IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a 45 in my league match last night. Typical score for me at this point in the season. Only got 4 points out of 12 because I played a sub to whom I gave two strokes and he beat me straight up 44-45.

Highlights: on successive long par-4s, hitting pure 185-190 3I shots from the light rough to the green/fringe. Overall ball-striking, while not as pure as last week, was consistent and I did not face any trouble all round.

Lowlights: putting was abysmal and probably cost me three strokes. From the upper tier of a two-tier green, on in regulation, I FOUR-putted the hole for a double bogey. First putt, downhill, I putted the ball OFF the green. And after being on the green in regulation about 20 feet away on the one of the afore-mentioned par-4s, I didn't even sniff the hole with my first two putts and walked away with a bogey.

Oddity (not that odd but still): my 45 was comprised of nine 5s. I bogeyed all five par-4s, double-bogeyed both par 3s, and parred both par-5s.

38 front
38 back nine
11 out of 14 fairways hit
8 out of 18 greens hit
29 putts
7 out of 12 up and down attempts
2 birdies
1 double boogie
4 boogies

In summary, I left 3 shots out on the course, if my up and down were better on 3 more attempts that were easy up and downs, I would have shot 1 over for a lost ball.

I was trying out a new grip and found my ball direction more consistent.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Played twice so far this week.

Monday the Players Club in Henderson. Shot 85. 7/14 FW's, 5/18 greens, 34 putts. My short game killed me. My ballstriking was horrendous. But, its was the first time I've played in about a month. Fighting a hook with my driver, which is weird for me since I normally hit a fade, which was really annoying.

Tuesday, I went to the driving range. I was really annoyed with my ball striking. I started playing with a forward press, and instantly my ball striking was there. I was hooking the ball anymore with my driver. Needless to say, I couldn't wait to get back on the golf course.

Wednesday at the McDonald's course in Evansville, shot 40 with 4 bogeys. Still wasn't putting well at all. I missed 2 birdie putts within 5 feet. All in all, I played well. Can't wait to get back out again.

In my bag:

DRIVER: 905T w/ Fujikura E360 Shaft
3 Wood 906 F4 w/ Aldila Proto "By You"
Irons: MP 30 w/ Rifle 5.5 Wedges Oil Can 50*, Vokey SM 54* and 58*Putter: C-06

90, best score ever so far. 38 Putts, this was really the only weak point with me. Six three putts, putted horribly on the back 9 as I started to lose focus, but everything else was solid. Using my cheap 5w while I await the arrival of new driver, I was getting some nice 225 drives that were straight (most important). Also had some success with lower irons, especially a 6 on a hole that I normally lose a ball or two hitting over water.

Played nine holes yesterday.

Shot 42/par36.

Didn't get to warm up and started off Double, bogey, bogey, double.

But was able to finish par, par, par, birdie, bogey (three putt... ).

If I recall correctly:

5/7 Fairways (one just off the fairway).
4/9 G.I.R.
18 Putts

Had some real bone-head shots on those double holes.

Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

• Administrator

One over at Whispering Woods, but I skipped holes 1 and 2 and holes 10 and 11 due to groups on the tees, so I had to post 75 (+3). 14 holes is a legal round, and 1 and 10 are handicap holes 1 and 2 respectively.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

87 (43/44)
drives were not very good today and putting with three 3 putts. My approach shots are getting much better so might go to the driving range get some well needed practice off the tee.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Today, I played the front 9 with my dad, and had to take a cart. I shot a 37 (+1). I started off with back-to-back birdies on opening holes. Then made an ugly double bogey on the 3rd. I short of the green in two shots after taking the wrong club. I hit a bladed the chip, and three putted from there. After that the round settled down and I ended up making bogey on another hole.

I'll try to redeem myself tomorrow morning.

In the Bag

SQ Dymo Str8-Fit 9.5º Driver
15º T-40 3-Wood
3-PW Victory Red Forged TW BladesSlingshot OSS SWOZ Blue Chip MalletPro V1

shot a 91 in the most gawd aweful round ive had in forever...
what was most embarassing about it was my buddy the teaching pro invited me along during a free lesson he was giving to a couple of his relatives...
it pretty much looked like i was the one that needed lessons...
im gonna blame the concrete fairways but the couple taking the lessons were hitting them pretty well...
the only thing that worked at all during the whole round was my putter... i was dropping them from all over... even had some off the green into the hole no putts... too bad i was saving bogey and doubles most of the time
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

89. Shot a 39 on the front, and a 50 on the back. Two quadruples and a triple killed me, but two birdies were my saving grace. Almost dropped one of those in for an eagle too.

90... Roland Barkau Memorial Golf Course...

In my bag:

Driver: Hypersonic t7 460cc w/ UST Comp Series 65
3 Wood: r7 Draw
3 Hybrid: Idea Pro4H-SW: Tight LiesGW: Tom WatsonLW: Bazooka JMaxPutter: Black Velvet 110 Gun MetalBall: e6+My Course:Roland Barkau Memorial Golf Course

Had a 39 for nine holes in my Thusday night league. Currently an 8 handicap in that league. 2 bogeys and a double but chipped in for birdie on the last hole. Had to give my opponent 5 strokes and lost totals by 1

In my BagBoy Griplok bag
Driver: Diablo 9 degree stiff graphite
3 Wood: Diablo 15 degree stiff graphite
Hybrid: Hb5 3 stiff graphite
Irons: FG Tour V2 stiff steel  S W: Harmonized 55 degree

Putter: Odyssey Teron

Ball: E6

GPS: UPro

One of my best rounds ever today, in a matchplay tournament. I won 6 and 4. Played on to finish all 18 holes.

It's a short 6 hole course with 3815 yards, par 63. Still it's a fairly tough course. At 4 of the holes you don't see the green you are hitting on. The greens are small, undulated and with hazards right behind. Very narrow and undulated fairways. Slicers are also heavily punished with OB on the right side of 3 holes and hazard on one.

I found the solution to fixing my slice and hit it straighter than I've ever had. My misses were in terms of a fade (over the top) or pull straight left.

2 holes were disastrous where I didn't finish, but posted 5 shots over par. Ended up at 78 shots (par is 63).

Fairways: 77,8%
GIR: 50%
Putts: 33
Scrambling: 22%

9 pars
6 bogies
0 doubles
2 triple or worse

Dropped me to hcp 16,9.

My disaster holes was a result of 1 shank with wedge, 1 with driver and another pull with the driver on the same hole.
Putter is doing fine, still some work to do, wedges work wonderfully.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I went and played this morning before it got too hot out there. I shot a -2, 70 (Par 72). I was bogey free going out in 35. Coming back in with a 35 as well, with 2 birdies, and 1 bogey. It was a fantastic round, managed to scramble well today, and didn't get try to force anything out there.

In the Bag

SQ Dymo Str8-Fit 9.5º Driver
15º T-40 3-Wood
3-PW Victory Red Forged TW BladesSlingshot OSS SWOZ Blue Chip MalletPro V1

Shot an 87 today. I actually struck the ball much better than usual, but the 42 putts I had really messed up my round.

My Bag:
Driver: R11

Irons: Titliest MB

Wedge: vokey
Putter: rosa

Balls: whatever I can find

I shot 115 and I was in and out. At times I was playing like I wanted to and other times its like i'd never seen a golf club.

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

absolutely the worst *%^&*&$%^!@ round I've ever played in my life. urghhhh so frustrating.