IGNORED

Who has tattoos besides me?

Jeremie Boop
Note: This thread is 2989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, zholifield said:

My right arm is mostly sleeved , chest tat, and several other random spots. My line of work I don't really have to worry about it too much "river boat pilot" but I enjoy the artwork. I am one of the only ones at my local golf courses that I see with tats but no one treats me any different from what I know of

That's part of the great thing these days, it used to be people with tattoos were looked down upon, but not anymore. However, at the same time, depending on the career you choose, it's best to keep them hidden when wearing business attire. The only people I know of that are against tattoos are those who view it as "defiling the body", and even those people generally still like me, they just disapprove of my tattoos.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 12/4/2015, 6:26:04, boogielicious said:

I have nothing against folks with tattoos, but the only people I will let near me with a a needle are licensed medical professionals!  :-P

Amen to that. 

I have one tattoo, got it at 42.  Tribal pattern on my left arm.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Should be no surprise to anyone that I have them. 17 though, not 14.

I found them quite addictive back in my twenties, and got them all within a two-three year period. Chest, calf, and arms.

Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice.   

I got my first one in my early 20's a small dragon on my right upper arm. This has since been covered up with a larger Japanese style fish. I then wanted a proper dragon and have a Celtic / Engish one on my right calf. When I continuously started scoring in the mid 90's I then got a Templar style knight with a castle in the background on my left upper arm. I already have ideas for a new one when I start breaking 90 on a regular basis.

I have joked with my wife that if I ever get a hole in one, I will get the green tattoo'd around my belly button using that as the pin location with the date and place. At least I think I was joking......

Got the coloring finished this last Saturday. Hard to see because the the bad lighting, but the cross has added grey and blue/grey and some white highlights in the wings of the black dragon aren't standing out because of the redness. Still have to get final touches done. Black eye in the red dragon and he was talking about adding red shadowing around the cross on the black dragon side and white shadowing on the red dragon side to tie it all together. The lion's share of the work is done though and I'm pretty happy with how it looks overall. I can see maybe adding little details in the future though.

colored tat.jpg

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• 2 months later...

Got the back tattoo finished with some shadowing and colored highlights on the cross and added some white highlights to the dragons. New tattoo on left shoulder is mostly my design cleaned up by the artist.

finished back.jpg

new tattoo.jpg

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• 4 weeks later...

another new one

12873410_1136547133033602_362390450_o.jpg

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I have a natural birthmark on my back in the shape of a diamond. Does that count?

On December 3, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Jeremie Boop said:

I just spent a ton of money on new equipment this year, otherwise I'd agree with you on spending on golf equipment first.

To be honest it was pretty low on my list of stuff as well, but seeing as how I've basically got everything else I want at this point it seemed like a good time to do it.

In response to tattoos mean something, I actually do have a meaning behind this one. The dragons represent anger and hate *red/black* and the cross represents faith/love that protects/saves me from giving into those two most detrimental influences. Sappy I know, but that's the thought behind it.

Not a sappy thought at all, Jeremy.  That's a great meaning to keep in front of you.... Or behind you too since its on your back.  I am not not into tats, but my daughters have them. My one daughter has been through a lot and has the words "stay strong" on her wrists. I know that has special meaning there.  

It seems Tats used to be sported by mostly male ex military, but Now a more growing trend among females. Not sure why. 

Dave

22 minutes ago, ppine said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I apologize if my thread has bored you to sleep, rofl.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

If a young girl has a bunch of grapes tattooed onto her butt do those cherries droop and become raisins when she ages?

Edited by 9wood

10 minutes ago, 9wood said:

If a young girl has a bunch of grapes tattooed onto her butt do those cherries droop and become raisisns when she ages?

Hmm... Gee, thanks for that image.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 2989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!