Jump to content

226 posts / 37589 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Peter Whiteford, Challenge Tour. Interesting backswing - not sure if it's so steep because it's steep or looks like he wrist sets late.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Peter Whiteford, Challenge Tour. Interesting backswing - not sure if it's so steep because it's steep or looks like he wrist sets late.

The camera angle doesn't help.

It's not all of that, but it doesn't help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Couple of videos of 5'3" Mo Martin. While not the long hitter averaging just under 240 yds with her driver, she averages 89% fairway accuracy due to this consistent swing. (apparently embedding was disabled on this down the line video).

The camera angle is a slightly in front of her here making the ball look back.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

Couple of videos of 5'3" Mo Martin. While not the long hitter averaging just under 240 yds with her driver, she averages 89% fairway accuracy due to this consistent swing. (apparently embedding was disabled on this down the line video).

Embedding wasn't disabled. It embedded.

And I'd be pretty accurate if I was just hitting my hybrid from the tee, too. Shorter hitters tend to be more accurate. They can actually be less accurate (measured as the angle from the center) but hit more fairways because the ball isn't traveling as far.

She averages 233 yards… that's really short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 hours ago, iacas said:

Embedding wasn't disabled. It embedded.

And I'd be pretty accurate if I was just hitting my hybrid from the tee, too. Shorter hitters tend to be more accurate. They can actually be less accurate (measured as the angle from the center) but hit more fairways because the ball isn't traveling as far.

She averages 233 yards… that's really short.

I know, but she's only 5'3". I'm averaging about the same distance and would love that accuracy. Still it's a nice looking swing.

Edited by DrvFrShow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not really sure if this is a modeled on a real swing, and iffy if this belongs here, but it does come from the pro golf swings Twitter account and it's interesting to see the angles on hip, torso and shoulders.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...