IGNORED

Ben Crane DQ

Martyn W
Note: This thread is 3099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I heard the end of a television conversation about someone moving a head cover to see what a player hit.  Did anything like that happen this past weekend?

Regards,

John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Why didn't he check with the rules staff before he signed his card?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He had, I read, completed his second round before querying the possible penalty in the first round. The Almighty certainly took His time in pricking his conscience. :)

Am I alone in feeling just a bit queasy about Crane taking so long to raise the matter and then milking the clear conscience bit complete with scriptural references?

Edited by ColinL
  • Upvote 1

He had, I read, completed his second round before querying the possible penalty in the first round. The Almighty certainly took His time in pricking his conscience. :)

Am I alone in feeling just a bit queasy about Crane taking so long to raise the matter and then milking the clear conscience bit complete with scriptural references?

It does seem a bit self serving, doesn't it?

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

It does seem a bit self serving, doesn't it?

Did he serve himself by reporting a disqualifying violation after otherwise making the cut? Why would it matter why he says he did it?

Edited by Baog

Why didn't he check with the rules staff before he signed his card?

I thought the same thing. Total brain fart.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1. Read the Local Rules before playing an unfamiliar golf course.

2. Put your personal identification mark on every ball that you play every time that you play.
Mark the whole box in the locker room or at home before you put them in your golf bag.

3. Don’t touch your ball without marking it first. There are several occasions when the Rules do not require a ball to be marked before it is touched, but if you get into the habit of marking your ball first you will not have to remember when you must and when you need not.    

4. Don’t pick up your ball until you know exactly what you are going to do with it, as it might be better to play the ball as it lies rather than having to drop it in a worse lie or spot.

5. Don’t carry a club with you when you go into a water hazard to search for your golf ball. It’s to easy to accidentally touch the ground or the water in the hazard while poking around for your ball.

6. Use a reminder of some sort when you are asked to move your ball marker one or more putter heads to the side. Use the “heads” side of a coin for normal ball-marking and the “tails” side, for when you have moved it to the side.

7. A player may always add one penalty stroke and replay any shot anywhere on the golf course. (Rule 27-1a permits this.)

8. In the event of a Rules disagreement employ the “show me” technique. Hand them your Rule book and politely ask them to show you the Rule.

"Age improves with wine."

Wishon 919THI 11*
Wishon 925HL 4w
Wishon 335HL 3h & 4h
Wishon 755pc 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i & 9i
Tad Moore 485 PW
Callaway X 54*
Ping G2 Anser C
Callaway SuperSoft
Titleist StaDry
Kangaroo Hillcrest AB

Did he serve himself by reporting a disqualifying violation after otherwise making the cut? Why would it matter why he says he did it?

Yes, if in no other way than by making it an excuse to sermonize, something he has been known for in the past.  If he wants to be a preacher, then hang up the clubs and enroll in divinity school, and I'll see him in church.

Also the timing is suspicious.  Did a fellow competitor approach him and tell him that he screwed up, and that he'd better fall on his sword?  Why did it take him another full round after the incident to make up his mind to ask about it?  If I'd had any question, I'd be bringing it up with the first referee I saw.  

It may be a completely innocent mistake regardless of the timing.  I'm just asking some questions - not accusing him of anything except what I view as inappropriate preaching.

Edited by Fourputt
  • Upvote 2

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

On October 28, 2015 at 10:31:13 AM, Fourputt said:

It may be a completely innocent mistake regardless of the timing.  I'm just asking some questions - not accusing him of anything except what I view as inappropriate preaching.

I agree with you on most things, but you're preaching about his preaching.

He's perfectly within his rights to quote scripture from his social media account if he so desires, same as others are free to not do so, or complain about those who do.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!