IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Had a 78 today (+6) at my home course. Not too bad seeing as how I haven't played in about 3 weeks. 31 putts though. Probably because I left my putter (its a belly) at home so I "borrowed" a 2-Ball from the pro shop and putted with the claw grip. Bogeyed the last 3 to ruin a good score. Probably shouldn't have switched from beer to rum at the 14th

• Administrator
79 today. Was working on some swing things the whole time, and was never very comfortable over any shot. Missed a few putts inside 15 feet for birdie or par a few times. Could have been better, but if 79 is my "bad score" these days, I'm happy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

79 today. Was working on some swing things the whole time, and was never very comfortable over any shot. Missed a few putts inside 15 feet for birdie or par a few times. Could have been better, but if 79 is my "bad score" these days, I'm happy.

I would take 79 for my "bad" score any day of the week.. I shot a stinkin 92 Tuesday for the worst round I have had at my home course EVER. I think I am getting worse the more I play. I am just not very comfortable from 30 yards and in. And a lot of cheap stupid strokes are being wasted every round. I should have easily been 82 instead of 92. But I sucked it up and took it like a man I guess. I need to try to get out today and get something going. I am in need of an overhaul....

I shot a hideous 87 today. I think I had too many swing thoughts going on after my club fitting/lesson on Thursday. I hit very, very few good shots, but a timely birdie helped out the wallet a little bit. This is only my fourth round this year, so a few more rounds and practice sessions should have me back under 80 regularly in a few weeks.

77 today. putting was horrible but still only had 28. Missed 4 from inside 6ft. Bad ball striking with only 6 GIRs. Was pretty happy though as I was +4 after 5 holes but then calmed down a bit

76 - not bad for the first full round of the season. It's weird, I hit the ball like sheit, but chipped and putted well. Isn't it the reverse, normally?

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

• Administrator

80 today. 41 on the front, 39 on the back, which really doesn't tell the story.

Hit the ball like crap on the front. Really had no idea where things were going. For example, on a 600-yard par 5 today.

Heel cut one about 280 in the left edge of the fairway (go go 905!). Dead top a 3W. Dead top it again. Total distance: I'm now about 400 yards from the tee.

Hit a big high push cut 4I right of the pin. Have a huge bunker and 5 yards of green to work with, ball is buried between clumps of grass on a 15° downhill lie. Hit it 8 feet past the pin. Sink the putt.

Perhaps the worst bogey I've ever made.

Then I get to the par-5 13th, playing dead into a breeze, about 540 yards. Hit a driver WAAAAAY right (push cut). Hit a solid 4I that catches a tree and goes right down. Chip back to fairway, now 215 from the pin on a massively sloping green. Hit the 503.H dead into the breeze, stick it to 20 feet, sink the putt for a par.

Up and down from 215? I'll take it.

But it was on that 503.H swing that I figured out what my problem was - I was a little hunched over at the shoulders. Bad posture - not a straight back. Played well from there on in but lipped out three putts for that 39. Nearly reached the par-5 17th with a Driver (hit it about 330) and a 230-yard hybrid. My chip - from left and a lower elevation of the hard green - somehow checked up and stopped dead. 8-foot birdie putt lipped out. The chip was all of 15 yards - how the shot stopped dead is beyond me.

But anyway, I digress. An 80 it was, and I really don't like that they moved the practice tee at my course to about 2/5 mile from the clubhouse (and well past the 1st and 8th tees). I almost never hit balls before I play now, and then it takes me 8-12 holes to find my swing thought for the day.

So, regardless of the walk, to the range it is. I must do it. 30 5Is after some loose wedges. Then tee off.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Another busy weekend...
After hours on the range on saturday - two rounds on Sunday ( 48deg, wind up to 40mph!): 82 (3 O.B. drives ), afternoon (once wind calm down a bit) 76. I'm tired.

Went out yesterday and fired a smooth 77. 39 on the front, 38 on the back. 2 birdies, 10 pars, 5 bogies and 1 double. I also mixed in a putt for eagle which I left about 7 feet short of the hole. Made the 7 footer for my bird.

The most interesting aspect of the round was actually seeing a deer standing on the green on #14 before I actually teed off. I don't have a picture of the actual event, but here is a picture of the hole where the deer was standing.

It was just one of those days when my irons were really clicking. I even had a 4 footer for birdie on one hole that I missed, so I could have gone even lower.

i3+ irons
G5 13.5* driver
G5 B60 putter
58 lob wedge
Revolution Tour ball

• Administrator

I hit shots well but couldn't score yesterday in perfect conditions. Shot 81. My "Pelz Wedge" game was dead on, but some greens stuck and others bounced like cement. I never got one of my "Pelz wedges" within 10 feet, and that alone accounts for about four shots.

Yesterday I was invited to play in a tournament at El Caballero Country Club out here in Tarzana, CA. El Cab has hosted the LPGA's Office Depot Championship up until this last year, and also hosts U.S. Open qualifying. The good news is, it was a best ball format so I got to play my own ball. The bad news, I had to play from the Whites... I must say, the whites definitatly provided a good challenge. A par 71, rating at 71.3 with a 131 slope.

The day started out in a light drizzle and I only got to hit about 20 balls to warm up. By about the 4th hole I had somewhat warmed up, and by the 8th hole the sun had come out and it turned into a nice day.

Shot a 2over 73. I hit some awesome tee shots, and some not so awesome long irons. I did have some oustanding pars though. About 5 super solid, "how the hell did I pull that off", par saves, which was really great.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
Today I played the back nine before my front-nine (nine-hole) Tuesday night men's league. I shot about 40 on the back. Hit some horrible shots but got some feet/shoulder alignment issues worked out. I still don't feel comfortable over irons. Too much of an arm swing.

But anyway... I was supposed to be an 8, and the guy I was playing was supposed to be a 5. So, 1.5 shots rounded up to 2. Good, I'd get a shot on 3 and 6. Or so I thought.

I had a rough start. I holed a long putt for a bogey on the first, he tied. I played poorly on the second and he took it by a shot. The third he birdied from 5 feet, and said my short putt for par was good - so I thought we halved the hole.

I won the fourth after a great pitch and he took two out of a bunker. I won the next when he double-chipped and I holed a snake for par. I thought I won the next with bogeys + my stroke. The thunder/lightning horn sounded, so we agreed to split the last three holes.

So he won the first three 1 up. I won the next three three up. We split the last three, and I would win the overall (3 to 1). So, 2.5 to 1.5.

Then he tells me "no, I'm a 6, you're a 5, you give me a shot. Meaning I'd have lost 3, he'd have won 6, and we'd be 2-2 as far as points. Bah! It's not worth raising a stink over half a point, but something's not quite right there.

Anyway, only played 15 holes, so, no actual score. But I was +2 after 6. So... say... 78 or so.

5/10/05 4:20pm tee time - 82 from the tips (71.3 rating). Couldn't make a putt. Really not into the game mentally, we were "jumping" all over the course, due to backups... I was just happy I got out on a beautiful day.

I'm chomping at the bit to play. I have not been out since last Wednesday. Sunday was Mother's Day and it is an unwritten rule at my house that I don't play that day. The weather was absolutely perfect all weekend. My league is tonight, but I can't play because my son has an art project that has been chosen to be on display tonight. Fortunately it will probably be a rain out anyway. My next chance to play will be Sunday and it is a 40% chance of rain. I just got a Scotty Cameron Laguna Mid-Slant Pro Platinum from a client and I can't wait to put it in play. I did get in some bunker and chipping practice Monday, but that's it. I need to make my millions in real estate soon so I can retire and play every day.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator
Shot 80 yesterday, but that's really not as bad as it seems. I had a 100-yard wedge several times and couldn't get it within 30 feet. Ridiculous. Mostly what killed me was that every time I missed the green, I was in such a weird spot that there's no way I could get up and down. Against a lip of a bunker, on a 45 degree downslope with no grass under the ball, that kind of thing. In nearly every case, three feet away was a great lie.

Oh well, that's golf! I hit the ball really solidly. Just working on getting my hips through impact properly. Short irons are suffering, currently.

I went out and played today on what was a beautiful Oklahoma day, without much wind too! So I had to take advantage of that chance, as it's been nasty here lately.

Anyway, I started off like a 40 handicapper it seemed, going +8 after the first 6 holes. Then I had three pars in a row to finish my front nine. So I went out in 43, which was much better than what it was looking like early on.

The back side I really looked halfway like a golfer. I either had 5 or 6 pars, I think 5. Then I had a couple bogeys and a double bogey. But overall, I came in with a 41. So much better than my 91 the last time out or whatever that awful score was. And my confidence was low after starting to poorly. But I definitely figured some short-game stuff out (got some new Vokey wedges and absolutely love em), and my putting game was phenomenal as well for me anyway.

I really think my game could start to come around a little and maybe I can creep down into the very low 80's before too much longer.

Felt good going +5 on my last 12 holes, that is for darn sure! But hey, it was a beautiful day, and my wife went with me. So can't get much better than that.

Nine after work yesterday.

9 greens in regulation, 18 putts. Hahahaaaa. Even par.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Snuck out for a quick Sunday AM 9 that turned out to be a struggle. But some good scrambling/putting helped me grind out a 40 (par-35) at Farmington Hills Golf Club. I was off-balance all day. Aside from good driver swings on the first and last holes, my tempo was crummy. And I was trying to negotiate a fairly new course with poor yardage markings on breezy day with new irons. So my approach shots were a guessing game all day. Only hit three greens as a result, but I just pretended I was Seve Ballesteros and tried to get the ball in the hole by any means. Did manage one sweet bird: On a 114-yard par-3 I played a hard PW that rode the crosswinds nicely and did a little drop-and-stop 10 feet above the hole. The downhill double-breaker tumbled in center-cut on it's last rotation. I'll try to remember that hole and block out the other 8 holes.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...