IGNORED

We take the lowly screenshot for granted

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

CQq8X_RWwAAlpVx.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Heh, I just showed @saevel25 how easy it is to take different screenshots on OS X with shift-cmd-3 or -4 and the control and space bar modifiers. :-) Good timing!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Heh, I just showed @saevel25 how easy it is to take different screenshots on OS X with shift-cmd-3 or -4 and the control and space bar modifiers. :-) Good timing!

One of my most often used keyboard shortcuts on OS X. In WIndows, it's a bit unwieldy. You actually have to run an app. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Yep, use that one all the time. Like it a lot.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

One of my most often used keyboard shortcuts on OS X. In WIndows, it's a bit unwieldy. You actually have to run an app. 

I just click print screen.. Pretty easy..  However, since I do some manuals sometimes I use a cool program called snag it.  

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I just click print screen.. Pretty easy..  However, since I do some manuals sometimes I use a cool program called snag it.  

Print screen just does the whole screen, that's it.  OS X you can select a portion of the screen to capture w/just a keyboard shortcut. WIndows, you have to run Snipping Tool or SnagIt, pick an option, then you pick the area to capture. Every time. Gets tedious compared to OS X.

Steve

WIndows, you have to run Snipping Tool or SnagIt, pick an option, then you pick the area to capture.

... And tell it to save as ... Then tell it what to name it, then tell it that you really do want to save it.

Gets tedious compared to OS X.

2+ 

Craig

Print screen just does the whole screen, that's it.  OS X you can select a portion of the screen to capture w/just a keyboard shortcut. WIndows, you have to run Snipping Tool or SnagIt, pick an option, then you pick the area to capture. Every time. Gets tedious compared to OS X.

I just hit print screen, paste it into paint, trim as desired, then save in whatever format I want. It's not quite as easy I guess as if there was just a keyboard shortcut to save that area of the screen as an image, but it's not enough of a hassle that I would switch to OSX as a result of it.

• Upvote 1

I just hit print screen, paste it into paint, trim as desired, then save in whatever format I want. It's not quite as easy I guess as if there was just a keyboard shortcut to save that area of the screen as an image, but it's not enough of a hassle that I would switch to OSX as a result of it.

Of course not. Also on Linux, at least on the variants I've used, you have to run an app to get region capture. Whichever the OS, it's a lot better than using that funnel, and then waiting for your film to be developed and enlarged.

Now people screen capture video from computers screens or flat panels via their smartphones and in some cases, the quality is better than analog cathode ray TV. Just making the case we've come a long way. I'm remiss I won't be around for 100 more years to see what transpires. 

Steve

I'm remiss I won't be around for 100 more years to see what transpires. 

Maybe I'll just upload myself to dropbox.  (Hope they're still around then.)

Craig

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2015 at 2:54 PM, iacas said:

I knew about and use shift-cmd-4 but did not know about control and space bar modifiers, this I have to look in to. 

- Mark

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Braivo said:

I knew about and use shift-cmd-4 but did not know about control and space bar modifiers, this I have to look in to. 

Control copies it to the clipboard. Space toggles between draw-a-rectangle and window mode.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Control copies it to the clipboard. Space toggles between draw-a-rectangle and window mode.

Excellent. Thanks, Erik.

- Mark

Note: This thread is 3047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!