IGNORED

Palm Springs in January

DaveP043
Note: This thread is 815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

17 hours ago, ol 3 putts said:

It looks like we were there about the same time, I played Indian Canyons south course twice...WOW

Gotta pass this year. The extended family has planned a trip to the east coast where our people are from. So thankful the canadian airlines make it so expensive to fly in canada. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 12/20/2016 at 6:49 PM, DaveP043 said:

Just bumping this thread.  My buddy Tom just sent me an email telling me to be sure to invite the TST guys, if anyone wants to fill out our group.  Like I mentioned, we plan to arrive on Saturday, 1/14, and play each day from Sunday to the following Saturday.  We have six players, so if one or two of you guys want to join us, you'll be more than welcome.  Tom is planning to make the tee times between 9 and 10 AM, and I'll post real tee times and courses after he's made those plans.

OK, Tom has made the plans for our visit to Palm Springs.  We have six player at this time, so we can take one or two of you each day.  We're playing:

Sunday :         Either Terra Lago or the Golf Club at La Quinta, tee times between 9:00 & 9:30, the rate is $99.00  (He has to wait another 10 days before he can reserve the times.)

Monday:         Silver Rock, tee times are 9:15 and 9:23 , the rate is $170.00

Tuesday:        Classic Golf Club, tee times are 9:10 and 9:20, the rate is $145 (includes $15 for F&B)

Wednesday:   Eagle Falls, tee times are 9:16 and 9:24, the rate is $95

Thursday:       Desert Willow, tee times are 9:15 and 9:24, the rate is $99.00

Friday :           Classic Golf Club, tee times are 8:30 and 8:40, the rate is $145 (includes $15 for F&B)

For @mvmac, @Golfingdad, @tristanhilton85, @Big C,please take a look at your schedules and let me know if and when you'd like to join us.  Tom would like to let the golf courses know if our numbers increase from the six already reserved.  

We're looking forward to leaving the Mid-Atlanttic's cool and dreary weather for the California sunshine!

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

OK, Tom has made the plans for our visit to Palm Springs.  We have six player at this time, so we can take one or two of you each day.  We're playing:

Sunday :         Either Terra Lago or the Golf Club at La Quinta, tee times between 9:00 & 9:30, the rate is $99.00  (He has to wait another 10 days before he can reserve the times.)

Monday:         Silver Rock, tee times are 9:15 and 9:23 , the rate is $170.00

Tuesday:        Classic Golf Club, tee times are 9:10 and 9:20, the rate is $145 (includes $15 for F&B)

Wednesday:   Eagle Falls, tee times are 9:16 and 9:24, the rate is $95

Thursday:       Desert Willow, tee times are 9:15 and 9:24, the rate is $99.00

Friday :           Classic Golf Club, tee times are 8:30 and 8:40, the rate is $145 (includes $15 for F&B)

For @mvmac, @Golfingdad, @tristanhilton85, @Big C,please take a look at your schedules and let me know if and when you'd like to join us.  Tom would like to let the golf courses know if our numbers increase from the six already reserved.  

We're looking forward to leaving the Mid-Atlanttic's cool and dreary weather for the California sunshine!

Awesome, and thanks again @DaveP043 for the invitation.

Unless the wife reminds me of prior obligations I've forgotten about, I would like to join you guys on Monday (1/16) at Silver Rock.  I have always wanted to play there and missed joining you guys last year on that course.

Dave thanks for the tag! I might have missed the thread otherwise. I would recommend that you check out this link. A golf deals website called Under Par is offering Silver Rock for $90. @Golfingdad & I have used Under Par a couple times and this appears to overlap perfectly with your schedule. It just has to be used before January with no restrictions or blackouts. And heck, if you are in the mood to play 27 (or maybe 36?), it includes a free replay. If not, you still save 80 bucks. 

My schedule is crazy that week. I have a work trip from January 11-13. Then a men's club tournament on Sunday the 15th. And then I'm traveling again to the Midwest from the 17-20. But........ I do have a one day gap on the 16th for Silverrock. Hmmm..... I'll keep you posted.

If someone else wants to jump in on Silver Rock that Monday, I would encourage them to do so - it's a fabulous course. But if that last spot is still open by next week and I can make the family scheduling work, then I will try to do so.

Silver Rock Deal

I'm definitely in for one of those days; I just need to check a couple of things when I get to work today and I'll let you know which one.

Really looking forward to this. Last year was awesome!

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

2 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Awesome, and thanks again @DaveP043 for the invitation.

Unless the wife reminds me of prior obligations I've forgotten about, I would like to join you guys on Monday (1/16) at Silver Rock.  I have always wanted to play there and missed joining you guys last year on that course.

Yup, I did forget about something - we'll be at Legoland on the 15th and 16th.  So I'll have to figure out my best alternative option.  Probably either just making it a 4 day weekend and coming out Tuesday or going back to back on the three day weekends and coming Friday.  I'll try and firm up as quick as I can and let you know.

Hi @DaveP043, please put me in to play on the 19th and 20th, Desert Willow and the Classic Club.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

28 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Hi @DaveP043, please put me in to play on the 19th and 20th, Desert Willow and the Classic Club.

Thanks, Mike, you're in, and I'm looking forward to it.  @Golfingdad, @tristanhilton85, @Big C, please let me know when you make a decision.  The good deal that @Big C mentioned can only be reserved with 7 days advance purchase, so I'm sure they're intended to fill open spots in groups like ours.  

With the dreary cool weather here, I'm already ready to go!

• Upvote 1

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

7 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Thanks, Mike, you're in, and I'm looking forward to it.  @Golfingdad, @tristanhilton85, @Big C, please let me know when you make a decision.  The good deal that @Big C mentioned can only be reserved with 7 days advance purchase, so I'm sure they're intended to fill open spots in groups like ours.  

With the dreary cool weather here, I'm already ready to go!

Luckily you're not here now then because we've got the same dreary cool wet weather.

I was debating between Tuesday and Friday and since it's the same course either way, and Friday would mean I'd also get to see Mike, then assuming you have another spot open, sign me up for Classic Club on Friday the 20th.

• Upvote 1

I just heard back from Tom. @mvmac is good for Thursday and Friday, and @Golfingdad is good for Friday.  It'll be fun to see you guys again.

• Upvote 1

Dave

I'm good for Thursday at Desert Willow.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

18 hours ago, tristanhilton85 said:

I'm good for Thursday at Desert Willow.

Good deal, you're in, so Thursday and Friday are full.

Dave

On 1/4/2017 at 9:55 AM, DaveP043 said:

Good deal, you're in, so Thursday and Friday are full.

Just curious, do you know if it's Mountain View or Firecliff?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Looking forward to it!  Bummed because we're getting a bunch of rain here (coastal, not in the desert) this week, so I might not have a chance to play before next Friday.  Shoulda gone out yesterday. :(

9 minutes ago, tristanhilton85 said:

Just curious, do you know if it's Mountain View or Firecliff?

I asked the same question, its Mountain View

6 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Looking forward to it!  Bummed because we're getting a bunch of rain here (coastal, not in the desert) this week, so I might not have a chance to play before next Friday.  Shoulda gone out yesterday. :(

I haven't played since Thanksgiving weekend.  However, I'll get to play 5 days in a row before I see you on Friday.

• Upvote 1

Dave

26 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Bummed because we're getting a bunch of rain here (coastal, not in the desert) this week, so I might not have a chance to play before next Friday.  Shoulda gone out yesterday. :(

Yeah this Saturday was the first day I got to practice in a while. I'm going to be rusty as well!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I'm sorry, but sandbagging in January will NOT affect your handicaps when the Newport Cup rolls around in October!

Dave

2 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm sorry, but sandbagging in January will NOT affect your handicaps when the Newport Cup rolls around in October!

I'll just play "practice rounds" between next Friday and October. :-P

Note: This thread is 815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!