Jump to content
IGNORED

Palm Springs in January


DaveP043
 Share

Recommended Posts

Dave, appreciate the tag and I hope you are doing well. 

It sounds like it may be a moot point, but I'm unavailable the week of the 13-19th. Enjoy your trip and I'll be rooting for some great weather for you guys. 

Are you planning to play Silver Rock again this year? I am actually playing there on January 2nd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks like there may be a few spots open.  On Thursday, Mary Anne jumped just a couple feet down from a trampoline, landed a bit hard, and broke her heel bone.  No golf for her, for at least a couple of months.  We're still planning on coming to Palm Springs, assuming we can work through the logistics involved, so we'll have 3 golfers in our group now.  I'll post more info when I have it, but Tom specifically mentioned the Sand Trap guys, so I hope I'll see one or two of y'all in January.  Until then, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!  Or happy holidays of whatever sort you choose to practice!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Best wishes to her for a fast recovery!

Thanks, Erik, we both appreciate the kind wishes. It  could certainly have been worse, at least she didn't need surgery. Just one more hurdle in life to work through.  She IS a little disappointed that her brand new Ping irons will have to wait a little while to be broken in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
15 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Well, it looks like there may be a few spots open.  On Thursday, Mary Anne jumped just a couple feet down from a trampoline, landed a bit hard, and broke her heel bone.  No golf for her, for at least a couple of months.  We're still planning on coming to Palm Springs, assuming we can work through the logistics involved, so we'll have 3 golfers in our group now.  I'll post more info when I have it, but Tom specifically mentioned the Sand Trap guys, so I hope I'll see one or two of y'all in January.

Sorry to hear about Mary Anne, hope she has a quick recovery.

Have a great Christmas and New Year, maybe see ya in a few weeks/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The good news, we've figured out the logistics, and Mary Anne and I are definitely coming to Palm Springs in a couple of weeks.  She's in a cast, and can't put any weight on her left foot, but is coping pretty well with the crutches and  "knee scooter".  Without Mary Anne, we have 3 golfers, so we'll have an opening if anyone cares to join us for a day or two.   Our friend Tom has made it from the deep freeze of Virginia to Palm Springs.  He's planning to make tee times at the following courses, generally between 9:00 and 9:30 each day, if possible:

Sunday, 1/14   Tom's home course  -  The Golf Club at La Quinta or Indian Creek

Monday  -        Eagle Falls

Tuesday  -       SilverRock

Wednesday -   The Classic Club

Thursday -       Desert Willow

Friday, 1/19     The Classic Club

For @mvmac, @Golfingdad, @tristanhilton85, or any of the rest of you TSTers, let me know if you're interested.  @Big C, I know you're not available, but I'd be interested to hear your impression of Silverrock tomorrow.  I understand they did a little changing of the back nine over the summer.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

For @mvmac, @Golfingdad, @tristanhilton85, or any of the rest of you TSTers, let me know if you're interested.  @Big C, I know you're not available, but I'd be interested to hear your impression of Silverrock tomorrow.  I understand they did a little changing of the back nine over the summer.  

Thanks @DaveP043, I'll let you know soon. That Monday and/or Tuesday work the best for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, tristanhilton85 said:

Tuesday or Wednesday are the days that would be likely to work for me if you have a spot.

Tom specifically told me to see what the TST guys wanted first.  He has a some friends around town he'll invite to fill in spots, but he's there for a few months, and I'll only be there for a week, so you guys get first pick.  Let me know when you can, and I'll pass the word along.  I am SO looking forward to leaving the deep freeze here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Tom specifically told me to see what the TST guys wanted first.  He has a some friends around town he'll invite to fill in spots, but he's there for a few months, and I'll only be there for a week, so you guys get first pick.  Let me know when you can, and I'll pass the word along.  I am SO looking forward to leaving the deep freeze here!

Thanks Dave.

Please put in for Tuesday at SilverRock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Oh hush. You didn't spend 90 minutes just snowblowing your sidewalks today. :-)

Well, I gots legit whining rights today. We got a foot of snow last night through this afternoon and I just shoveled the driveway for an hour and only halfway done.

Uhh, what's a snowblower??;-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 1/1/2018 at 1:02 PM, DaveP043 said:

The good news, we've figured out the logistics, and Mary Anne and I are definitely coming to Palm Springs in a couple of weeks.  She's in a cast, and can't put any weight on her left foot, but is coping pretty well with the crutches and  "knee scooter".  Without Mary Anne, we have 3 golfers, so we'll have an opening if anyone cares to join us for a day or two.   Our friend Tom has made it from the deep freeze of Virginia to Palm Springs.  He's planning to make tee times at the following courses, generally between 9:00 and 9:30 each day, if possible:

Sunday, 1/14   Tom's home course  -  The Golf Club at La Quinta or Indian Creek

Monday  -        Eagle Falls

Tuesday  -       SilverRock

Wednesday -   The Classic Club

Thursday -       Desert Willow

Friday, 1/19     The Classic Club

For @mvmac, @Golfingdad, @tristanhilton85, or any of the rest of you TSTers, let me know if you're interested.  @Big C, I know you're not available, but I'd be interested to hear your impression of Silverrock tomorrow.  I understand they did a little changing of the back nine over the summer.  

I've been holding off for a couple of days because I really want to come out there Thursday or Friday, but I don't think it's going to work out for me this year.  Hopefully your buddy will be able to fill the spots, and I will catch you guys next year.

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct links for Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package. Save 10% on Mevo with coupon code "IACAS" as well.
  • Posts

    • While not as exciting as doing it on a par 72 course, finally did break 80 yesterday - 78/Par 70. It was a solo round so can't post. It's my first ever no-sixes round but since I can't post the score I won't ask for credit yet.  Also first ever round with no penalties! Disclaimer - our course is fairly flat and easy. But it has a butt load of OBs. You do have to hit a fairly wild tee shot on most of them to actually land it but only three holes do not have an OB lurking. So it's kinda an accomplishment all of it's own for me. Heh heh.  Driver has been friendly, irons continue to be reliable. Putter acting like a diva but I think I've got her number.  My work since the GEARS visit is actually sticking it seems..!! I am still hitting plenty of garden variety shitty shots but am playing some good golf lately and terribly happy at how the things are shaping up. 
    • Just to look at the good things. It's good to find the positives.  1. Backswing length, much better.  2. Overall how the body is turning is better. It's probably the best it looks right now.  Thoughts on what I need to work on. 1) Keeping the right elbow from collapsing so much in the backswing. Might be time to invest in some swimming floatation devices 😉. It might be easier for me to get the angle out of my right elbow if I had less angle there to begin with. 
    • My hats off. Putting stats like that on any of them PH greens is fantastic. Well done!
    • A young story and an old story!  Yesterday I played Pinehurst #6. A foursome was scheduled but only two of us showed up. I knew one person and the other was a father and daughter. Well only the daughter showed and off we went.  So.  I was 50 years older than her, she is 17 and a very good golfer. She’s off to Norte Dame on a golf scholarship next year after she completes high school. She’s a +2 HDCP. So off we go, she’s playing a hybrid set of tees I’m playing White tees. She hits it straight and decently long for her age.  We are both even thru 3 holes until I make a double on the 4th hole. By the time we finish the front I’m 2 over and she’s 1 over. Back nine I had 1 birdie, 2 bogey’s and the rest were pars for a 75. She shoots 34 on the back with 3 birdies, two were back to back.  A71 for her.  She will be playing in the Woman’s  North South here next week and the Junior as well.  She has no desire to become a Pro Golfer, she is going to Medical School to become an Anesthesiologist.  Impressive I thought! Todays old story…played with two old guys, one is 85 but plays ok and the other was 79. I’m the young guy at 67.  What a comedy!  I could tell immediately they play a lot together as the ribbing never stopped.  I quickly learned to stay alert as their shots started going everywhere!  Then the 85 year old guy gets the shanks! Never seen it so bad and I’ve had them a few times but never like this. The other guy played a very military game with shots left, right, left and so one. The on the 9th hole the 79 year old left a club on the previous hole and left to get it. Then the 85 year old checks his bag and the lost club is in it. Off he goes to get the other guy. They return eventually as the 1st guy went two holes back searching for his club. I’m in the fairway on the 10th hole waiting and here they come.  So then the 79 year old turns his cart steering wheel tightly to turn around and somehow gets the tow hook caught over the right front wheel axle rod so now the cart can only go in a circle!  It took about 15 minutes to figure that out! We fixed it using one of his irons to pull the tow hook loose! What next I thought.  We finally finished. The good news there was we finished in 2hrs 40min! Happy 4th!
  • Today's Birthdays


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...