IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I played an absolutely terrible round of golf today. Managed to hit 6/14 fairways, but only 1 green. Ball striking was terrible and my swing was just off. I don't know what was off...but it was. I also couldn't compress the ball I was playing. I didn't really trust the guy at the golf store that sold it to me, but they were on sale and he said I would be able to compress it. Lesson learned.

Even as bad as I played, I still shot a legit 101.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

Yesterday I shot a 70 (1 under par, differential of -.4) at Juniper Hills, Riverside course.
Scorecard
Blog Post

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Today I shot a 78 (6 over par, differential of 4.8) at Highfields.
Scorecard
Blog Post

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Played in a tournament yesterday held by a supplier for work, it was a regional qualifying tournament for the main event held next month at a pretty flash course called Terrace Downs .

I started off pretty tentative, three putted first green for double bogey. But after I chipped in for birdie on the second hole (17th on the course) things started to come together better. On the front 9 it was a grind, the greens were so fast and I was playing my heart out. Bogey golf through all the holes and then a tripple on the 8th (Stroke 1) and I finished that nine with 17 stablefords. Then I started to turn it up on the back nine, bogey par bogey on the first three holes. Then came the final three holes, three par 5's in a row!! I duffed my first tee shot but salvaged bogey. Then had a good up and down for par on the next one. The last hole (the 15th) is the shortest par 5 on the course at only 410m (although is uphil and into a slight breeze). Hit two 3 woods to about 60m and then with my wedge stuck my ball 5 feet pin high. Sunk the putt to finish with a birdie and 22 points.

The top 8 scores got to go to Terrace Downs and I was 8th so better get out and do some more practice. Got 5 weeks!

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

My rounds are getting odd.

Front 9 was not so good. Shot 40.

Back 9 started with 2 pars.

On number 12 I had a Tin Cup hole. Par 5 - drive to left rough, left me 255 out. Went for it. Splash. Dropped at entry point. 4th stroke - 7 iron, chunk - splash. Drop. 6th stroke - thinned/toe hook - splash. Drop. 8th stroke - 7 iron to a foot-and-a-half, tap in quadruple bogey 9.

Then went birdie, par, par, par, birdie, par.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

At Mangrove Bay GC in St Petersburg today I shot an 89. My personal best on this course. that takes my HC to 22.9 for this year. Getting better all the time.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

Dare I say 91... I thought I played like junk, but somehow kept recovering with my chip shots and it made my putting better because of it...

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

Shot an 80 today at a local pasture course, but finally joined a course!

Gus
---------------

Ugh, shot 99 today. Not a good day.

Syncro bag
Superfast Burner 9.5° S driver
G5 4-PW irons
Burner '08 22° 4h
53° wedge 56° wedge iN Li'l Wack-E putter PD Long ballSlowly working on upgrading my old bargain bin clubs.

Played a scramble today at a cow pasture. Our team shot a -13 (58) to win by a stroke with 11 birdies and an eagle. We finished second last year, the first time any of us saw the course, a shot behind the 'club pro' and course members.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

85 (+15) - 35pts.

hit 50% GIR (personal record), but 35 (tied personal high record) putts.....

Picked up a couple pro V1x's in the birdie comp for my bird on 8th. Sunk it from 30' with a bit of L to R.

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.