IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (January 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mostly doing pivot drill 100+ reps to feel hip and shoulder turn when hitting ball. Nice feel of standing on left side post and face square at impact. Left arm and club shaft aligned and face square at impact.

Under construction, signature and game.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another 30 mins in the net. Used the back swing drill @iacas  outlined in the instructional droplets blog. The idea of 'rewarding" yourself with a down swing following a good back swing really appeals.

Chris.:roll:

It warmed up a bit today and melted some of the snow, so was able to get outside and work on the full swing. Used the 8-iron and focused on the hip and shoulder turn through follow through. Took a couple videos from DTL and FO and spent some time reviewing them. Still need to exaggerate the turn a bit more and watch out for my last priority area where I was starting to pick up a bit on the downswing. Went back to working inside with the 7-iron and 1/2 swings. Going to do some more putting practice later tonight.

Dave

On 1/23/2016 at 4:01 AM, Lihu said:

Hit the fitness center, and continuing back swing drills.

First day back in China.

More back swing drills using my club with a fan on the end of it. Focus is on spine angle and hip turn with key 2 incorporated, which is what I had been doing for a while. I feel good that I got some simulator distances farther than I had been getting in real life in So. Cal.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Today was an indoor day for me. Feeling kind of poorly I was. Just spent some time going over some personal golf notes. Also watch a few DVDs on course mangement, short game stuff. 

I sometimes forget to use my knowlege on course management when out playing. I took a refresher course today....so to speak. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

20 mins in the net. Was exploring the idea of speeding up the back swing as a means of increasing club head speed through the down swing. On a scale of 1 to 10, the ideal speed seemed to be a 6 going back and an 8 coming down.

19 hours ago, Lihu said:

First day back in China.

More back swing drills using my club with a fan on the end of it. Focus is on spine angle and hip turn with key 2 incorporated, which is what I had been doing for a while. I feel good that I got some simulator distances farther than I had been getting in real life in So. Cal.

More of the same. 

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Swung my Kallassy gizmo for a while today. Just keeping various body parts in order.

7am tee time tomorrow. Going to need my kool weather game if this north wind doesn't die down.  

In My Bag:

More 7-iron work inside focusing on the hip/shoulder turn. Noticed that bringing the shoulder down close to my chin and starting the wrist hing between A1 and A2 helps a bit with consistent hip turn. Weather should be good tomorrow so will try to get some videos on the full swing tomorrow. Working tonight here on my putt stroke and grip.

Dave

8 hours ago, Lihu said:

More of the same. 

More back swing and hip turn drills, also did about 25 minutes of treadmill on maximum incline to work on the glutes.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Backswing drill, pivot drill and hit each club through series of swings hitting into net in barn. Not seeing any ball flight, I focus more on hitting certain positions and the way my body feels. I know if I was at the range, where the ball ends up would be focus. There would be no connection between how/where I feel my body and result of where my ball ends up.

20 mins in the net again. Concentrated on keeping my head "steady" (Key #1), while being aware of making a full turn with the left shoulder during the back swing, and then turning through to a full finish.

Edited by chris3putt
typo

Played 27 holes, so that was my work out for today. Average 4.5 per hole. 

In My Bag:

Weather has been cooperating, so managed to get a couple good swing sessions in this afternoon. Worked on the driver and 8-iron alternating between the two. Focusing on getting a better hip turn and following the ball through impact. I noticed that I could get a bit more hip turn on the backswing by flaring out the right foot a tad more than I have been. I took some videos and posted them in the MySwing thread here....

Also, did a weight and kettlebell workout with a 5-round boxing session on the heavy bag to top off the day. Started re-reading LSW again.

Dave

21 hours ago, Lihu said:

More back swing and hip turn drills, also did about 25 minutes of treadmill on maximum incline to work on the glutes.

More of the same, but I took 5 minutes on the rowing machine. Total calories was 680 according to the machines. . .

Did more swing fan back swing to transition drills while making sure to maintain my spine angle.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

In the barn hitting into net.Backswing drill, pivot drill through each of 7 clubs in my winter bag and hitting each club through series of swing types. Today's focus was exaggerating posting on the left side. As mentioned before, this feeling my left side is a whole new feel.

5 to 10 minutes doing mirror work before my workout. Focused on back swing and pivot.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!