IGNORED

Adam Scott: The Next Big Thing?

RichF
Note: This thread is 5937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is he, the 'Best-Golfer-Never-To-Have-Won-A-Major' currently on the PGA Tour?
I know there was a head-to-head thread about Scott and Sergio Garcia a few years ago, but Garcia looks to be slipping.

Scott - he looks to have an all-round package...and he's got an effortlessly superb swing.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Yes, I watched him at the Aussie open, he is a great player, just a bit unlucky not to have won a major yet. He has a marvelous swing and great fundamentals
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

This is off the topic but i am a fairly new member and i am just wondering how i post a thread of my own.

In the bag:

driver Big Ben CS3 9.5º
3-wood 906F4 15.5º
hybrid rescue mid 19ºirons: MP-60 3-PWwedges vokey spin-milled 54º and 60ºputter tracy IIball Pro V1

Young Scotty has all the tangible tools, but I'm not sure he has all the intagibles right now to win a major. He's still got to show me he can perform under pressure a little better. I think he's still a little green right now, but certainly well on his way to forging a possible hall of fame career. He's certainly more likable than Sergio, and also a better player. I think Scott is the BPTHNWM right now. Regarding the BPTHNWM Phil sure left a huge void when he won the Masters three years ago, he held that title without question, it's been hard to find a deserving successor.

i think justin rose is doing well and has a chance of winning a major next year. he didnt start his career too well (i think he missed 14 cuts in a row) but now he is turning into an awesome golfer. he did very well in all of the 2007 majors and has played 14 european tour events in 2007, winning 2 events and finishing in the top 12 in the other 12 events he played and won the 2007 european tour order of merit so i think he has a chance to win a major

i think justin rose is doing well and has a chance of winning a major next year. he didnt start his career too well (i think he missed 14 cuts in a row) but now he is turning into an awesome golfer. he did very well in all of the 2007 majors and has played 14 european tour events in 2007, winning 2 events and finishing in the top 12 in the other 12 events he played and won the 2007 european tour order of merit so i think he has a chance to win a major

I'm pulling for Rose to win a major. He's a good

kid . I like the Dick's Sporting Goods commercial with the TM Burner... "Well, since you asked so nicely". Yes, I do think Scott is the best player yet to win one. He'd be a popular champion.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

I agree. He played pretty well in the President's Cup. I remember there was a Par 3 hole on the first or second day. He took a swing and the ball landed about 3-5 inches from the cup. Just a great shot considering the presence he was in.

DRIVER - Tight Lies/Graphite/10°
3 WOOD - Sasquatch/Graphite/15°
5 WOOD - Tight Lies/Graphite/19°
IRONS - X-22/Steel/3-PWAW - SV Tour Black Satin/Steel/52°SW - SV Tour Black Satin/Steel/56°LW - SV Tour Black Satin/Steel/60°PUTTER - Black Series #2/34"

Rose took a bit of a beating when he was younger and was deemed the next big thing. Nick Bradley sorted him out this past year.

Adam Scott is pure talent and totally marketable. Agreed, he's gotta win one of the "big ones", but his swing is butter, he's got the looks of a Calvin Klein model, and he's media friendly and so freakin' polite. And absolutely bombs the ball.

Rose took a bit of a beating when he was younger and was deemed the next big thing. Nick Bradley sorted him out this past year.

I'm inclined to say Justin Rose is better looking, since I've been told I look like him, and I've never heard that I look like Adam Scott

Seriously, though, I agree with you on all you said, except I don't know who Nick Bradley is. Who is he? Swing coach for Rose?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
Nice to read all of the above comments.
I really don't know whether Adam is the next big thing...I was thinking someone younger than him like a Jason Day or Nick Flanagan? I saw him at the Australian PGA on TV and his putting was TERRIBLE! I seriously couldn't watch..so I don't know how he could go about it but he needs to fix it up quick - it was painful to watch! His ball striking was magnificent as always though and hopefully the disappointment of 2007 can carry him on to make up for it in 2008. Not sure whether he can win a major next year but hopefully sooner rather than later.
Justin has been solid for a few years now and this year has come right through - he has a fantastic record in majors and now ranked higher than Adam so I think he could definitely go close to winning one next year!

Check out Scott Online ^^
And join ASFF

I'm inclined to say Justin Rose is better looking, since I've been told I look like him, and I've never heard that I look like Adam Scott

Nick Bradley is a golf coach.

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

It absolutely sickens me to play with a dude that plays and looks like Scott. Seriously. Same swing, same mannerisms; same talent...Same length with the irons and woods. SICK.

Only he's Southern, with a southern drawl, and has played with Tommy Two gloves, dustin, et al. And is all Titleist...

I got to think that any of the guys out there now are not the next great thing. Scott has had 7 years to be the next big thing same goes for Rose and Bads and even Garcia. I think they are all great players and each will win some majors but I dont see any of them as the next great Player. I just dont think the next great one has come on the stage yet and when he does we wont have to ask if he is because it will be obvious.

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

I think Mr. O'Hair, Olberhoser and Glover have a pretty good shot at being pretty good as well. I do like Adam Scott though. But, to throw out the name that has the sweetest swing in the book, my vote goes for Mr. Luke Donald.

It makes me sick that recently I read that Maria Sharapova's top 10 dream to play tennis with is Adam Scott...and she goes on to say that she wants it to be a night match. His response, "she has poor taste in men." My response would have been, "tonight good for you?"

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics 9* with Stiff Grafalloy Blue Shaft
3 Wood: Titleist 906F2 15* with Stiff Grafalloy Blue Prototype Comp NT Shaft
5 wood: Taylor Made V Steel 18* with Stiff Grafalloy Blue Prototype Comp NT Shaft
Hybrid: Nickent Hybrid 3 iron with DG S300 Steel Shaft
Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW...

I like both Adam Scott and Justin Rose, and I think that Justin could step up and challenge for several majors next year.

I think the next big thing, however, could be Hunter Mayhan. When he dials it in, he is a birdie-making-machie. He may not make the big leap this year, but I expect to see him in contention on a regular basis in the next couple of years.

In My Bag

Driver: 907 D1 10.5 Regular flex
3 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19Hybrid: Rescue Dual 225-GW: G5Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 58Putter: White Hot 2-ballBall: Mojo

• 2 weeks later...
I would definitely say that Adam Scott is now the best player w/o. I have to say though I was beginning to like Sergio until he made those stupid comments at the end of the British. However, I do think Adam scott has the talent, and everybody knows he has the swing (best swing on tour in my opinion) to win majors.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

Note: This thread is 5937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!