . com (no spaces)

40-40-80 (+9) It was a windy one in Jersey today. I'll take it, I thought I played pretty well.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

85: a personal best. Differential of 14 is going to help that handicap (June 1 recalculation was 20.4 ; if it got recalculated tomorrow, it would be 19.3).

Started with 7 bogeys, then on #8 hit my 8-iron approach to three feet. I panicked - I'm not used to short birdie putts yet! - and missed. Didn't even threaten the cup, but sank the next one for a par. Bogeyed #9, a long par4. Made the turn at 44.

Someone's idea of a sick joke was to put holes hcp 1&2 consecutively at 9 and 10. #10 is a 438 yard (from the whites) dogleg right par-4 with a half-blind tee shot over water. Yours Truly gets a snowman on that hole - and it was too hot for one today! I had to melt that guy.

Hole 11, driver gap wedge to 8 feet, left my putt 3 feet short. Sank it for par.
Hole 12, short par-3. Hit my 7-iron, saw the tee do the end over end flip in the air, watched the ball land 4 feet from the hole. Read the putt: straight in. Sank it for birdie. Note that the product of the scores on holes 11 and 12 is the score on 10. How's that for a recovery?
Parred 13, 14, 15, and 17, with bogeys on 16 and 18 for a back-nine 41 (my best ever score for 9 regulation holes) and a final score of 85 (best 18 hole score).

So many mental errors today. A few bad club selections, mostly for chipping. Some great bounce backs for shots - following up a bad shot with a great one. And the panicking on short birdie putts. I need to get used to those if I'm going to get my handicap to the + range.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

73 (+4) (E) along with my first Even par 9, along with tieing my best 9, along with My lowest score ever. Had a 6 Ft putt for eagle today, in which I missed. 2 Birdies, 12 Pars, 4 Bogeys.

7 Fairways, 8 GIR's, 32 Putts.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Today was great. I played Tower Tee in St Louis, which I played EXTENSIVELY two summers ago (last time I worked in STL).

Tower Tee is a nice little par 3 course that has 18 holes, most of which are 75-110 yards, with some nice 130-165 yard holes thrown in. Lots of elevation changes and sloping greens.

Back in 2006, I didn't have a 75 yard shot, or a reliable 100yd shot in my bag, so I was choking down, half swinging, and basically pulling shots out of my ass. After playing there many times the lowest I shot was a 64-- ten over par.

Today I returned after two years and with a lot of short game work under my belt. Armed with my Pelz 10:30 swing, and my four wedges (PW 52,56,60) I shot a casual 62 with 28 putts. I was giddy on the many 60-110 yd holes which gave me so much trouble two years ago.

It was a real testament to hard work paying off. Because my Opera Career keeps me on the road and playing different courses, its hard to track progress. It was really nice to return to a familiar place and see IMPROVEMENT!!!!

Championship was closed for an outing. Played the Executive Par 3.

Had a rusty start off the tee. Par is 54. I shot a 66. Last 4 holes were best. Par, Chip in Par (a first!) Bogie, Birdie.

Beutiful day. But when i say rusty at first, i mean it.
I always need three or four holes to get into a grove...... that needs to be fixed.
I spent an hour at the putting green before going out. Really helped. That was my plan for the week. JUST PUTTING GREENS. But when you have the bug, you have to out and play.

Last Thursday I shot an 88 that coulda, shoulda, mighta been an 83. Yesterday, I shot an 89 that might have been a 99! Argh! Too many mistakes, especially out of the sand. I had a lot of good drives and had five pars, but also several double bogies that ate my lunch. My short game smacked me between the eyes.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

40 (5+) not to bad my driving is allover the place but im irons are on fire at the min!

Driver: D1 9.5 stiff (grafalloy blue)
Fairway: 975f 14.5 (stiff)
hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 degree
Iron: 690MB 3-PW (S300 dynamic gold)
Wedge: Vokey RAW 54, 60Putter: studio design 1Ball: ProV1 (or any found balls)Bag: Areo 2 (2.5lb ideal for carrying)Home course:...

i kno this is nothing to brag about, but i just started golfing a few weeks ago and it shows im improving. last week i golfed a 115 (61/54), and this morning i golfed a 111 (58/53)
In my Datrek Cart Bag (soon to be replaced):

Driver: Lynx 2008 Predator Ti (10.5*, Regular Flex)
Woods: Walter Hagen AWS (3 Wood)
Hybrids: Walter Hagen MS2 Hybrids w/ graphite shafts (18*, 22*)Irons: Walter Hagen MS2 Irons w/ graphite shaftsWedges: 56* Taylor Made rac w/ steel shaft ; 52* Slazenger...

I was pathetic today. Game was a real mess.

89(70). 3 Fairways. 4 Greens. Wait for it... ... 37 freaking putts.

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Shot a +16 yesterday at Deerpark, Ireland. Sorry, can't remember the total par-age of the course but I could work it out....

I am happy enough with that score considering my handicap of 18

In the bag:

SX 9 reg flex driver
10.5 deg true temper steel shaft driver
R7 3 woodfatshaft "deep red" 3 woodderby cavity back iron set (3-pw)derby putter

Played a nice little track outside of Atlanta and shot my season best of 91. Maybe this will get me back to last season form. It seems to be taking forever. Amazing how when the driver puts me in the fairway(6/7 on front and 5/7 on back), I can score. I scrambled almost the entire round because my iron play was erratic, but only had 27 putts. Made a 35 footer for birdie, and lipped out a 30 footer for another.