IGNORED

Addiction

9wood
Note: This thread is 3028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
8 hours ago, colin007 said:

wha...??????

8 hours ago, 9wood said:

So who pays for the upkeep of the course?

This info is freely available online: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buhl_Farm_Golf_Course

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

This info is freely available online: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buhl_Farm_Golf_Course

Very cool. Green's look well maintained from the photos, but kind of weird to see a course with no bunkers. Hopefully they can keep it running.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 5:45 PM, dbuck said:

My main addictions over the years have been the 3 g's -golf, guns, and guitars.

same here - pleasantly surprised to see so many guitar guys here.  Have so many electric guitars, can't even keep fresh strings on them (fave's are a couple LP's & an exceptional Carvin DC127 hardtail) ... time to thin the herd.   Bought a Browning Citori recently .. golf is by far the cheapest, but to me, most addicting of the 3.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

The very fact that I drove into work behind some guy white-knuckling it at 20 mph with a half-inch of white death on the floor, proves I'm not addicted.

If I were addicted, I'd have ravaged my savings account and would be somewhere much warmer. I'd either be on the golf course or trying to raise the money to be on the golf course. ... Don't think the street-corner routine would work for me either.

Just for fun, below is a sample of questions for alcoholism. I was curious, so I substituted golfing terms for alcohol terms. My result? "Serious Level of Golfing Use". Yikes.

Do you try to avoid family or close friends while you are golfing?

Do you golf a lot when you are disappointed, under pressure or have had a quarrel with someone?

Can you handle more golf now than when you first started to golf?

Have you ever been unable to remember part of the previous round, even though your friends say you didn't golf well?

When golfing with other people, do you try to play a few extra holes when others won't know about it?

Do you sometimes feel uncomfortable if golf is not available?

Are you more in a hurry to get to the first tee than you used to be?

Do you sometimes feel a little guilty about your golfing?

Has a family member or close friend expressed concern or complained about your golfing?

Have you been having more swing thought blackouts recently?

Do you often want to continue golfing after your friends say they've had enough?

Do you usually have a reason for the occasions when you golf a lot?

When you're not golfing, do you sometimes regret things you did or said while golfing?

Have you tried switching clubs or putters, or following different plans to control your golf ball?

Have you sometimes failed to keep promises you made to yourself about controlling or cutting down on your score?

Have you ever had a driven a golf cart under the influence of alcohol, or any other legal problem related to your golfing?

Are you having more financial, work, school, and/or family problems as a result of your golfing?

Has your physician ever advised you to cut down on your golfing?

Do you eat very little or irregularly during your rounds?

Do you sometimes have the yips in the morning and find that it helps to have a little drink, tranquilizer or medication of some kind?

Have you recently noticed that you can't golf as much as you used to?

Do you sometimes golf for several days at a time?

After periods of golfing do you sometimes see or hear things that aren't there?

Have you ever gone to anyone for help about your golfing?

Do you ever feel depressed or anxious before, during or after rounds?

Have any of your blood relatives ever had a problem with golf?

Edited by chspeed
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, chspeed said:

Just for fun, below is a sample of questions for alcoholism. I was curious, so I substituted golfing terms for alcohol terms. My result? "Serious Level of Golfing Use". Yikes.

Do you try to avoid family or close friends while you are golfing?  FOR SURE

Do you golf a lot when you are disappointed, under pressure or have had a quarrel with someone?  NO - because my mind isn't focused on my game 

Can you handle more golf now than when you first started to golf?  YES

Have you ever been unable to remember part of the previous round, even though your friends say you didn't golf well?  YES

When golfing with other people, do you try to play a few extra holes when others won't know about it?  NO

Do you sometimes feel uncomfortable if golf is not available?  NEVER FOUND IT TO NOT BE AVAILABLE - EXCEPT IN THE WINTER MONTHS

Are you more in a hurry to get to the first tee than you used to be?   NO

Do you sometimes feel a little guilty about your golfing?  NEVER

Has a family member or close friend expressed concern or complained about your golfing?  NO

Have you been having more swing thought blackouts recently?  NO

Do you often want to continue golfing after your friends say they've had enough?  NO

Do you usually have a reason for the occasions when you golf a lot?  DON'T NEED AN OCCASION

When you're not golfing, do you sometimes regret things you did or said while golfing?  SURE - I REGRET NOT MAKING THAT SHORT PUTT

Have you tried switching clubs or putters, or following different plans to control your golf ball?  SURE

Have you sometimes failed to keep promises you made to yourself about controlling or cutting down on your score?  NO - I HAVE LOWERED MY SCORE BY ABOUT 12 STROKES FROM WHEN I FIRST STARTED PLAYING GOLF

Have you ever had a driven a golf cart under the influence of alcohol, or any other legal problem related to your golfing?  WELL THERE WAS THAT TIME WHEN THE COURSE RANGER CHEWED ME OUT FOR TEEING OFF BEFORE THE COURSE OPENED

Are you having more financial, work, school, and/or family problems as a result of your golfing?  WELL MY FINANCES ARE BEING SLIMMED DOWN

Has your physician ever advised you to cut down on your golfing?  NOT A CHANCE

Do you eat very little or irregularly during your rounds?  I'LL HAVE A SNACK BAR DURING A ROUND

Do you sometimes have the yips in the morning and find that it helps to have a little drink, tranquilizer or medication of some kind? YES, I NEED MY ORANGE JUICE IN THE MORNING

Have you recently noticed that you can't golf as much as you used to?  ABSOLUTELY NOT, ESPECIALLY SINCE I'M RETIRED NOW

Do you sometimes golf for several days at a time?  NO BECAUSE I WOULD BE TO SORE IF I DID

After periods of golfing do you sometimes see or hear things that aren't there?  FOR SURE - SOMETIMES I SEE OR VISUALIZE MYSELF MAKING THAT PUTT FOR A BIRDIE

Have you ever gone to anyone for help about your golfing?  YES - I HAVE OCCASIONALY CONSULTED A GOLF PRO

Do you ever feel depressed or anxious before, during or after rounds? I ALWAYS FEEL ANXIOUS BEFORE A ROUND

Have any of your blood relatives ever had a problem with golf?  YES, THEIR PROBLEM IS THEY DON'T GOLF - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

Lots of gun and guitar guys here. Guitars are cheap for me. My first guitar was a Gibson Les Paul Classic and I have never felt a need for another guitar. I started with it and I will end with it. Nothing feels as good in my hands. The NFA collection does keep multiplying and that gets expensive in a hurry.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0
3W:  Nike VRS Covert
3H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
4H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
5-AW:  Nike  VRS-X
SW:  Nike VRS Covert
LW:  Nike VRS X3X 60*
Putter:  Nike Method MC-3i

Wow, I wonder if there is a real correlation between golf, guns, and guitars. Add me to the list. I only have two axes (down from 6) and five guns but that is more than adequate.

I also have kayaking, fishing, and cycling.

Food and bills are obviously low priorities...

• Upvote 1

dak4n6

45 minutes ago, dak4n6 said:

Wow, I wonder if there is a real correlation between golf, guns, and guitars. Add me to the list. I only have two axes (down from 6) and five guns but that is more than adequate.

I also have kayaking, fishing, and cycling.

Food and bills are obviously low priorities...

I think golfers gravitate to any sort of hobby you can master on your own.*

* so long as it happens to involve expensive equipment :-D

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

13 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

I think golfers gravitate to any sort of hobby you can master on your own.*

* so long as it happens to involve expensive equipment :-D

Or at least aspire to master on your own, LOL

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

4 hours ago, JMHARDING said:

Have to split money between 3 bassboat, toyota pickup, and golf!

What, no guns? You're from Texas after all ;-)

Welcome to TST JM!

dak4n6

28 minutes ago, dak4n6 said:

What, no guns? You're from Texas after all ;-)

Welcome to TST JM!

Naw was in army for a while weapons dont excite me, I have a couple for huntin but just goin out to shoot or collect em just dnt get me fired up!

O.E.F VET 11B East Texas!

6 minutes ago, JMHARDING said:

Naw was in army for a while weapons dont excite me, I have a couple for huntin but just goin out to shoot or collect em just dnt get me fired up!

I've been thinking of coming down to TX for an inexpensive vaca to bag a couple wild hogs. My 30-30 should be perfect..

dak4n6

Note: This thread is 3028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!