IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (February 2016)

Dave325
Note: This thread is 2980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Worked today in the backyard with the hip/shoulder turn and rhythm with the 8iron and driver. Focus on the priority points. Note: I seemed to get too much hips in there previously at the start. Seems a bit better if I focus on starting the backswing with the shoulders and let the hips follow the natural reaction to the shoulders turning. I don't know what I'm talking about, but it seems to help a bit.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Range work again today. I spent a little bit of time working on my downswing pivot. The rest of the time was spent at the practice green working on my pitching. I specifically worked on using the bounce. First time this year the practice green was open!

A little thin on the practice today, since I am taking the next couple days off to go up to Erie, I had a lot of work to get done today. However, managed to get an hour of practice in the garage working on the 6-iron. Focusing on the priority points... Club shaft at A4, backswing (to get to A4) and downswing (right elbow not straightening too soon and bringing th shoulder around, rather than up). Cleaned up the clubs and getting packed to make the trip to Erie for first ever lesson. :dance:

Dave

Went to the range after work.  Worked through 3/4 of a bucket of balls with my 6 iron, focusing on not letting my right elbow separate on the transition from backswing to downswing.  For the last 1/4 of my bucket, I hit iron and driver, focusing solely on reducing my time to trigger on my swing, which has been plaguing me and getting worse over the last few months.  I started a thread about it if you happen to have any insight.

I know its late in february to start posting, but ...

I've been doing 5-10 minutes each day this week, stretching, rehearsing my back swing, concentrating on keeping my head steady throughout, (I tend to dip a lot as I near the top of my back swing). 

I'm also putting a lot of emphasis on shifting my weight to start the down motion, turning my hips enough to be somewhat open by the time I reach impact position, and keeping my head still in the process, not letting it sway forward with my weight. 

This has all been slow, deliberate rehearsal without hitting any balls. 

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

More drills. Transitioning from my steel shafts back to my Ping with graphite shaft. I am swinging just a graphite shaft to relax my wrists better.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

10 to 15 minutes at the gym mapping my swing in front of a mirror before my workout. I warmed up a bit before starting to loosen up my body. Then worked on backswing to A4, A4 to A5 transition getting the hands to go out more and not down, then pivot to A8.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Did a lite yoga session to stretch, medicine ball routine and backswing drill then went to driving range. It was open! Hit a large bucket of balls with some positive results but also fell into old trap of just pounding out balls. 

It was a good reminder to practice with a purpose, and, it was nice to see some good changes/results. More "work to do"!

Under construction, signature and game.

Met with my instructor for a lesson today. We worked on my takeaway and continued working on my downswing pivot. My takeaway had gotten out of whack and I was rolling the club in with my hands. We focused on my hands going in and the clubhead out. Overall it was a very good lesson.

Went to the range, again practiced my priority piece (keeping my right elbow tight during the transition) for the majority of the bucket, and then spent the last portion of my bucket trying to not get frozen over the golf ball.

11 hours ago, Lihu said:

More drills. Transitioning from my steel shafts back to my Ping with graphite shaft. I am swinging just a graphite shaft to relax my wrists better.

Horrible range session. Going to take a few days off hitting balls to let my muscles rest a bit. Did a lot of putting. Will focus on short game the next few days.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Got in about 5-10 minutes of drills, rehearsing back swing with a steady head, transitioning into the down swing with a good weight transfer, opening up hips, pump drill without any balls. all at about 1/4 speed. 

been conscientious about my grip, strengthening my left hand, and preventing my front knee from buckling too much on the back swing. 

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

16 hours ago, Lihu said:

Horrible range session. Going to take a few days off hitting balls to let my muscles rest a bit. Did a lot of putting. Will focus on short game the next few days.

Another lackluster range session. Getting used to my lighter club is going to take some time. Mostly, it's training my muscles to "release" at the right time.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Full yoga routine, medicine ball drill and backswing drill at gym then hit driver/hybr into net in barn. Will repeat driver/hybr swings next session at range. Try to connect the dots/feelings observed when inside to sessions outside at range. 

Under construction, signature and game.

Range work again today. I really concentrated on my takeaway. Im working on my hands going in while the clubhead stays outside the hands. I really could tell a difference in my swing and the quality of strike. It also felt weird so I know I was doing it right.

Went to the range at lunch.  I took a break from practicing what my instructor has me focusing on to just work on not getting frozen over the ball.  I feel like I did great at this today.  I simulated a round of my home course to most closely practice doing this in an actual round of golf.

15 minutes mirror work before my workout. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!