IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (January 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

15 hours ago, Lihu said:

Went to the range and didn't actually hate every single one of my shots. I managed to get the sequence right on two drives out of 2 buckets hit. I got a few 8i and down as well. It's going to take some time to get used to shifting my weight.

Practiced more of the same. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Practiced hitting "my landing spot" while chipping this morning. Getting better at it. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Thought I'd have a short practice session, which actually took up 50 minutes. The first 35 were on the back swing, feeling that the right hip was turning the upper body from A2 to A4, not the other way around. The last 15 minutes were spent on chipping. 

Chris.:roll:

I got an hour before the rain started. Worked again with the 7-iron and moving my head down on the downswing and focusing on the bent right elbow. A lot of fat shots and chewing up the yard, but moving forward as a stupid monkey :banana:..... So, this new change does not feel comfortable yet at all, but staying on course. I know that a new feel brings a bit of an awkward, strange feel. So, I took some videos FO and DTL, reviewed them and posted them to my Evolvr coach for analysis. Just looking to see if I'm on the right track.  Would really like to get some of these issues resolved before I schedule some time to go up to Erie.

Dave

Played 9 holes while waiting for my kids' lesson. Shot 44, 2 doubles 4 bogey. Missed 2 birdie putts.

Can't seem to hold many greens, I hit more than 3, but only stuck those. 17 putts too, slick greens.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Spent some time this am hitting 100 yard approach shots at the range. Happy with the results. 

In My Bag:

Busy day here. Got 7 mins of indoor practice with a 6 iron, slowly going through the back swing drill, and then equally slowly completing the through swing.

10 hours ago, Lihu said:

Played 9 holes while waiting for my kids' lesson. Shot 44, 2 doubles 4 bogey. Missed 2 birdie putts.

Can't seem to hold many greens, I hit more than 3, but only stuck those. 17 putts too, slick greens.

Did another hour of driving range, while waiting for my kids golf related meeting. My shots were a bit better, but I'm still getting used to the motion of the slightly modified swing.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Cold weather moved in to the area, so I moved my practice indoors to my garage net. Put in about an hour and a half altogether split up between 3 sessions consisting of 7 and 8 irons and my 4 hybrid. Focus continues to be on lowering my head as I go into the downswing and keeping the right elbow bent up to impact, I took half of this session and used my Callaway Easy Swing that helps focusing on the right elbow. I  also did some experimenting with the body turn coming up through impact trying to keep a more open chest to the ball at impact (something from one of my Evolvr sessions). All swings taken in this session were slow and smooth with variation between 1/2 and 3/4 swings.

Dave

Spent 15 mins out on the lawn, 6 iron, no ball. Back swing work again, this time the awareness was on allowing the arms to follow the hip turn from A2 to A4 without lifting.

More hip turns preparing for my afternoon round.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Started the day with a mile run, weights and kettlebell workout followed by a 10 round boxing session on the heavy bag. 20 degrees and snowy here, but managed to pull off a few 15 minutes sessions in the yard with 7-iron before my hands went numb and bringing practice indoors (about an hour altogether).

I think I'm starting to get the idea of being down the head during the downswing and how it affects the right elbow in a positive way. Experimented a bit on the hip shift and how it affects my elbow also, which is more of the same from yesterday.... Slow... Smooth swings.

Dave

Today was "hiking day" for me. Hiked 10 miles round trip with a couple of park rangers inspecting a trail for a full moon hike later this month. 

In My Bag:

7 hours ago, Lihu said:

More hip turns preparing for my afternoon round.

Scored okay, but tee shots still a bit wild. Hit plenty of trees.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I worked on hitting flop shots at the practice area today. I would fly the ball over a bunker that guarded a  practice pin. Actually holed out a couple of them .

In My Bag:

20 minutes outdoors, 6 iron, no ball. Focus was on the right elbow staying "soft" and folding earlier during the take away, and the right wrist extending (the image of dealing cards was helpful here). Then spent 10 mins chipping. 

Played 10 holes. Tried to get away from the crowds, played 2 holes from the short course, then switched to the longer course and played in a non-sequential order. Played about as best as I could, even though I topped a 7i 38 yards and hit the blade on the LW.Putting is really hard and GIR is really hard putting from the fringe was my friend. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

12 degrees here made for intersting, but short practice session in the backyard before the fingers go numb... But managed to squeak out a couple 15 minute sessions during work breaks. I went with the 6 and 8 iron and focused again on the right elbow and lowering the head on the downswing. Practice today was good work on hitting off a hard pan fairway, since everything was frozen like a rock... Fat shots got real interesting, since that is a common occurrence with what I am working on. Moved my practice inside to using whiffle practice balls in the basement to escape the cold... Used the trusty 7-iron with 1/2 swings. The carpet wasn't nearly as hard as the frozen tundra in Ohio. Can't wait for spring!

Dave

Note: This thread is 3008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!