IGNORED

Palm Springs in January

DaveP043

Dave, appreciate the tag and I hope you are doing well. 

It sounds like it may be a moot point, but I'm unavailable the week of the 13-19th. Enjoy your trip and I'll be rooting for some great weather for you guys. 

Are you planning to play Silver Rock again this year? I am actually playing there on January 2nd.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks like there may be a few spots open.  On Thursday, Mary Anne jumped just a couple feet down from a trampoline, landed a bit hard, and broke her heel bone.  No golf for her, for at least a couple of months.  We're still planning on coming to Palm Springs, assuming we can work through the logistics involved, so we'll have 3 golfers in our group now.  I'll post more info when I have it, but Tom specifically mentioned the Sand Trap guys, so I hope I'll see one or two of y'all in January.  Until then, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!  Or happy holidays of whatever sort you choose to practice!

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Best wishes to her for a fast recovery!

Thanks, Erik, we both appreciate the kind wishes. It  could certainly have been worse, at least she didn't need surgery. Just one more hurdle in life to work through.  She IS a little disappointed that her brand new Ping irons will have to wait a little while to be broken in.

15 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Well, it looks like there may be a few spots open.  On Thursday, Mary Anne jumped just a couple feet down from a trampoline, landed a bit hard, and broke her heel bone.  No golf for her, for at least a couple of months.  We're still planning on coming to Palm Springs, assuming we can work through the logistics involved, so we'll have 3 golfers in our group now.  I'll post more info when I have it, but Tom specifically mentioned the Sand Trap guys, so I hope I'll see one or two of y'all in January.

Sorry to hear about Mary Anne, hope she has a quick recovery.

Have a great Christmas and New Year, maybe see ya in a few weeks/

The good news, we've figured out the logistics, and Mary Anne and I are definitely coming to Palm Springs in a couple of weeks.  She's in a cast, and can't put any weight on her left foot, but is coping pretty well with the crutches and  "knee scooter".  Without Mary Anne, we have 3 golfers, so we'll have an opening if anyone cares to join us for a day or two.   Our friend Tom has made it from the deep freeze of Virginia to Palm Springs.  He's planning to make tee times at the following courses, generally between 9:00 and 9:30 each day, if possible:

Sunday, 1/14   Tom's home course  -  The Golf Club at La Quinta or Indian Creek

Monday  -        Eagle Falls

Tuesday  -       SilverRock

Wednesday -   The Classic Club

Thursday -       Desert Willow

Friday, 1/19     The Classic Club

For @mvmac, @Golfingdad, @tristanhilton85, or any of the rest of you TSTers, let me know if you're interested.  @Big C, I know you're not available, but I'd be interested to hear your impression of Silverrock tomorrow.  I understand they did a little changing of the back nine over the summer.  

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

For @mvmac, @Golfingdad, @tristanhilton85, or any of the rest of you TSTers, let me know if you're interested.  @Big C, I know you're not available, but I'd be interested to hear your impression of Silverrock tomorrow.  I understand they did a little changing of the back nine over the summer.  

Thanks @DaveP043, I'll let you know soon. That Monday and/or Tuesday work the best for me.

4 hours ago, tristanhilton85 said:

Tuesday or Wednesday are the days that would be likely to work for me if you have a spot.

Tom specifically told me to see what the TST guys wanted first.  He has a some friends around town he'll invite to fill in spots, but he's there for a few months, and I'll only be there for a week, so you guys get first pick.  Let me know when you can, and I'll pass the word along.  I am SO looking forward to leaving the deep freeze here!

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Tom specifically told me to see what the TST guys wanted first.  He has a some friends around town he'll invite to fill in spots, but he's there for a few months, and I'll only be there for a week, so you guys get first pick.  Let me know when you can, and I'll pass the word along.  I am SO looking forward to leaving the deep freeze here!

Thanks Dave.

Please put in for Tuesday at SilverRock.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Oh hush. You didn't spend 90 minutes just snowblowing your sidewalks today. :-)

Well, I gots legit whining rights today. We got a foot of snow last night through this afternoon and I just shoveled the driveway for an hour and only halfway done.

Uhh, what's a snowblower??;-)

On 1/1/2018 at 1:02 PM, DaveP043 said:

The good news, we've figured out the logistics, and Mary Anne and I are definitely coming to Palm Springs in a couple of weeks.  She's in a cast, and can't put any weight on her left foot, but is coping pretty well with the crutches and  "knee scooter".  Without Mary Anne, we have 3 golfers, so we'll have an opening if anyone cares to join us for a day or two.   Our friend Tom has made it from the deep freeze of Virginia to Palm Springs.  He's planning to make tee times at the following courses, generally between 9:00 and 9:30 each day, if possible:

Sunday, 1/14   Tom's home course  -  The Golf Club at La Quinta or Indian Creek

Monday  -        Eagle Falls

Tuesday  -       SilverRock

Wednesday -   The Classic Club

Thursday -       Desert Willow

Friday, 1/19     The Classic Club

I've been holding off for a couple of days because I really want to come out there Thursday or Friday, but I don't think it's going to work out for me this year.  Hopefully your buddy will be able to fill the spots, and I will catch you guys next year.

Thanks!