IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I flirted with a +3 nine holes this morning. It was wet, and I'm in between two putters right now, so I ended up missing a few inside 5ft. Not something I do too often, but overall I managed the course better than I ever had. Kept a steady head, which helped me strike all my balls relatively well. It felt good to get around a golf course without thinning a bunch of shots and losing balls out right. Confidence booster for sure, hopefully I can keep it up.

Shot -3 68 at the Legacy Golf Resort in Phoenix, AZ yesterday with Andy Patnou and Jim Waldron.  It's the first 18 hole round I've played in about 2 months, so I'm very happy to post a score like that.  Worked with Andy a little bit on my swing recently, and attended a Stan Utley short game clinic last week which made me decide to narrow my putting stance.  I'm excited to keep working on a couple things and hopefully keep playing better!

• Upvote 1

86, The Diablo Octane Tour Driver is Awesome.

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

Solid -3, 67 at my home course today. Was a bit erratic with my tee shots trying to get a bit more umph. So I was swinging out of my shoes a bit. Hit some decent approach shots too. The star of my round was my putting, 25 putts! Missed only one putt that I should have made. But, if any of you were watching the Northern Trust Open, we have the same grass make-up as The Riv at my course, Kikuya fairways and rough with Poa Annua greens. I left myself a 4' downhill putt that wiggled right off the get-go. However, I obviously made a ton of putts from all sorts of lengths and breaks as well. Probably my best putting round in quite some time. All this running low on energy and fighting a cold.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Yesterday I played 27 holes at Eagle Glen.  I'm pretty frustrated with my scoring... I felt like I played a lot better than the score showed.  And believe I just need to get over a mental hump of believing I deserve to make birdies/pars as I missed several putts from less than 8ft and a few from less than 3ft.  Ugggh.

Eagle Glenn - 27 - 022012.png

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Time well spent with my two sons yesterday!

34 (par 29) at the local executive course. 1 of 2 FW with the 3W. 4 of 9 greens. 2 birdies, 2 pars, 3 bogies and 2 doubles. Putted OK, but everything else needs mucho work.

Blew up and shot a 91 from the tips at Brookside #1 course right next to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.  It'd had been 15 years since I Iast played there, had no business playing the tips, should've played the blue tees.  From the tips it was over 7,000 yards with a 500 yd, par 4 and a few over 450, really looooooooooooooong!

Originally Posted by Stevedore

Blew up and shot a 91 from the tips at Brookside #1 course right next to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.  It'd had been 15 years since I Iast played there, had no business playing the tips, should've played the blue tees.  From the tips it was over 7,000 yards with a 500 yd, par 4 and a few over 450, really looooooooooooooong!

What the heck?! Did you play the Pepsi Tour event?

That course is a serious pain in the neck! I've boycotted it! Its a nice course, I just always get super bad breaks there, bad lies, bad bounces, bad bad...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Originally Posted by Ben

What the heck?! Did you play the Pepsi Tour event?

That course is a serious pain in the neck! I've boycotted it! Its a nice course, I just always get super bad breaks there, bad lies, bad bounces, bad bad...

It really is a nice course, and I'd actually never played it before; thought I did, but actually played the shorter course 15 years ago.  I play mostly in Long Beach and Los Verdes golf course in Palos Verdes and wanted to venture out a bit.  My buddy who is a 6 handicap wanted to play from the tips, so like an idiot I followed his lead.  He ended up shooting 86, lol, and I wasn't much better at 91.  The price was right, $27 to walk on a Tuesday morning and the greens were pure, but at 7000 yards and 6700 from the blues a tad to long for me.

80 at Lakewood Country club today, 41-39.  Not to bad, brought it back after a few loose drives on the front nine that hurt me.

• Upvote 1

The snow finally melted off the front nine at my home course yesterday, and my 5 year old was bugging me to go golfing.  We played the front nine twice.  Unfortunately I left my phone in the car for the first nine.  Shot a 42 only hit 1 fairway and 1 green in reg.  Could land the ball on the green on your approach it would bounce 20 feet in the air and right off the back.  By the time we made it back to #1 it was 45-50 degrees and the greens had thawed out some.  Number 3 and number 5 I had less than 10 feet for birdie.  missed just left on 3, and a half a roll short on 5.  Left a chip 2 inches short on 6 perfect line.  And chipped to six inches on 8.

This winter I have been really focusing on my chipping and putting.  It looks like it is paying off.

Par 4 5 5 3 4 4 4 3 4 36
Gross Score
Over/Under E E E E E E E E E +0
Fairways Hit 5/7
Greens (GIR) 4/9
Putts 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 1 13
Chips 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 5
Sands 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Penalties 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

79 at my grandparents place. started off with 3 double bogeys then a birdie and then parred out the rest of the nine to finish with a 43 and on the back shot a 36. had my second eagle ever on that back nine but first ever on a par 4. I feel like my swing has always been there but now i feel like my game is finally coming together shooting an 80 followed by a 79 the next day. both days i played from the blues, 6300 yards then 6800 yards on the two different courses (east and west)

89 Today

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

87 yesterday with 12 GIRs (8/9 on the back 9).  Unfortunately, I three jacked 7 times!  LOL.  While working on lag putting is definitely on the agenda, so is working on my ballstriking.  Was off on my hip slide.  I'm not sure if I was sliding them back on my takeaway or just not pushing them forward enough to begin with.  Either way, the net results were the same; I had a slight pull/pull-draw, so I've gotta spend some time at the range to improve that swing path.  And, this was a contributor to all those 3 jacks on the green.  While I improved it enough on the course to hit more GIR on the back, it was still off.  When you're constantly 30+ feet (left and deep) of your target, you leave yourself a bunch of 40-50 footers.  The only time I didn't 3 jack was when the pin was on the left side of the green (I usually aim for the middle of the greens).  Oh well, I still had a great time because the course condition and weather were fantastic.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Yesterday I played a little 18 hole "Executive" course close to the house.  It is a par 68 18 hole course that is about 5800 yards.  The greens are small and it is very narrow.  Used a 2 iron on a lot of tee shots.  I shot a -2, or a 66 on that course.  I had 5 birdies and 3 bogies.  Wedges and putter were on fire.  Had a chip in too.  Fun day on the course.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

I played 2 x 18 on last  sunday . It has been a great round for a long time since i started my weight training at the  gym 8 weeks ago.

Here are the result for each nine  ( par 36 )

36 / 45 / 38 / 38 .

I have 4 birdies total , and missed one eagle putt on the par 5.

The last gym training with a PT before the game was on Endurance . Before this were more on weights. I got my swing back and swing much better than i used to.

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight