IGNORED

What's Your Swing Speed?

Zakko
Note: This thread is 3635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The highest I ever hit when being measured was 108, and I was swinging out of my socks to to do that.  My norm measured almost 20 years ago was 95, and now it's likely less than that.

I've never been much interested in such numbers anyway.  I'm more concerned with making the ball go where I intend to hit it (unfortunately that's not something I make happen as regularly as I'd like).  All this "mine is bigger than yours" crap tends to make me yawn.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

108? Nah, you were probably holding it upside down.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Swing speed is 90'ish for me ... Studies have shown I decrease 1.2'ish per beer ... So on an average round, I end the day around 80'sh for swing speed hitting the same distance if not farther ... ;-)

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

108? Nah, you were probably holding it upside down.

The club or the speed meter?

801 mph is pretty fast even by forum standards. :-$

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My ball speed tonight was around 140.  That translates, I believe, into the upper 90s.  Not sure about that, tough.  OFF TO GOOGLE

"Witty golf quote."

I have hit several 275 carry drives at the range with range balls. That's my maxed out swing at the moment. Wind was sideways right to left so it was not assisted forward by the wind. So, my proven best clubhead speed is about 110mph - judging by a chart with ss and carry distance and optimal launch angle. Average ss or chs well... let's not talk about that shall we LOL give some mercy to a high handicapper like me who struggles at golf. but man I tell ya... it felt great to hit driver with 275 carry last week...

Went to American Golf (a major chain of golf stores in the UK) and for the first time ever got on trackman and was surprised by the results. I was swing faster than i would have guessed (i am not a long hitter at all so guessed low 90s SS) but trackman had me consistently >100mph with my average settling on 102 over 20 balls. This translated into 20 more yards, once i got a stiffer shaft and lower spinning head, carry jumped from 215 to 230 and then an extra 5-10 on extra roll out once i got my spin rate down from 4500rpm to 2500rpm.

Sadly, I don't have the funds for a new driver atm so can't benefit from those extra yards but looking to upgrade ASAP.

Henry

You do realize that 129MPH is Bubba's swing speed. I'm sorry I'm calling BS on that one. I don't care if you couldn't control it or what. The ability to get the driver to swing that fast you have to have a crazy amount of lag and body movement to do that.

That swing meter must have been off by about 20mph.

Yes Motley I do.  You can call BS all you want but that was consistent. You don't have to be a pro to have a swing that hard.  So BS to you.  You don't know me and how I golf.   I know what I can do so please keep your comments to yourself.  Like I said, I'm not a great golfer but it is what it is.

Yes Motley I do.  You can call BS all you want but that was consistent. You don't have to be a pro to have a swing that hard.  So BS to you.  You don't know me and how I golf.   I know what I can do so please keep your comments to yourself.  Like I said, I'm not a great golfer but it is what it is.

Hilarious.

Bettinardi Golf Kuchar #2 Cobra Bio Cell+ Callaway Razr Hawk 3W TaylorMade SLDR 19H Mizuno JPX 825-Pro 4-AW Scor 55 & 60 (Wedges)

Although I believe that you have swung a club 129mph, this is very fast for an " average ". I play with a few people with high handicaps who swing very fast (to get 280-320 yards), so it's not impossible.

However, to average that speed at all times means that you have to be swinging some in 135 range (or more) which is pretty much what Bubba does.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

:-X this guy is serious. I would love to see your swing to confirm your numbers. I am quick to call BS as well.

Dylan

Twitter: @d_brock504

Although I believe that you have swung a club 129mph, this is very fast for an "average". I play with a few people with high handicaps who swing very fast (to get 280-320 yards), so it's not impossible.

However, to average that speed at all times means that you have to be swinging some in 135 range (or more) which is pretty much what Bubba does.

Hi Lihu.  Maybe I should have stated "woods" speeds.  That's what the instructor was averaging on.  The range that day was 125-133.  I've never swung faster than 135 in my life.  I understand Bubba and others swing that fast, that's what they do.  I'm just a weekend hack with a hard swing.  I'll never profess to breaking par ever or getting pars on a consistent basis I don't need to be that good.  I just want to go out, swing a few, drink a few, have some laughs and eat some overpriced hot dogs. ;-)

Hi Lihu.  Maybe I should have stated "woods" speeds.  That's what the instructor was averaging on.  The range that day was 125-133.  I've never swung faster than 135 in my life.  I understand Bubba and others swing that fast, that's what they do.  I'm just a weekend hack with a hard swing.  I'll never profess to breaking par ever or getting pars on a consistent basis I don't need to be that good.  I just want to go out, swing a few, drink a few, have some laughs and eat some overpriced hot dogs.

You realize the longer the club, the more swing speed? ie. 6 iron> 9 iron. Driver> 3 wood.

So you're telling me your driver swing speed is average 135 max 140ish if your 3 wood swing speed is 125-133.

I have an average swing speed of 107. 111 was my high and 103 was my low. I hit the driver 275-300 and the 3 wood 250-275. You must be hitting your driver 325+ yds with those numbers.

Go out and have your hot dog, but quit telling people you have absurd numbers. Go hit on a different monitor to confirm your findings because I can almost guarantee those are wrong.

Dylan

You realize the longer the club, the more swing speed? ie. 6 iron> 9 iron. Driver> 3 wood.

So you're telling me your driver swing speed is average 135 max 140ish if your 3 wood swing speed is 125-133.

I have an average swing speed of 107. 111 was my high and 103 was my low. I hit the driver 275-300 and the 3 wood 250-275. You must be hitting your driver 325+ yds with those numbers.

Go out and have your hot dog, but quit telling people you have absurd numbers. Go hit on a different monitor to confirm your findings because I can almost guarantee those are wrong.

I didn't realize I was going to start a cow poop storm.  I just threw out the numbers I had.  God forbid if someone can do something that other people can't.  You do realize those numbers are from 8 years ago?  I don't think I could hit that now if I wanted to.  I love the way message board heros immediately dismiss something that have never seen.  I've never personally seen a man walk on the moon, doesn't mean it didn't happen.  So take it for what it's worth, I could care less if people believe me or not. :dance:

Hi Lihu.  Maybe I should have stated "woods" speeds.  That's what the instructor was averaging on.  The range that day was 125-133.  I've never swung faster than 135 in my life.  I understand Bubba and others swing that fast, that's what they do.  I'm just a weekend hack with a hard swing.  I'll never profess to breaking par ever or getting pars on a consistent basis I don't need to be that good.  I just want to go out, swing a few, drink a few, have some laughs and eat some overpriced hot dogs.

If you haven't seen it, there is a discussion about a get together up in Erie, PA where we will get some time for instruction on a Saturday and an outing on Sunday. I believe they have the equipment there that will be able to give you a chance to confirm your swing speeds if you like as well as get a chance to meet Erik and several of us "local" board members. That's one sure fire way to show people who doubt you the truth.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I didn't realize I was going to start a cow poop storm.  I just threw out the numbers I had.  God forbid if someone can do something that other people can't.  You do realize those numbers are from 8 years ago?  I don't think I could hit that now if I wanted to.  I love the way message board heros immediately dismiss something that have never seen.  I've never personally seen a man walk on the moon, doesn't mean it didn't happen.  So take it for what it's worth, I could care less if people believe me or not.

You put numbers up here that you exhibited 8 years ago? You may not care if others believe you, but you make your self look ignorant when you say you hit with those numbers. Regardless, it's your game. I could care less. I thought I would just jump in the convo. Take care.

Dylan

I didn't realize I was going to start a cow poop storm.  I just threw out the numbers I had.  God forbid if someone can do something that other people can't.  You do realize those numbers are from 8 years ago?  I don't think I could hit that now if I wanted to.  I love the way message board heros immediately dismiss something that have never seen.  I've never personally seen a man walk on the moon, doesn't mean it didn't happen.  So take it for what it's worth, I could care less if people believe me or not.

I didn't read your original post correctly. Were you using a swing speed radar type unit? If so, I've clocked 130-ish on one of those with a 3W. My actual speed was probably more like in the 90s.

This I can definitely believe, and I have pictures to prove it.  http://thesandtrap.com/t/72283/distance-club-head-speed-or-technique/18#post_946524

If you haven't seen it, there is a discussion about a get together up in Erie, PA where we will get some time for instruction on a Saturday and an outing on Sunday. I believe they have the equipment there that will be able to give you a chance to confirm your swing speeds if you like as well as get a chance to meet Erik and several of us "local" board members. That's one sure fire way to show people who doubt you the truth.

I think we misread his statement (at least I did), the swing speed radar type units are not very accurate.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!