• Administrator
1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

This is Lee Trevino right?

Yes.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tommy Fleetwood

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Based on the latest tweets, looks like someone on the PGA Tour video staff better with camera angles.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Mickey Wright

Steve

Li Hao Tong

Steve

Harrington swinging out of his shoes. 

Steve

I can't help but think of Tin Cup in the trailer when he's got all those golf gadgets attached to his body in hopes of curing the shanks, lol.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Harrington - high pitch slow motion good angle

Steve

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Harrington - high pitch slow motion good angle

Yuck.

Conversation on iMessage:

DW: I like certain aspects but hate how he's making it tougher on himself than it has to be. He understands he needs to expose bounce but isn't choosing the best possible way to do it.

EB: I think it’s steep and manipulated a bit. Okay if you have a lot of time to practice it, but… not a big fan. I’d like to see the club work around a bit more.

BM: In terms of building a base pattern that offers the best chance of success in the most possible situations, I don't think that's where I'd start.

DW: I would say that Harrington's approach is suspect in that the wrist angles working in that manner are a must and I can't imagine trying to play standard trajectory shots in this manner. Forced to "cut across" the ball and release pattern has to be really good and practiced. I'd much rather see more "toe swing" and clubhead around while matching the pivot. Also would allow for so many more ball position and trajectories. 

EB: No real margin of error in his motion.

DW: So... if you use this approach to expose bounce, you limit yourself in amount of options and provide less room for error IMO.

• Informative 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

21 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yuck.

Conversation on iMessage:

DW: I like certain aspects but hate how he's making it tougher on himself than it has to be. He understands he needs to expose bounce but isn't choosing the best possible way to do it.

EB: I think it’s steep and manipulated a bit. Okay if you have a lot of time to practice it, but… not a big fan. I’d like to see the club work around a bit more.

BM: In terms of building a base pattern that offers the best chance of success in the most possible situations, I don't think that's where I'd start.

DW: I would say that Harrington's approach is suspect in that the wrist angles working in that manner are a must and I can't imagine trying to play standard trajectory shots in this manner. Forced to "cut across" the ball and release pattern has to be really good and practiced. I'd much rather see more "toe swing" and clubhead around while matching the pivot. Also would allow for so many more ball position and trajectories. 

EB: No real margin of error in his motion.

DW: So... if you use this approach to expose bounce, you limit yourself in amount of options and provide less room for error IMO.

How many of you would play him for money on short game? I get what you guys are saying though. It works for him but if someone without the talent as him tried to copy it they might struggle.

Edited by MuniGrit

Trollin' is the life

• Administrator
Just now, MuniGrit said:

How many of you would play him for money on short game?

At least two of us. Your point?

2 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

How many of you would play him for money on short game?

All of them. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

And yes, your edited post is a better take than the original.

Kind of a similar move to Brendan Steele. Not a fan of his move but I'd sure love to hit it like he does ;-)

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

8 hours ago, mvmac said:

Kind of a similar move to Brendan Steele. Not a fan of his move but I'd sure love to hit it like he does ;-)

Is he tall? Steele and Keegan Bradley set up in a similar way and they are on the taller side.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 3/9/2018 at 10:47 PM, mvmac said:

This is so wrong. WHY IS HE NOT LEFT HANDED!!!??? ;-)

That's just uncanuckian. :-D

I call horizontal flip!!!

Steve

• Administrator
3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I call horizontal flip!!!

Yeah, plus, everyone knows he's actually sponsored by GNIP.

Dead giveaway there.

• 2 weeks later...