IGNORED

My Swing (SOGGYSOG)

SoggySog
Note: This thread is 3063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: Since the spring
My current handicap index or average score is: 85-95
My typical ball flight is: Slight draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: heel shot

Hello, 

Recently took up the game of golf this spring and started working with a coach who unfortunately came down with cancer and is no longer working.  I've signed up for Evolvr and took a couple videos over the wkend.  I couldn't believe the feedback by so many members on this forum and thoughts I'd upload and appreciate any advice!  

My hands get away from my body during the downswing (I think) which might be from the amount of baseball I've played in my life - reason for heel shot.  The heel shots aren't as common as when I first started, but once in a while I'll hit one (heel shot) if I'm not cognizant and remind myself to keep my hands "in".  Also, I use a "baseball grip", I've tried interlock/overlap grip many times, but I completely loss the club face during the downswing.    

Thanks for taking the time to watch the videos everyone!!

Videos: 

1 hour ago, SOGGYSOG said:

Hello, 

Recently took up the game of golf this spring and started working with a coach who unfortunately came down with cancer and is no longer working.  I've signed up for Evolvr and took a couple videos over the wkend.  I couldn't believe the feedback by so many members on this forum and thoughts I'd upload and appreciate any advice!  

My hands get away from my body during the downswing (I think) which might be from the amount of baseball I've played in my life - reason for heel shot.  The heel shots aren't as common as when I first started, but once in a while I'll hit one (heel shot) if I'm not cognizant and remind myself to keep my hands "in".  Also, I use a "baseball grip", I've tried interlock/overlap grip many times, but I completely loss the club face during the downswing.    

You must be a natural.

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

53 minutes ago, SOGGYSOG said:

Hello, 

Videos: 

Glad you are using Evolvr. Listen to the instructor and focus on your priority piece. They may not think the hand path is a big a concern. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What happened with the the ball flight in each of these 2 videos?

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

Video from behind the ball flight was straight (maybe slight draw - hit a five iron) and I don't remember exactly on the other video - but I made solid contact on both.  I have a tendency to pull/hook vs. slice

I only mention the right thumb because it with the right index finger are what Hogan called the swing breakers.TW's and JD's are pretty similar,straight down the left side of the grip.Just be aware of this as you go along.It's a tricky part of the grip/swing issue.

tiger.JPG

• Upvote 1

hmmm.....people have told me my thumb position doesn't look right and watching my video, I have to agree, it doesn't.  It might be something I have to change.  I might start taking some reps with interlock and give it a fair test for a wk.   

I'm no pro, so I won't attempt to analyze your motion, but I will say that you have some very good stuff going on in your swing. 

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

10 hours ago, SOGGYSOG said:

hmmm.....people have told me my thumb position doesn't look right and watching my video, I have to agree, it doesn't.  It might be something I have to change.  I might start taking some reps with interlock and give it a fair test for a wk.   

Check this out.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

9 minutes ago, SOGGYSOG said:

Thanks for the info MVMAC - I looked at my glove this morning knowing it had a couple holes. 20151208_081140.thumb.jpg.1bdaf9341c17f4 

I wouldn't mess around with your lead/glove hand at all.

Note: This thread is 3063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!